Batman Begins 2 given an official name and villian

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paladin, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  2. butz

butz slippery when wet

Awesome! Not sure how Ledger will do as Joker though, but guess we'll have to wait and see.

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I think Ledger can do a pretty damn good job.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

He's got pretty good range as an actor, I just can't imagine how the Joker is going to be portrayed; given the atmosphere of the first film, he can't be anywhere near as outlandish as the previous movie Jokers.

5. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ooo so will ledger's gf/wife/whatever michelle williams make a guest spot thus creating a dawson's creek/batman epic crossover?

6. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I can see them playing the Joker as more the psycho/sinister type villain rather than the goofy Jack Nicholson Joker.

7. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Agreed. Like I've said previously, this doesn't have nearly the shock value that "Topher Grace is Venom" had.

I watched Batman Begins just last night - I'm seriously hoping they can live up to the first one in a sequel.

8. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    awww, don't say that dev! I wanna see Joker go splat against the street, but also have a cheesy cartoon show him falling off the building ala Batman circa 1989.

"Wanna get nuts?! Let's get nuts!"

9. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i was just reading this on IGN

so crazy!

i just watched "A Knights Tale" last night

i guess i kinda find it hard to imagine him as the joker, but i guess if he got casted he musta done somethin right :p 

i look forward to this very much :D 

10. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Quick and dirty:

[​IMG]

11. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Remember when you would see and English or Australian actor in a movie and they didn’t sound like an American?

12. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I wish I could've been a fly on the wall in the casting room when Heath gave his interpretation of the Joker for his audition. I have no idea if this will work out for the film franchise. I guess I'll wait and see when it comes out.

13. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

I'm really hoping that Ledger can impress me as the Joker. I haven't seen a lot of his work, but I have pretty high expectations of what the Joker is and I'd hate to have his performance be the reason as to why I start to hate the new Batman series.

The title, I like. The article does not refer to it as "Batman: The Dark Knight", but simply as "The Dark Knight". I'd be interested in seeing just what the final title is (I'd wager it's the former, but the latter would be more impressive to me, for it's simplicity alone).

Here's hoping Talia Al Ghul is in it. Her father needs some avenging.

14. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    This is what I am hoping for. More of a pure evil Joker. And I love the name for the film!

15. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

I love the name. I don't have anything againstLedger but I didn't even consider him as Joker until the rumors began like last month. But Batman Begins was so absolutely perfect, that I have full and complete trust that they'll make this happen.

16. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

Never been a big fan of ledger, but these guys did an amazing job with the first one. So I have faith for them to deliver a good sequel

17. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hell yeah. The first one was great, really looking forward to this next one.

18. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Reading this, I immediately thought of Joker in a, um, inappropriate state with someone of the same sex. Heath Ledger? Gah, if he mumbles through it like he did the atrocious Brokeback Mountain (which I hated for the story, more then anything) then his Joker will be a joke. He'd make a better Harvey Dent/TwoFace then the Joker. Ideally, I think the Jack Nicholson Joker was awesome.

With the new franchise, I just hope they don't ruin it like they did with the Tim Burton one that began in 1989. Five movies was just four too many.

What I loved about some of the comic iterations was The Joker's pure evil, sadistic sense of humor. So dark, twisted, and raw, that he was the perfect villain.

I keep hoping that they do a live action movie based off of the Batman Beyond animated series that was sadly cut short. That show was AWESOME.

I'm still realing from Heath Ledger being The Joker. Man, I was disappointed with his role and acting in Brokeback Mountain. It was hard to hear and understand him. Some of his other films were FAR better.

19. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    There's one thing I really would love to be in this movie.

The Joker's laugh from the animated series. I hope to god Ledger can at least do something close to that. Being the Joker and all, he has to have a crazy laugh, and no one has ever done it better than Mark Hammil.

Personaly I prefer animated Joker of Nicholson Joker any day of the week. So I'd rather they use aspects of that Joker instead.

20. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah

i dont personally understand all the gushing and love over the jack nicholson joker. i mean. he wasnt really anything special IMO

Animated [Mark Hamill] Joker was THE best on screen incarnation. like Gryph, i hope they "base" this new joker off him. he was just too cool