Barricade

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by masterjetfire, Jun 21, 2008.

1. masterjetfire

masterjetfire Well-Known Member

What really happend to him, sorry if this was posted before, but i want to know.

The last place i saw him was the freeway when they were chasing the autobots.
    The premium figure states that he is still alive.

2. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    nobody knows. i think he was supposed to be part of the BC vs Optimus fight, but that was cut from budget constraints. i'm fairly sure they intend to have him return in the sequel.

3. masterjetfire

masterjetfire Well-Known Member

they better, be sad if people dont know the truth!!!!!

4. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    if he died on the freeway with bc they should have a flashback in this movie

5. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Poho, I 100% agree with what you are saying, but I think we will definitely see Barricade in TF2, because of the pictures we have seen in which we saw several alt modes being transported on a truck. The Saleen Mustang was one of them. I really hope he makes it back into the sequel. For a newly created Decepticon, Barricade was awesome. The design of his alt mode, his voice, his character. So, so awesome.

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    These damn where is Barricade threads are worse than the where is waldos books from my childhood!!!

7. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Barricade's fate and TF2 pictures of him are here

8. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

just more of that great bay movie making ability. maybe he got a flat on the way to the battle and had to wait by the side of the road. if he's back just get rid of that "to punish and enslave" writng off of him. just so damn corny.

9. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, in the Starscream prequel (issue 1) they show what happened to Barricade.

During the motorway chase, Barricade was taken out by Ironhide, knocking him off the road and causing him to go offline. He was later reactivated by "Lord" Starscream, and suggested to his new leader that they should find Frenzy (Here is a pic I took from the comic book)

[​IMG]

From what I have read, it looks like there is a different fate for Barricade in the Titans magazine version ... supposedly Optimus finishes him off and SS brings him back as a zombie? Here is an image from the Titan release

[​IMG]

10. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Barracade is either dead and we ll know how and when he died in a flashback sequence or he s alive and will be back in TF2... but we still need to know where he went from that highway chase scene.. Let s face it.. as a Mustang, he s suppose to roll faster then all the other cars or trucks ther.. especially tank Devastator, Prime, Ratchet and Ironhide.. so HE MUST HAVE WENT SOMEWHERE!!!! As for Jazz, my guess is he will only be back in flashback sequeces cuz we avent seen his vehicule anywhere yet... but again, doesnt mean anything since we avent seen Ratchet yet too.... And alot of other robots???

11. DeceptiKreep

News Credits:
    removed because I could have worded it better....

12. Atin

Atin Well-Known Member

Not "cannon" in the movieverse. If it wasn't in the movie Bay & co. can do whatever they want.

13. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

THIS IS FROM THE COMICS!!!! Not the movie and I dout they will follow the comic s plot for the movies or else we ll already know what will happen!!!!

14. DeceptiKreep

News Credits:
    The one is from the movie comic which, from my understanding, is official and stays true to what happened in the movie. I recall them saying that the comics would explain what happened to certain characters and would answer questions people may have had.

I guess if you dont want to believe, no one can make you.

15. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Well the only problem is that in order to have Barricade on set as has been reported kinda kills that rational. Now another thing is, to assume he is going to be part of a flashback is a little rediculous because that would mean there is some depth to the story line to fill in wholes and I dont see that in M Bay's pic sorry. I cant think of one of his movies that has ever had a Flashback of anykind. Why would he start now? for the fans?? heh that im sure is the least of his concerns.

I would expect this movie to be its own beast linear and straight forward with alot of Bay-os (chaos and Bay). Problem is some people want this to be a simple popcorn flick and then the others want this to be a cult flick and right now the popcorners are the winners.

16. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    The "Official" Movie comics were done with liberties prior to the Movie being released so everything in the comics will not reflect what will happen in TF2.

Barricade will appear in the second movie.

17. DeceptiKreep

News Credits:
    ok ... ok ... I am done sticking my two cents in.

18. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    :lolol  so true man!

19. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But in the official movie adaptation, Barricade is defeated by Prime, and his head gets knocked off just like in the UK version posted. Except he doesn't come back as a zombie. So WHICH comic is official, the movie adaptation, or the movie sequel? There being at least 2 different versions already, it's no wonder that people (myself included) believe a 3rd version can and likely will appear in TF2--oops, I mean TF:ROTF.

20. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Last time I heard anything about Barricade, he was originally going to die in the first movie, but the scene was cut out and it sounded like Bay wanted to keep him for the sequel, so... PLEASE, BRING BARRICADE BACK!!! HE'S THE COOLEST DECEPTICON EVER!!!