Customs: basic LED HELP

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ersico, Apr 30, 2010.

1. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hi, we all know im no radicon. as much as i would love to be, i just don't have the skill...ive been doing research and trying to find some basic info on LED and havent had much success so i came here for help

basically i have an iron monger toy i repainted and i want to add a singe led to his chest....i can gut out the innerds with no problem. my problem is i don't have the foggiest clue as to where to find the LED's, what kind of wire to use, battery and if i need a resistor........i just wanna put a bright light in his chest.
    i saw big hanks mod on ratchet and its great, just too involved and i just want one light. could yall help me out if you have the time or refer me to someone who would know....thanks

here is the monger im gonna light up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the one on the right, the others are just repaints ive done
    [​IMG]

2. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

You can get LEDS and resistors at Radio Shack.
    Um this is the only Led guide I could find.
    LINK

3. kiwisoccer

kiwisoccer Well-Known Member

4. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THANKS GUYS :) 
    that one from angelfire.com was the only one i could find too..i attempted to try that. but i think im just SOL, mine didnt work, maybe im too slow to get it...lol..so i cheated....an LED, 3 watch batteries and electrical tape..
    taped the 3 batteries together and slid the led inbetween the outer battery and tape....did this to both sides and it works. when i wann turn it off, i just remove one of the LED wires :) 
    this is how it turned out....ill give the correct way another shot. ... one of these days :) 
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]