Barricade: Expansion

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Meta777, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

My previous thread covered how one might handle the introduction of Breakaway, the Autobot F-35, into the Dark of the Moon film.

So, I figured, why not put one for our elusive friend Barricade? :D 

Unlike Breakaway, Barricade was actually in the film, appearing in time to kill poor chaps and get sniped. But what if we could add more to him?

Simply put, what other scenes would you have Barricade in for? How might you have handled him?

Me personally, I would have loved a scene where Barricade joins up with Megs in Washington, as Sentinel is doing his pillar stuff. Megatron, ever so forgiving, demands to know where Barricade dissapeared to before the Mission City battle, and the car gives us whatever excuse you see fit:

"Sorry, my lord. I went to see if Bonecrusher could have been salvaged."
    "Sorry, my lord. I tried to fight Optimus, but he knocked me out."
    "Sorry, my lord. I was attacked by ninjas. Crocodile ninjas."

So, how would you utilise the cop car?

Oh, and a Merry Christmas to you all :) 

2. frenzyXprime

frenzyXprime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would've loved to see him kill Bee.

3. JackHammer

JackHammer Me, no, I would never

I would have loved to see the crocodile ninjas

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I would have Barricade mention he was too busy gathering intel or something.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Megatron: "Where the hell have you been?"

Barricade: "At a rave party aboard Pope Benedict's luxury yacht, the Sexy Sadie, currently wintering in Dar es Salaam harbor with the Brazilian soccer team and the Balinese goddess of plenty."

Megatron: "Really?"

Barricade: "No, not really."

:p 

Here is the perfect opportunity to flex your sense of humor... and you come up with that? No offense, but sometimes I feel you really need to exercise your imagination a little more. :redface2: 

Oh, man - perfect excuse to give us Movie-verse versions of these guys:

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/d/db/Allicons.jpg

6. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

Crocodile ninjas. If we used that line, it could add character to Barricade as sarcastic robot.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Well, sorry... the OP said what other scenes would we have Barricade in for and how we might have handled him, so I assumed that we are free to say whatever we would have liked to have him be handled in DOTM... be it serious or funny.

8. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

Oh, some of these are funny. Wish I could think of something...

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    He spent all of ROTF trapped in one of its enormous plot holes.

10. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I would have liked to see him not get killed by pesky humans but kick them away into the sky. But as far as the other scenes go, I guess I would have liked him to have a more of a gunfight scene. Maybe before Optimus showed up to kill Shockwave.

11. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I would have had him take part in the DC attack. Be there next to Sentinel helping him put the pillars into place. Before walking past scattering humans to bow to megatron and stand guard at the Lincoln memorial's entrance.

Then when the bridge activates he looks at Megatron for acknowledgement to attack. Given such he'd sprint up to the forces coming out and waves them in his direction. Taking them into the street blowing shit up.

Also I'd have had starscream go with him and bail him out from some humans ganging up on him. Have screamer slam down in front of the humans, sending them back as he blows up the dome of the capital building from the street. Cackling maniacally at his destruction.

I would have also had SW kill Que and Barricade try to kill bee. Switching SW around with Barry so that the humans could kill SW instead of Barry.

aaaaaaaaand I would have planned Barricade's return much earlier on so that we could have worked out a provision in Jess' contract for Jess Harnell to reprise his role.

12. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

All these great ideas are awesome! Keep up the good work :D 

13. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I'd show a scene during the Chicago invasion of Barricade, Shockwave, Starscream, Laserbeak, and Soundwave leading the ground forces and killing humans. Barricade couldve been that Decepticon who was deliberately hiding and transformed to robot mode when the humans were fleeing around him.

Of course, I woulda had Barricade speak English when he's beating up the protoforms later on. "Way to go, you dumbasses! You got Soundwave killed! And even better, the Autobots are running amuck! I'll kick your ass back to the smelting pools for this!"

Maybe have him cameo in the Africa scene.

Megatron: "Where the shit have you been?"
    Barricade: "I've been busy covering my ass while you dumbasses are thrown around by Bumble-God and Unstoppable-Prime. Seriously, no wonder you dumbasses all die at the end."
    Megatron: "...Damn. Not subtle at all, are we?"
    Barricade: "I'm just saying, hordes of us get our asses kicked every movie. You'd think that you learn something by now as our leader."
    Megatron: "Sigh. Sometimes I really think about firing you."

14. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Soundwave: oh hey barricade, where you were all this time?
    Barricade: a plot hole sucked me and got stuck in the world of comiic books
    Soundwave: ..........really. where you was!
    Barricade: -_-.......... in a date with the loch ness monster
    Soundwave: that sounds realistic

15. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Barricade: YOU ASSHOLES! I HAVE BEEN STUCK IN A WALL FOR 4 YEARS! MY ENGINE HAS FLOODED! MY TIRES ARE PUNCTURED! I HAVEN'T SHAVED! MY WIFE HAS LEFT ME! But I can let that go because our moment of victory is here *Points to Soundwave* Who are you?

Megatron: Sideways you're back!

Barricade: FML

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Was investigated by internal affairs, had to lay low until the heat died down.

17. Barrett Sturge

Barrett Sturge Well-Known Member

"Sorry Megatron, I was trying to not bei in this movie as well t survive, however, a group of humans known as 'fanboys' overwhelmed me and sent me back."

18. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I would of reveled that Barricade was really Prowl posing as a Decepticon and reporting back to the Autobots.

We never really got a good look at his fight with Bumblebee and seemed to only be aggressive because Frenzy was with him. Like the Decepticons assigned Frenzy as his partner to keep an eye on him. Barricade only really takes off after Frenzy gets killed, for all we know the Decepticons have it set so Barricade is automatically targeted as a traitor if Frenzy reports anything suspicious or gets killed. That could of been an oh crap I gotta get out of here till I can come up with an excuse to infiltrate the Decepticons again without getting killed and also so he can report everything he knows to Optimus Prime later on without the Decepticons knowing.

Of course they failed at a really great story telling opportunity when they had him just reappear out of thin air. So maybe he wasn't an Autobot in disguise, so he just left to grieve the death of Frenzy.

19. supernova222

supernova222 Circle of Light

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would have had him appear in ROTF in the foundry with megatron and starscream then flees when Bee kicks him through a wall

in DOTM, i would have had him spying on the nest base then reporting it to soundwave. i would have also liked to see him at the detroit invasion and transform and attack humans that ran towards him for help. he would then only be damaged by the bomb on his leg then when the autobots come charging, he would battle BEE then die.

and of course have him talk in his own voice in DOTM, i mean come on