Batman: Brave and Bold

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by AniProwl, Nov 10, 2008.

1. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    The only episode with Bat-mite that I'll ever like.

2. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Good Night.

3. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I never liked the series, but I thought this was a fitting ending in which the characters all became aware of the fact that they're in a tv show. I loved how the ending had everyone from the past on the show to say good bye. That is how you end a show. I also laughed a lot when Batman and Abe Lincoln beat up a cybernetic John Wilkes Boothe. Also, is anyone else now hoping for a Batgirl show?

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Wasn't TBaTB suppose to have a Scoody-Doo crossover? Or did that happen allready?

5. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    It Did.

6. Sideways77

News Credits:
    Well, it isn't the first time...

7. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    That was in the episode Bat-Mite Presents : Batman's Strangest Cases. Loved that episode. All sorts of stuff you'd never see in another Batman series! I mean c'mon we got the animated Bat Manga featuring Lord Death Man!

8. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Well Here is the final Scene.

[​IMG]

9. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What a great end to a great show! I've never seen a show get cancelled and respond by having a Character IN the show try to get it cancelled....especially not by making fun of some of the silly merchandising things they do with cartoons. They even made fun of the whole "Jumping the Shark" bit....

One of the best endings I've seen in years....

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    This coupled with the new Star Wars episode made it one of the saddest nights on televesion.

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I might look into the series soon. I mean it's not exactly Batman TAS but that doesn't mean it can't be charming as well. I like the idea the show has by exploring Batman's silver age aspects and having over the top adventures as well as having lesser known villans having their time to shine. Besides Bat Mite did say that THIS is part of the whole Batman mythos and he does acknowledge about the dark and light aspects of it too! I mean that's why the reason I liked the Teen Titans show it accepts the goofy side of the Batman characters as well as the dark sides. It has to do with diferent people's preference ultimatley and that's not a bad thing really!:thumb 

12. Sideways77

News Credits:
    What episode did Batdog and Batgirl show up in?

13. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Ace the Bat-Hound appears in the Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode "Legends of the Dark Mite!" with his vocal effects done by Dee Bradley Baker. He helps Batman fight Catman and an endangered tiger he unleashes on Batman. Ace manages to corner Catman up a tree, and Batman rewards him with a bat shaped treat after getting him to heel. Ace is later seen in the main plot of the episode, as a guise Bat-Mite created. When Batman see two Aces, he knows something is wrong. At the end, Batman touches Ace's collar to see if he is a fake, but he's the real thing and tells Ace that he was just making sure. Ace makes an appearance in "The Siege of Starro! Part One" where he is seen when Batman contacts Booster Gold. In "The Plague of the Prototypes!", Ace is friends with Batman's prototype Bat-Robot, Proto, and encourages him to save Batman from Black Mask. Later, using his jet-pack, he helps Batman and Proto track down and de-activate Black Mask's bombs.

Batgirl is mentioned by Jaime Reyes in the "Night of the Huntress!" episode. Batgirl appears in the teaser of "The Last Patrol!" voiced by Mae Whitman. She saves Batman from Killer Moth in a flashback. In a present day scene of the teaser, she and Batman end up in one of Penguin's death traps. She returns in "The Criss Cross Conspiracy!", in which she and Nightwing have to work alongside Batman (in Batwoman's body) and Felix Faust to save Batwoman, who is trapped in Batman's body and at the mercy of the Riddler.

14. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    It took a while for the show to grow on me but I actually hate to see it go.

15. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I read this month's Brave and the Bold comic. Damian Wayne appears in this comic and he's clearly the son of Talia Al Ghul in this continuity. This throws out Damian being Catwoman's son if the episode he appeared in wasn't all a story Alfred made up. I think the writers wanted to use Catwoman a lot in the TV show. She was a member of the Birds of Prey in the show but she was a Gotham Siren in the comics. Unless the two groups merged, I haven't read those books thoroughly.

16. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
  17. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

What a finale the show had, shame it had to go but at least there's comics of it still.

18. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    That one's getting cancelled too :p 

19. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I saw the finale last night and it was very surreal. I enjoyed what they were trying to do but it often took me out of the show. While originally I was not a fan of what they were trying to do with this show, it's charm won me over and I eventually grew to enjoy it. However, I don't think it would have been much longer before the formula became stale, so I'm glad it went out on a high note and didn't become a parody of itself.

I only wish the new Batman show utilized the CG segment from this episode. That looked amazing!