batman 651 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    ok...so im liking this so far...kinda confused as to whats gonna happen, but i think thats part of it...also, so glad that poison ivys involvement has kinda seemed to end already...shes never been more then a3rd stringer to me (though i do love her) but she just didnt seem like the best villian to start off with OYL, but seems like she may just settle into the background....but with the cover to next issue showing harvey...i wonder...i hope they dont bring 2face back just yet...he should stay gone for awhile, just have mr dent around, then something a few years down brings a huge change for him....and i like the covers kinda settling together like a poster....cant wait for more...

2. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

I'm a huge Batman fan.

That being said, I didn't like the issue at all. Felt half assed, rushed, and without a point. The only thing remotely interesting was the death of Magpie.

On the other hand, I was really into the Robin OYL.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked the splash pages of Batman and Robin jumping and dodging the plants, but the story in this issue was pretty dull and pretty much an exact copy of an old Batman TAS episode I saw recently.

4. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I know the name but can't remember who magpie is. Any help?

5. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Magpie was a villainess in John Byrne's MAN OF STEEL mini-series (she was in the issue where Superman and Batman meet for the first time).

Strangely though, she was mentioned as being dead in Loeb's first SUPERMAN/BATMAN arc but we'll blame that on Superboy-Prime.

6. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

I remember her from Batman 401. She was a jewel thief.

7. UDontKnowSith

UDontKnowSith NOOOOOOOOOOO!

So far in the Batman OYL books, we have Poison Ivy(who died in Gotham Knights) Magpie (Who was said to be dead in Batman/Superman) and in Robin, Lynx (who was also dead). So we have plenty to blame on SBP it looks like..although interestingly, 2 of those characters are re-introduced dead already, but having JUST died. Hmm. Sloppy editing, or ingenious plan?