Batman Beyond

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Boggs6ft7, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I was at Target and found all three seasons of Batman Beyond for 16.99 each, the biggest savings being in the second season which used to sell for 34 bucks.

EDIT: apparently season two came down in price on Amazon, it seems I remembered it being more expensive. Its 17.99 on there.

Also, if you have never checked out the show and you enjoyed the original BTAS, I think you will be pleasently surprised. Even if it was made to sell toys, I think Bruce Timm and Company did an excellent job.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Awesome show. Especially considering all the concessions they had to make, like focusing it around the school and stuff. Some brilliant moments in the show, like the Justice League episodes.

3. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Wow. Thanks for beating me to the punch TC. Also this Dark Knight stuff has gotten me thinking that a Batman Beyond movie would be awesome(after Nolan finishes his trilogy of course). Especially one based on or similiar to return of the Joker. Definetly going to go get the DVDS.

4. Sideways

Sideways Banned

I'm down for a Batman:Beyond movie...
    I really liked Return of the Joker.

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved the series- my only gripe is the lack of cape (I mean come on, where's the style?). The series had a pretty dark tone overall so I do think a new movie based on this could be good.

6. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
  7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I never really got into Batman Beyond. I like the premise and the way it continues on from Batman TAS, but for some reason I never felt especially compelled to watch more than a handful of episodes. I think part of it is the lack of a strong rogue's gallery on the show.

8. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I just watched the first half of the first season and definitely am pleasantly surprised.

9. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Didn't Joker make a similar comment? "The ears are too long, and I miss the cape."

10. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

I felt similarly, but I don't think it had to do with the rogue's gallery so much as this was a show primarily focused on characters that I had no childhood connection to whatsoever (Bruce was there as advisor or whatever, but that didn't count). Plus, the music annoyed the heck out of me.

It was fine for what it was, but I'm glad that they moved to the Justice League after it was over instead of more wacky, alternate reality future stuff.

11. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Batman+Spiderman+Iron Man= Terry McGinnis

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought the show was decent, but not great, and this was my main problem with it too. Terry had way too many one-off or overly generic villains who had virtually no character development and didn't leave any kind of lasting impression. Other than Inque and Blight (who got killed off early), I can't even remember any of Terry's original villains.

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i too didn't feel impressed with the villains, and actually, TM's Batman wasn't really a detective to me. i could gripe alot like a spoiled fanboy, but i did like the show. i thought it handled teen/high school life waaay better than that Fox Kids Spiderman series wtih all his thinking out loud BS. The episode with the flour baby project was pure gold to me.

BB as a movie? not gonna happen. But if it did....day-um. i wanna see some of that.

14. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I used to love the show, not sure if I saw much after season 1 ended though

15. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I like the design of the new Batman and find the show pretty amazing. Return Of The Joker kicks ass!

16. Snow Cat

Snow Cat Well-Known Member

I loved it, I really wish they'd re-run it over here in the UK.

Return of the Joker is awesomesauce, the scene where the Joker implies his torture of Tim Drake gave me the shivers. Very adult for what was supposedly a kid's show.

17. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Bah, I just bought 2 and 3 a few months ago. I knew I should have waited.

18. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I love Batman Beyond! I really believe that Terry McGinnis would be the next Batman if that was ever suppose to be apart of any sort of continuity.

The rogues gallery is kinda weak, Blight for a little while at least had a interesting relation to Terry, they both didnt know who each other was and they where searching for the other. Also, judging by the intro of the cartoon, you'd think Gotham city was if some serous trouble, I was expecting Batman to fight off evil corporations and corrupt authorties.

Maybe he even does, but I havent witnessed it yet.

19. Arcee

Arcee Optimus Scourge Forever TFW2005 Supporter

This was definetly a great show. I'm surprized that the gamble of changing the story line actually worked.

20. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I can understand the gripe with the lack of rogues, I think that had to more do with it being a new show and not wanting to reuse characters. Mr. Freeze came back for an episode and I thought it was handled really well, you just feel sad for him in the end.

The Royal Flush Gang showed up a few times; Ink and Shriek were there a few times too. It seemed most of the rogues were based in some sort of technology instead of just being crazy, which I guess makes sense, it is the future after all and Batman is in a powerful suit (Which is brought up in the epidsode where a computer program takes over the suit and forces Terry to be old school Batman)

I guess I enjoyed the little tie ins to the original BTAS more, like Barbara dating Bruce, the Ras Al Ghul episode, The Call episodes, etc...

Probably my favorite episode wasn't even in the series, its the Epilogue episode in Justice League Unlimited Season Two. It really puts everything into perspective of who Batman is and what he represents in the DCAU.