barricade spoiler

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by butheadimus prime, Jul 4, 2007.

1. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    I kept thinking about the decepticons that survived. We know scop is in the desert pissed off. We Know SS took off in the end to go get soundwave and shockwave hopefully. Some were wondering including me what happened with barricade. I watched again and had time on which scene to concentrate on the final battle. If you look at the scene where sam ducks blackout flying by and we see barricade take a shot to the chest from iron hide. He wastrounced in one shot. Kind of pisses me off. he was my favorite con design

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I never saw barricade in that scene.

3. RedOktobre

RedOktobre RedOktobre

Interesting...

You must be very observant.

When I watch it a 2nd time, I'll keep a closer eye on the battle scenes!

4. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    doesn't make sense, Ironhide was infront of Blackout, when Blackout was transforming back into helicopter mode.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    According to the comic Prime wasted him on the highway before he killed Bonecrusher.

In the movie, as far as I could tell (and I was very observant) you never actually see him get killed [and according to Bay he survives])...though I do recall seeing a police car door on the ship at the end, with the other cons.

6. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I didn't see Barricade at all. But their was ALOT of crazyness during that scene. MOTION BLUR!

7. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I was wondering what happened to him too?

8. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Again at the writers panel it was sort of a mistake that Barricade’s story wasn’t really resolved. But the up side is this leaves the door open for him to come back and once people seem to like him that’s a good thing.

9. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Barricade's death was cut from the final film.
    Before Prime kills Bonecrusher, he gets attacked by Barricade on the highway.
    They fight each other as they near the city.
    Prime kills him by swinging a wrecking ball into him.
    That is also why Prime arrived so late to the final battle.

Barricade's death was cut for the final film so that his character could live.
    He is basically BumbleBee's arch-enemy.

I hope they put the cut footage on the DVD.

10. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really? Where is this statement?? I think it would be cool for him and the other servivers to try to get Megatron back....again.

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    If I had the link I'd post it, but I tend to not keep them handy. I'll see if I can find it though.

12. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Awesome, thanks for that tidbit. Well, on a side note, I do hope that when the Cons' recoup in a sequel, I can imagine that Starscream will recruit his own bridgade a la the classic G1 episode. It's not a guarantee, but hey I can dream:D 

13. netkid

News Credits:
    Does anyone think Starscream led the airstrike on Megatron in the final moments of the film? I remember him taking out YF-22 Raptors and then transforming into formation leading the strike on Megatron.

Any truth to this?

It would greatly benefit the story and Starscream's character.

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I like to think the Raptor that was shooting Megs at the end was Screamer. Afterall, didn't the one military guy say that the F22's wouldn't fly that low?

15. netkid

News Credits:
    Yeah. I'm going to see the film again tomorrow night. I'll definitely check for this when it shows up again.

16. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Yeah. It was near the beginning of the battle, but yes it was mentioned.

And it is definitely something that I will be looking for the next time I see it.

Also, Barricade's remains were not on the aircraft carrier at the end. I think you may have seen parts of Blackout instead and mistook them for Barricade.

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I looked really really hard after hearing Barricade's door was on the carrier but just didn't see it. After two times not seeing it I'm really skeptical of that, it's obvious he just kind of disappeared.

I do hope he makes it to the sequel - I did quite like him

As for the SS killing Megs theory - why would they have made it subtle like that, to make room to explore it in a sequel, or what?

Is it just me or would some flashback of that whole scene revealing it to be SS in the sequel be kind of cheesy, with a last minute retcon feel to it. GUESS WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED NOW THAT WE HAD 3 YEARS TO CHANGE OUR MINDS HAHAHAHA

That sort of thing, it'd feel that way possibly you know

18. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    I have to check it out again because when black out jumps and transforms in the left corner in a blurr a black robot gets shot and he looked too short to beiron hide. Thats why I'm thinking it was barricade. For that matter what happened with the dew machine, xbox and evil steering wheel. Why is it that the cube only made evil robots? Maybe it was a lost weapon that would turn a enemy planets technology against the owners.....

19. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    so i think that the all spark only shut down Megatron for a little bit. The all spark has the gift to give life so why would it not regenerate megatron. Megatron will be back i believe so will Barricade which turned out to be one of my fav. Scorp, Frenzy, and SS. The sequel is going to be good! Seeing it for the 3rd time friday!!!

20. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I'm not sure, because it happend so damn fast.... but during the scene mentioned in the first post is when I think Baricade bought it. As Sam is running, with Ironhide bringing up the rear... with Blackout standing infront of them..... Ironhide says "watch out" .... then grabs a car that is in the way... he picks up the car and throws it.... and it apears to me that this car was baricade waiting to ambush them.... because when it lands it looks like it transforms and then falls apart.