Barricade *WARNING* Spoilers!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Jun 15, 2009.

1. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

I'm pretty sure that there's a good reason why Barricade is not in the film. He was probably killed by NEST during the time between the first and second movie. I mean, especially since his corpse was never found after the city battle and those obvious decals on him you'd think he'd be caught by now?

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

maybe he's in the imax version?

3. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Could be, but I doubt it. And how much longer is the IMAX version? Not long is it, so the screentime he would get would be little to nothing.

4. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

isint it over 20 minutes and is mostly robots fighting?
    i have a small amount of hope that this extra footage will have more answers but cant see it.

Also wasnt barricade killed in a comic by prime that wasnt shown in the first movie? If so thats pretty lame that the only way ppl will know that are the ones who have read the comics which would probally amount to something like 5% of the ppl who saw the movie.

5. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

20 minutes?! I thought something like 5 minutes :p  20 minutes sounds awesome. And yeah, I think Barricade was killed in the Novel.

6. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm very sure it was never more than a theory/assumption.

Those rumors have been outed as false. I don't know why people put so much stock in them.
    If you want to know what happened to Barricade, read Reign of Starscream and Alliance. The death in the first movie's comic adaptation by Prime was replaced with a sequence of events in which he lived. He's going to appear in the 'Tales of the Fallen' miniseries coming out in a few months, and that's probably where he'll meet his end.

7. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

The last place Barricade showed up was The Veiled Threat, in which he escapes the humans and Autobots and just disappears. So, ROTF sequel comics get on it and tell us where the hell our favorite Decepticon is....

8. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

I just decided to believe he was supposed to be in Sideways place, but Hasbro decided they could squeeze an extra toy out of the movie.

Oh well, at least he's still alive somewhere.