Barricade/Prowl??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mattitude, Dec 8, 2006.

1. mattitude

mattitude New Member

There is a thread in news and Rumours, but I thought that this belongs here. But I noticed this about Barricade...He looks a lot like Prowl. From what has been floating around that there could be a traitor could Barricade become Prowl. Here's some evidence...
    [​IMG]
    Notice they both have the "V" looking horns on their heads. What does everyone think???

2. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I think that smile is something only a Decepticon could love. He looks so evil, that I feel it impossible for him to make the switch (back). Then again, we did have Dinobot in Beast Wars.....

3. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i would like to see Prowl turn evil...

4. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

He does have a second pair of eyes, perhaps a second head is part of his head?

5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I think the idea is awesome. I'm always a fan of having a counteragent in the midst of enemy territory in movies, ecspecially when you don't know it until that one dramatic moment.

Though, aside from the noted 'similarities' I haven't heard of any spoilers or inside talk of Prowl being associated with the movie at all.

Sigh... this movie can't get out soon enough

6. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

SPOLIERS!

In the leaked script Barricade just sort of drops off the face of the earth after a fight with Prime.

END SPOLIERS!

So maybe he could defect to the Autobots in a squeal after being cut off from the Decepticons and having time to reconsider his position. Knowing full well what the 'Cons like to due to traitors; he has his name and appearance changed in case he's ever captured.

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I dont think he is gonna be changing sides.

8. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

SPOILERS

Doesn't mesh well with the leaked script, in which all the robots except Bumblebee, Prime and Megs aren't given much characterization. That and the fact Barricade's role is that of a T-1000-like character, i.e. a relentess chaser looking like he's with the police. He's the one which they use to hunt spike, and thus Bumblebee's direct opponent for much of the movie. It wouldn't make much sense to have him go from launching missiles at bumblebee and trying to kill spike to being an autobot.

9. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

It seems like a cool idea, but it may only be a rumor. Yes, there are things to support the possibility, and it would be interesting to see, especially if 'Prowl' changes heads. And the leaked script maybe not be the actual one.

10. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

Interesting !!

11. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Considering all we've seen, I'm willing to say with certainty that EVERYTHING we've seen supports that the leaked script was at least the basis (though, no doubt revisions were made). Of course, they could have added to it.

As said, Barricade basically drops off the film after his confrontation with BB, so it is something that could be worked in, but I wouldn't get excited until we see something more than fan theories on the subject

12. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Some other tidbits that might support a "Prowl undercover agent" theory:
    -Early casting bits reveal Prowl will be an early (if not important) character in the new TF:Heroes series, and the new film would be good chance to push the character (much as it will probably push Bumblebee into Hot Shot's role)
    -In the film, Barricade is the only Con to pick a mode that isn't explicitly for undercover work or combat. A cop car would avoid a LOT of confrontation with the "natives" and allow him to search with a minimum of interference.
    -In the recent comic series "Infiltration", Prowl is portrayed without much compassion for humans in favor of his duty. This could easily be why he is so rough with Sam.

Again, it raises some interesting possibilities with the film, but a wait and see is necessary

13. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

There's a contradiction there. An undercover agent's purpose is precisely to avoid direct confrontation and be able to do what you want without interference - which is precisely Brawl's role. During most of the movie he's the one that goes unnoticed by human while searching for spike, contrary to his military brethren who adopt a "let's blow american bases up" approach.

14. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I see what you mean. I don't agree.

Prowl's are more of a

\__/ shape

Barricade's are more

/....\

15. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I've had this theory poking around in my head ever since we first knew there was a Decepticon cop car, and it was still known as Brawl. I mean, there's really no physical evidence to prove things one way or another, aside from the minor resemblance to the head crest and the alt mode choice, but it would still be interesting idea.

If Barricade was a defector, I would guess that it'd be an unwilling change from Prowl to Barricade, so perhaps his defeat/disappearance would allow Prowl to come back to his senses and reappear in a sequel. But that's just me, and if anything even remotely like that was in the movie, it would definitely make this movie a lot more complex and interesting than I thought before.

16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Working with the Barricade disappears from the early script. I could see a defection working out as Barricade is chasing Bumblebee and Spike and corners them, BB tries to fight him off but is no mach. Barricade pinning BB down explains he’s really an Autobot, passes on some needed info about what the Cons are up to and takes off.

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    well, you'd think if barricade was an undercover agent, itd be jazz rather than prowl.

:horse: 

18. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Well-Known Member

If Barricade does turn out to be Prowl, and they use some sort of rubsign gimmick to reveal his change from Decepticon to Autobot, I"m gonna have a geekgasm on the spot. SO don't sit in front of me in the theater.

19. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

Which is why I said it he could join the Autobots in a sequel after being cut off from the Decpeticons. You are right in that it wouldn't make much sense for him to just decide, "Yeah, I'm gonna switch sides now." But if he was isolated long enough and forced to live amongst humans for a while he might reconsider his commitment to the Decepticons.

And don't forget that Prowl was always a very rationalist, by-the-book kind of character, so giving him a bit of a cold, compassionless streak might not be that much a stretch.

20. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    90% of Transformers have the same heads