Barricade (Saleen)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by CamaroSS, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    I don't know why one would need to do so, but has anybody done this yet?

2. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Oh man, the guy that recreated Barricade would be toast if he lived in may area, as they have the exact paint profiles. When they showed it on the news, they even said that it was a big no-no and that local law enforcement wouldn't be lenient.

3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I believe that is wrong. My little brother is a mechanic for Saleen in Irvine CA. He told me all the specs but this was back in July when I went to visit. I sent him a message asking the specifics but won't be able to get it posted until monday probably.

4. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    In regard to the guy in NM with the lookalike, I think he's safe. He doesn't have the lights, or strobes of any kind, on his car. It says Transformers all over the thing, and unless he's actively trying to pull someone over, I think they'd have a helluva time getting any charges to stick. I think it's cool he'd go that far for his kid. Me, personally, I wouldn't want the extra attention. Hell, I took my 20"s off for that reason.

5. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I need a new car and am planning on getting a black Mustang GT. Only thing I want to put on the car is the "to punish & enslave" & the shield stickers.

There's no way I'd paint my doors white or put "police" in huge letters on the doors, just for fear of getting in trouble w/ the law.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Let's face it, he has to be a transfan himself. Nobody who isn't one would paint a $25,000 car up like that just for their kid. He just said that so he wouldn't sound so much like a freak for it.

7. trueblueeyes

trueblueeyes Is this thing on?

Err...What in the world are you talking about?!? Saleen attached to GM and SLP? Wow...No. Saleen has never worked with SLP but has been closely involved with Ford for many years. As a matter of fact, the Ford GT was assembled at Saleen's Troy, Michigan facility. For whatever reason, GM could or would not let the production company use the new Camaro concept for filming (often the early show mule concept cars aren't even drivable). So turning a pair of GTO's into the Bumblemaros was Saleen's first professionial involvement with General Motors in years. And now Saleen has said that in addition to produing their S7 supercars and modified Mustangs, they *will* offer their own version of the next-gen Camaro.

And like others have stated, Saleen Mustangs are NOT technically Fords since Saleen is recognized as a small car manufacturer. And not just a tuner (like ironically SLP-a completely different company- is).
    And Barricade is not just a regular S281, but instead an S281E ("Extreme")..check out the rear diffuser with twin center tailpipes for the easiest way to recognize the differences. And although the three "Barricades" Saleen provided for filming wear all of the S281E's exterior and interior enhancements including 20 inch wheels, the engines were still stock Ford 4.6 3 Valves.

Melissa

8. trueblueeyes

Nope, it isn't wrong. :)  Although all three cars had all of the exterior S281E body panels, wheels, and even the Saleen specific interiors, the engines were left just as stock as they were when originally delivered to Saleen. So unfortunately, no twin-screwed 500 horsepower power plants for the stunt drivers to have fun with.

Now I am not sure about the Barricade replica at the Saleen Store in Irvine, and I would be curious if your brother has any info on it. I have heard that it is in fact a true S281E in all aspects. But that car was never used for filming and isn't even an exact copy of the cars from the movie. Does your brother have any pics from work? If so, I'd love to see them. I'm a big Saleen fan and I can't believe Steve is leaving the company he founded. From selling cars with only cosmetic enhancements to producing their own supercar...the company has come a long way. And it just won't be the same without Steve and Liz around.

9. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Saleen has also been doing some work with Chrysler as well helping out on the Viper. Steve Saleen resigning back in May was a shocker. I'm happy with my little piece of Saleen I own. Mine's the forgotten and little known Saleen. The XP8.

I hope Barricade returns like he was in this movie. It would be nice to maybe get a voyager sized toy of him. Or maybe make him an S7 as an upgrade.

10. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    He said he wasn't allowed to do pics. He says the replica at the Saleen store as well as the ones at the premiers were built to the same specs. He may have built the one in Irvine but regardless this is what he told me regarding the engines in the Barricade Mustangs.

11. redline928

redline928 06/26/09

Saleen attached to GM and SLP? Whoa girl, I didnt say that. SLP will have dibs AS WELL as saleen. Ford has Saleen, roush, and all the other conversion companies. Gm generally works with SLP, read again BOTH being mustang and Camaro, not both being SLP and Saleen.

12. trueblueeyes

:)  D'oh...Sorry I misunderstood! I wonder what the price tag on the Saleen Camaro will be? *shudder* If the GT500 is any indication, the regular Camaro will be expensive enough with dealer mark ups. I don't even want to think about what the Saleen will cost.

13. trueblueeyes

Er, not according to Saleen themselves:http://saleen.com/transformers.htm. Straight from the "horse's mouth" so to speak:

Now again, I am not sure about the car on display at the Saleen store itself. We were told by a Saleen rep at a show that it was a real extreme in every sense of the word...supercharged powerplant included. But I'm not sure how reliable his info on that was. And that particular car was never used for filming.

As a Saleen fan, I'd really love to see Barricade back in the next movie updated as the upcoming Saleen S302E. (the S302 will use the same stroked Modular motors found in the Parnelli Jones llimited edition Saleens).

14. redline928

redline928 06/26/09

No prob!, The 6 cyl Camaro will be $23ish, then the SS will be the 420hp 6.2 will be $33ish....but the Z/28 with 520hp will be mid $40's before any mods are done! I am sure Saleen will generally work with the SS models. Like the Pontiac Solstice, we will probably be selling the first batch for over MSRP...so ouch!