Batman: Brave and the Bold: Night of the Huntress (spoiler)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by hockeygamer40, May 8, 2009.

1. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    They just had the Batmobile transform into a robot/mech !

I searched board articles in TFW2005 history, and there was a kitbashes for it. Now that it has been shown on TV, would Hasbro please make one?

( BTW -- why was it called 'night' when most of the scenes took place in daytime? )

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

3. hockeygamer40

News Credits:
  4. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Best episode ever!!!!!!
    The B&B versions of DC's characters are my definitive versions. The camp of silver age comics and Adam West,plus today's kinetic action.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    This was definitely the worst episode of the show, hands down. I usually really dig the Silver Age goofiness of B&B, but this one was just painful. The villains were terrible (an Edward G. Robinson inspired gangster, that's original), the action pieces were pretty weak, and the transforming Batmobile has to be one of the stupidest damn things I've ever seen. I was really disappointed by this episode - as a big fan of both Huntress and Blue Beetle I'd been looking forward to it.

Also, I found it really damn creepy that they had Huntress flirting with Batman when she was wearing the old Earth-2 Helena Wayne costume. If they were going to play up that angle, they really should have stuck Helena Bertinelli in one of her own costumes.

6. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    I'm partial to Mrs. Manface, myself.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Take out the criticism about Babyface and that's pretty much my thoughts as well.

This was just terrible. Blue Beetles crush on Huntress is a fine idea, but it was very poorly executed, making BB seem like a complete moron. Additionally, given BB's powers, why did he need anything from Batmans utility belt, why not just have saws or whatever on the forearms cut through the chains and a plasma burst break the hourglass? (Or simply just plasma blast through both?) The Hanger X was stupid, especially since for all those "confiscated" gadgets, all Babyface took were mech suits. Why not do something like a gadget based Amazo with all these other villains signature weapons all on one guy? Why even have Hanger X be a villains weapon depot and not a military one or something else that would explain the uniform scheme of the mechs? Additionally, between the cold open and the episode itself, there was far too much flirting with Batman. Let's face it, for the most part Batman is Batman because he's a cold asexual being of justice. Some flirting in an episode is fine, but the way this episode handled it was just tacky and weird.

Then there's the Transforming. Why? It was obvious it was coming, but it's still stupid beyond reason.

I'll be honest, I'm watching the series, but it still hasn't won me over, this episode was a step in the complete wrong direction, pretty much enough to negate all the progress the Owlman/Joker episodes had made.

8. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    Did you see how cut babyface was at the end? To have a body like that with the face of a baby...must be hell for him.

9. hockeygamer40

News Credits:
    Since episodes are made together in production order, they may not have known what works and what does not work yet.

TF Animated only got cooler this season because there was time between seasons 2 and 3. Hopefully, Batman: B&TB will get better and keep to the Owlman/Joker level in future seasons.

10. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

Sheesh, what's with the bashing of this episode? I think you guys seems to think that they had you guys in mind when they made this show. This show is for little kids not teenagers. It's supposed to be a little cliche and corny. I mean some of these complaints are like if you were watching Spongebob and complaining because it has talking sea-animals.
    Anyway, this episode was great. Definitely on par with the rest of the series. Blue Beetle's crush on Huntress was hilarious. Mrs. Manface was so weirdly funny. XD All in all a fun episode with some great lines.

"I'm sorry but your hotness distracted me."

"The hammer of justice is unisex!"

11. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Well the only problem is that the show is going for a Silver Age look, and the real Huntress wasn't around back then to have a SA look to use, unless you count the Earth-2 Huntress I guess(not familiar with her at all though). They could've tried to use one of her modern costumes, but it'd be like having B&B's Batman in one of his comic counterpart's modern looks. And that just wouldn't work either.

Obviously, Blue Beetle is the sole contradiction to this.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Earth-2 Huntress was created in the late 70s. She's more Bronze Age than Silver. Your explanation does make sense, though. Blue Beetle and Atom are the only two characters on the show to wear costumes designed after, say, 1985 (apart from Black Lightning, Fire, and Katana, whose costumes are unique to the show). And that's only because they're both recent creations. It does indeed seem like they are going to the most classical design available for any character appearing on the show. Good call.

Still creepy to see a woman that looks like Batman's daughter flirting with Batman, though.

13. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

Stop bashing this hilarious episode, it's not meant to be taken seriously.

14. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought the stuff between Huntress and Blue Beetle was funny, but I agree the villains were pretty lame, especially Man-face, ugh.

15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It came out a couple of years ago as part of the 'The Batman' line, so it might still be around. I bought one myself when it came out, not great but not bad either.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits: