Barricade Toy Review (and questions about technology)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by buckmana, Jun 24, 2007.

1. buckmana

buckmana Well-Known Member

I just got this Transformer:

Barricade
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w224/ajbckmn/Transformers/Barricade01.png

Overall, he is quite interesting. Took me longer then I expected to transform him though.

I like that his joints are somewhat posable. I've wanted Transformers to do that for a while.

I wish his hands could seperate from the "sides" of the car though and have "gripping" fingers. And that power punch thing (his left hand can pop forward) is annoying. It keeps going off when I don't want it to. It it keeps doing that, I'll have to glue it closed.

There is one weird thing about him. The tops of his arms (above the shoulders) fold inwards. :confused:  This appears to have no reason and is not mentioned in the instructions. If you were actually to do it, his arms would be unable to move.

Now onto my query about him (if anyone knows the answer). Frenzy comes out of his chest/grill.

Does anyone know why this is? Is Frenzy a spy or something? Or is this a modification of the principle that Frenzy was a tape that used to come out of Soundwave's chest?

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Well, in the leaked script, Frenzy was ejected from his chest. Don't know if it's still in the movie, but that's where it came from.

As for the soulders: You can flip them around. If you look at the 3D renders, he has those weird tube thingies on the outside of his arms...The same tube-thingies he has on the toy. Plus, if you move his arms sideways a bit (like how he does in the clips of the game), you can position them to stay upright, as in the movie.

Hope that helped. :) 

Oh yeah! One last thing: If you pull his head up, you can slide the two halves of the car front a bit closer to each other. Looks MUCH better, IMO.

EDIT: This guy did those two things. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php?p=1390408&postcount=4804

3. buckmana

Thanks for the suggestions.

He looks better now.

4. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    I did the same with my figure! It was kind of hard, but it really improve the look of the figure!

5. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Well-Known Member

I tend to both flip and fold the shoulders out, so they bend away from his head. Although it may not be accurate, I don't like the "super-extendo-arm" look when they're upright.

Sliding the chest pieces back together is actually in the instructions, not sure why so many people miss that.

Frenzy is cool, but it's not in scale.. he stands about seven or eight feet tall if you compare him to the vehicles.

6. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    well actualy its wrong to flip his upper shoulder things. look at the movie render:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you see those long pieces of metal that cros the wheel. its the inside of the car. and the blue colored panel and the cop insignia are on the outside. just like it should be:

[​IMG]

But you can see if you flip them the cross metal thing goes outside and its not how it is in the movie:

[​IMG]

and yes the wheels are reversed on the toy then they are in the movie but you can still see that the outer side of the car with "punish and enslave" sign is outside not on the inside of his arm. so must the toy's part be no matter the wrongly reverse wheels mold

another thing. Does anybody has the stupid problem with one of the wheel not touching the gorund in the car mode?

7. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I have that problem with a lot of car based TFs. Usually it's just a matter of twisting the whole thing a little bit. With barricade it's important to make sure that his pelvis and thighs are as far inside the car mode as they'll go. They tend to want to scrape the ground, if you're not carefull. Once that's rulled out, then you can twist him.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I going to Buy Jazz,Barricade and Wreckage at My Zellers at 33% Off,later this week.

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:

10. Solid Alexei

News Credits:
    cool thanks alot! I have tried the pelvis thing too. Will try to twist the back wheel a bit. I think the problem is the right rear part of the car with "punish and enslave" sign. I think it's twisted abit upwart.

11. Solid Alexei

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

the thing on the panel of his hands says "911 Emergency Response"

12. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

There should be more than enough wiggle room in the way the parts seat to twist him enough to straiten him out. I usually have to do this with Barricade, and about half my other car based TFs.

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Err...was going off the toy >_>

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    There are also a couple of spikes on top of his feet that you can flip up. They're easy to miss if you're not looking for them.

15. Solid Alexei

News Credits:
    I know:S the toy's arms and the movie model arms are completely reversed:S kinda sucks but I guess its something they had to sacrifice in order to make such a small toy transformable

hehe yeah. they are not showing on the toy package:p  I missed them myself the first time I transformed him. Found 'em afterwards:p 

16. buckmana

Frenzy

Is Frenzy different in the movie?

I just saw the Hidden trailer and it looks like Frenzy transforms from a tape recorder.

Did they change him after the toy was made?

17. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    No

Frenzy is ejected by Barricade from his chest (originally).

He has more than one alt mode he takes on in the film.

18. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Hasbro just needs to say "Screw it" and make every deluxe into a Voyager.