Batman 3

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Haloid1177, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Warner Bros. released a tentative release date for the next Batman: July 20, 2012.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/108/1087195p1.html

While I know it is a long way away, mine as well start up a thread for it. I am very interested to see how Batman will fair against the other Marvel movies coming out that year.

Comments, ideas, speculations. Let's here 'em!

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    All we know, content-wise, is that the villain is NOT Mr. Freeze. SOme interview with Nolan I saw a week and a half ago. Seemed pretty adamant about that fact.

10 Bucks says its final name will be "The Caped Crusader"

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    If Batman releashed weeks after the Spider-Man Reboot Movie it's only one thing.
    [​IMG]

4. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    2012? Awesome! I hope this one is as good as Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

The themes for the villians for the last 2 films have been those who are more "realistic"; Joker, 2-Face, Scarecrow. As oppose to say Killer Crock or Mr. Freeze. I'd say the next popular "real" villain will be The Riddler. I have no idea how they'd be able to pull it off, but we'll see.

6. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can't imagine how they will try to top TDK in terms of quality. However, I do have high hopes that Batman 3 will be a worthy follow-up and look forward to seeing it in theaters.

7. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    YAY! Riddler please!

8. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Riddler, Catwoman, and Hugo Strange as the main villains in this one. Catwoman not a villain persay, but perhaps a rival to Batman.
    Then PLEASE try and fit in a Joker cameo. If not that, then perhaps a Mr. Zsasz cameo. If they do replace Joker however, my personal choice would be Brad Pitt.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would freaking love to see the Riddler.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Like in Batman Begins?

11. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Pretty close to the ones I'd pick. Ratcatcher is another one I could see fitting.

I kinda miss some of the more colourful villains. I'd like to see Man-bat and Clayface, but they probably won't do mutants. I'd also like the Penguin, but I just can't see that working out.

Joker is the only stand-out villain they've had so far. Two-face and Scarecrow were wasted I thought.

12. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Yes, but with more screentime. Perhaps Batman could capture him at the beginning.

13. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I want the Mad Hatter. But, alas, "Alice" put the brakes on that idea. He was so awesome in Haunted Knight. No mind control, just a nut who honestly thought he was the Mad Hatter toting a revolver and quoting Lewis Carrol. And if Scarecrow shows up again, I hope they do him like Loeb and Sale's version. He was so eerie running around quoting nursery rhymes.

But, seriously, seeing as how the Dark Knight was practically pulled straight from the Long Halloween, I could see a gang war between the Falcones and Maronis being a focal point. And I've said before that I'd like to see Barbara Gordon show up at some point. She doesn't become Batgirl until she's in college, so a young girl getting off of the bus like in Haunted Knight wouldn't hurt in the least. It would just be an Easter egg more or less and would give Gordon a little more time to shine, and I'd like to see Gary Oldman show off some more of his acting chops.

14. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I could see the Penguin,Riddler,Ventriloquist or Detective Bullock.

15. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually think Batgirl could work in this take on Batman (even more so than Robin) if done properly. That's a big if, though.

I'm slightly worried, as I'm really not sure how they can possibly top TDK. I'm sure Nolan has something up his sleeve to blow us all away, but man, it just hits hard that Ledger as the Joker won't grace the screen again. I would like to see the Riddler, however.

16. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Penguin, Riddler, maybe firefly would be good. Deadshot though would be awesome

17. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Two-Face could definitely come back if they played it like Dark Victory, which was absolutely brilliant imo. Or, speaking of Dark Victory, maybe Hangman would be a good villain. That would definitely fit in Nolan's Gotham - some nut who's hanging cops and leaving cryptic hangman games behind, and turns out to be
    Falcone's daughter, Sofia Falcone Gigante.
    Holiday may work, but that would make for a ridiculously long movie. And Riddler fit into both of those occasions as a good side villain.

18. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I vote Black Mask, Penguin and Catwoman. Black Mask would be a mob boss attempting to fill the vacuum in Gotham's underworld. Penguin would be a 'gentleman arms dealer' secretly funneling aid to Black Mask. Either villain could have Deadshot as an enforcer - a deadly assassin who always gets his man. Catwoman would be a master thief/saboteur in the pay of the Falcone remnants, waging a one-woman war on Black Mask's crew and teaming up reluctantly with Batman because both she and the Dark Knight, while possessing different interests, have a common enemy.

19. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I think they could do the more "unrealistic" villains if they just ditch the unrealistic parts and increase the "possible" aspects of the characters.

Mr. Freeze could work if they instead made him a scientist of Wayne Industries working in cryogenics applied for warfare. Just do away with the whole "accident" thing but keep his reason for committing crimes as a way to fund his search for a cure to his wife's illness. He could develop a gun that encases things in giant masses of ice. His threats include inducing hypothermia, frostbite, and loss of limbs or death from exposure to liquid nitrogen.

Clayface could also work if they instead ditch the "made of clay" thing and just made him a disfigured former actor & voice impersonator who now uses his acting & voice talents as a master of disguise and espionage. His face could be so disfigured, that he makes his own unique faces with makeup or even develops a special mask that easily changes the appearance of his face and it's underlying bone structure. Imagine him going so far as to kidnap and then impersonate someone in their place as say, Gordon, or even Alfred.

Poison Ivy could be an extreme plant conservationist who goes to lengths of seduction and the use of her own laboratory-made fatal poisons. She could also create new deadly plants in her lab. For her to be a threat, she would be to make her own brand of perfume that contained a slow-acting poison, which she would use on wealthy victims, forcing them to pay ransom money or not destroy plants in their real estate projects for the antidote.

20. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Make Penguin more like the modern comics as a mob boss. With Joker taking out the mobsters in DK, a gap is made that Penguin could come in and take over. Maybe have Penguin hire the 2nd villian to go out and commit crimes/cause chaos because it gives Penguin more control. Don't have Penguin look penguin like like batman Returns did. Just make him short & fat. He still wears tuxedos & does have a gun in an unbrella. Make his laugh a little like the classic "Wak Wak Wak"