Customs: Bashing To Distraction

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by anovasinn, Nov 29, 2008.

1. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

well i do my work in a very distracting house between two kids wife and Internet i am surprised i get anything done. my 2yr old daughter beats me like a drum to get a hug. my son should have a question mark on his shirt. and my wife just wants to tell me funny stories. oh not to mention the Internet. i go on to get reference then get sucked into everything else the world wide web has to offer.

anyways it seems others here have the same distractions and still get more work done. so how do you do it with distractions or do you hide in a room which i wish i could do :tongue: 

Attached Files:

2. zgraham

zgraham Well-Known Member

It is a problem trying to balance family and hobby. I would get a lot more done if it wasn't for the internet. I get on it looking for a pic of a figure I am working on and boom an hour has passed. I have turned my storage shed into my workshop. It gets me out of the house so I can aviod some of the distractions. I have also started working after my 3 year old son goes to bed. This way I get to spend time with him and bash too. The down side is I have been going to bed at 1:00 in the morning the past couple of nights. I am lucky that mywife is understanding and gives me the time I need.

3. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm lucky, my wife works weekends.So I can bash all I want then.
    During the weekdays I can barely get anything worked on, between my wife, the phone & our cats it's impossible.
    That & when I bash, I like to have my comp cranking out tunes.
    Can't really do that with anyone else home.

4. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    Outside of work, I am the worst procrastinator and the most easily distracted person EVER.

I use Photoshop when coloring my personal and commissioned artwork, and when I sit down and wait for it to load up, I notice the little Firefox button with the cute fox, rollicking around the globe just begging me to join him... and I can't resist such a generous fox. And once I give in to temptation... I have to check my bank account, then all my pages... my website's traffic report, TFW 2k5, TFCC, Seibertron, Bungie.net, ESPN and CBS fantasy football leagues... and now DeviantArt... and before you know it, two or more hours have gone by and I haven't even got anything started in Photoshop.

And all this occurs in my dining room, which is joined with the living room where my wife spends most of her time... and even though we're not more than 10 feet away from each other, we're doing completely different things and that's just not good enough for her. I get the whole 'we never spend any time together blah blah blah' spiel... Seriously woman!

She should be happy I'm not off in my room, 'bashing' my brains out, so to speak. :> She's pregnant and much more needy-needy than normal, so I haven't really spent much time kitbashing and customizing as I would like to. She's lucky Photoshop works on the laptop. :p 

And then when the kid comes, I'm going to have the pleasure of having no free time whatsoever, yaaaay XD

- Alty

5. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I feel you on that one, My wife "knocked up" too.
    Oh the joys of future parenthood.

6. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    Congrats, NP! :>

In hindsight, I didn't intend for my post to come off as bitchy bitchy woe is me; I love my wife and I'm very grateful to be with her. :) 

I'm just easily distracted to begin with, and she certainly doesn't help, LOL.

I mentioned my art specifically before, but for kitbashing and customizing, I know that I sometimes put things off because I'm afraid to do what I want to do... because with a computer I can easily just hit ctrl+z and undo what I just did. I can't rectify a mistake very easily with a 'bash. Sometimes I have to sit there and psyche myself up for a few minutes, LOL! Chanting to myself like Rob Shneider, 'You can do eet!'

- Alty

7. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Well, I'm doing basshing full time now, so a distraction every now and then is okay. :thumb 

My daughter is my biggest distraction. She likes to grab things off my desk, then start running full speed away from my desk and have me chase her. :lol