"Barrel Roll" & "Pretzels Making Me Thirsty"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Soundwave2, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    What happaned to these lines? I thought they made it into the movie?:lol 

2. A SENTIENT BEIN

A SENTIENT BEIN New Member

Ironhide barrel rolled at the end.

3. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    Says 10 different ways.

"These pretzles are making me thirsty!"

What was it supposed to be a reference to? Seinfeld? That's what immediatly jumps to my mind.

4. christopher

christopher Well-Known Member

Yes. Essentially there was a case of fake democracy (when it was discovered the Demes were /b/tards) when the 'have a line spoken by Optimus Prime' competition was held (only for America however). The winner would have their line spoken in the movie, and the next ten would be downloadable from the movie website as spoken by Cullen.

'Do a Barrel Roll' led by multiple times the next most popular line. However when they discovered that 'Do a barrel roll' is an internet meme, they pulled it out, along with 'These pretzels' and anything else that sounded suspicious (essenitally half the top ten) and the end winners were lines such 'Freedom is the right of all sentient beings' and 'Megatron must be stopped at all costs' which were probably going to be in the film anyway, and broke the competitions own rules which stated 'Original line'.

Here's a screenshot saved on YTMND http://tfcdabr.ytmnd.com/

5. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Yeah, ytmnd.com users spammed the hell out of the vote. You can thank them for the screwed up contest.