Banzaitron: Loose Hips

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LCDR Blindside, Aug 25, 2012.

1. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I have HFTD Banzaitron, and I love him. But out of the box, he's had a problem where his forward and back hip ratchets are very loose. They feel like they barely engage when another click is turned. Banzaitron as a result has a lot of trouble standing up. All other joints are tight. Does anyone else have this problem?

(Also, I guess I'm lucky this is HFTD Banzaitron rather than BotCon Banzaitron—because as they say, loose hips sink ships!)

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tightening the area of contact, or tightening the swivel itself is something that must be done with an issue like this. I had a similar problem that after I transformed ROTF Bludgeon so many goddamn times, that when you compact the spine part and it clicks, the ratchet there got loose and he'd just extend again at ever little touch. So I cracked out my glue and I carefully tightened up the area with a few layers and now he's good as new, dozens of transformations later.

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Nope, mine's good and tight. Hope you can fix it, the figure is quite awesome (I like the deco better than Bludgeon's, even)

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My knees are wobbly (mostly by design), but I haven't noticed anything in regards to the hips or anything else. Granted, mine's never been transformed & has spent close to a year just sitting on a shelf, so if yours has gotten a lot of play, who knows. If you also have Bludgeon or something, you could away try swapping some internal parts, or you could always try opening your guy up & moving the ratchet piece around to a different position. I did that with my BW Depth Charge & it helped a little (or at least I think that's what I did), and the idea here is to take advantage of the side that hasn't gotten warn down.