Barricade and Sideways

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lazerwave, May 21, 2009.

?

What do you think about Barricade and Sideways?

1. Barricade is Sideways

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. They are separate Decepticons that look alike

45 vote(s)
    81.8%
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    What do you think?

Barricade is Sideways

or

They are two separate Decepticons that just look alike.

2. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    Even though they have the same looking feet, head and hands dosen't mean their the same may point Skywarp and Starscream look alot alike but are differnt bots.

3. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Before, I thought he could be Barricade. Then they said he was Sideways. So I as far as I know, he's Sideways.

Though the whole Blackout/Grindor thing did cross my mind recently....And Sideways does look an awful lot like Barricade...And the Arcee sisters are not actually sisters, but one hive mind all named arcee, but the toys have names. And Megatron isn't in the movie, but then he was but he's not.....My mind just made a funny noise....I think I'm going to go lay down...

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They are completely separate characters. Yeah, they both have chests from the hood of their alt-modes, and they both have wheels in their hands, but that's pretty much the only similarity between the two bots. They could be relatives, but they are definitely not the same bot reformatted.

5. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

You're missing the obvious option: that Sideways was originally intended to be Barricade, and it got changed somewhere down the line. Hence the incredibly similar design, and basic role in the film that suits Barricade perfectly (killing him at the beginning to tie off a loose end).

6. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

That's a good theory. I could actually see this being the case.

7. tehCal

I'm surprised nobody has asked Orci yet. I'm willing to bet it's the case.

Hasbro probably realised that nobody but Transfans will remember that the Barricade is still out there. Besides, they probably feel that it wouldn't make much sense to the general audience. How many of them would make the link to reformatting OR recognise the name Barricade if it's mentioned?

That, and/or Hasbro just wants to milk the idea of including another new character.

Of course, I think they should've ignored it all and kept him Barricade, but it's a marketing decision, I suppose.

8. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did ask Orci that, but he didn't want to comment. Someone should ask once the film is out.

9. tehCal

Well, to be honest if I were Orci and I had written a death scene for a bad guy then had it randomly left out of the finished film, I'd be a bit annoyed.

But then, if I wrote a nice, neat opener for the sequel, where said bad guy is found again and taken out by the good guys, but then the character was changed on the decision of a bunch of toy company execs? Yeah, I'd be a lot more annoyed. And probably wouldn't want to talk about it.

Not to mention the whole "secrecy" thing they've got going.

10. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

when I first saw Sideways ithought for sure it was Barricade two point oh.

now i'm pretty certain it's a new guy.

11. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

I think this pretty much hits the nail on the head. :/

12. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

They will probably never say his name in the movie and the audience decides for themselves. The toy has a bio that suggests that he is different though...

If they wouldn't bring Megatron back with the name Galvatron then I seriously doubt that they would have Barricade with a name that sounds 100% different. I am aware that Megatron was rebuilt by Unicron and renamed Galvatron but if they aren't going to introduce Unicron they could at least show a badder stronger Megs named Galvatron.

13. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I think he's a seperate character. Though I do hope Barricade will show up in ROTF. I remember pics from the set at the beginning of production and they had two Barricade Mustangs on a truck. Plus Barricade was in the Veiled Threat.

I hope Starscream gets in Barricade's face in this next one. "And just what exactly happened to YOU in Mission City coward?!"

14. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Damn :(  Barricade was one of my favorites... Well if he's not in the movie its ok because Sideways looks sick!

15. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Read Sideway's bio he is not Barricade!