Heavy/Scratch: Barricade/Mixmaster Redone ROTF style

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Jbarb78, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Jbarb78

Jbarb78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    After many requests, here"s a quick little how-to on my Mixmaster. To start, Barricade needs to lose the front cab section, with the bracket that attaches it to his back. After that was gone, I removed both wheels left on the lower torso, and dremeled a small notch just above the swiveling waist/launcher base. The ROTF Mixmaster rear wheels, with the hinge setup get mounted in the notch, preferably where the back of the wheel wells sit tight to Barricade's body, while allowing them to rotate upward and hinge out as shown. I used a couple of small ball joints drilled into the backside of this wheel assembly, positioned in the holes that are on Barricade's shoulder to keep them in place in alt mode. Pretty simple so far, cut off the hopper and chute for the backend, and find a creative way to mount them to the upright arms. You can use magnets, I used the Lego technic connectors drilled into his hands, since they were already there to connect to Devastator.

The modular drum, once hollowed out and glued together in halves, attaches to his back using what I believe was one of Mixmaster's legs. I included a close-up where it connects to Barricade's back, it fits nicely near his head. The great part about this method is that it allows up and down movement, as well as 360 degree rotation of the drum. I thought about mounting a spring loaded cannon inside of it, maybe one of you guys can try it.

The cab of Mixmaster was the toughest part, since you have to split it in half. I recommend several slow and careful passes with a sharp knife to split the cab, tape a line down the center, and you'll get a straight clean edge. I dremelled everything on the inside of the cab, after gluing the windows in, so it was basically a shell. This mounts to the back of Barricades legs after shaving roughly a quarter inch off the outsides. The bumper after you split it will mount to his feet. Before gluing the cab on, fold Barricade's legs 90 degrees backward to make a foot, and locate the cab so that it sucks tight to Barricade's back and doesnt prevent the drum from rotating.

Lots of test fitting and trial n error, but the end result is pretty cool.

Attached Files:

2. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    thats awesome!

3. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    nice very nice.

4. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    cool morph

and tnx for sharing

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    That is awesome!

6. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    :thumbs2: 

7. wwoptimusprime

wwoptimusprime Till all are one

Any way you could show an underbelly view of the cab? It would help me figure out something if you can. thanks.

8. mobil1

mobil1 I bent my wookie.

Wow, thats fantastic. Great job and very creative.

Mind posting a pic of Mixmaster in "leg mode" alone? Not connected to the rest of Devs.

9. Jbarb78

Jbarb78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Here's a look inside the cab, all the screw mounts for the windshield and whatnot are all gone. Since the leg pivots up and back when it extends, you have to clear everything under the hood or it will bind up. In leg mode, you want the cab forward enough so that when you fold it back, its tight to Barricade's back. I also used the exhaust pipes folded downward in foot mode to help stabilize him, since the foot doesnt pivot like the rollerskate style does. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

on this day. you will.