Banjo-Kazooie RETURN!!!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Eric, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
  2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome video! Microsoft is coming on hot and heavy.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Aaaand I couldn't care less.

BK was antiquated by the time it was released originally, and Rare aren't exactly churning out AAA stuff any more. PDZ was awful. Kameo abysmal. I miss their NES days when they were making excellent, innovative titles. They put out a lot of dross too, but back then it was somewhat more forgivable.

4. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I still think Killer Instinct 3 would be a good idea...

I loved the first two...

5. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

You'd think with how poorly Kameo did, Rare would just stop making games. A game that took them years to make flopped completely (it was supposed to be a launch GC game).

6. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Personally? I loved the B-K games... they were fun, fluffy, comedic and well made. Sure they were "collection" games, but they were good just the same.

Unfortunately.... I don't, nor will I ever, own an X-box 360 and thusly will never play this game.

But damn, did they look good on that video. Banjo's nose was a little off, but the FUR... the FUR!!!!

7. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

If they do to this what they did to Pefect Dark, its time to lower your expectations. Sadly, Rare is nothing that they used to be.

8. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

The BK games, the first especially, were hardly antiquated when they came out, considering the 3D platformer wasn't really invented until a year or so before. It kicked the crap out of pretty much every other 3D platformer out there save Mario 64 (which remains the pinnacle of the genre according to most). And the board game at the end was just brilliant.

BK2 was a letdown, largely because Nintendo scrapped the 64DD and the plan to connect the games forgotten, but it was still funner than most of the competition.

9. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

YAY!!!! I completed the first game for the N64 getting everything in it. Was a great fun game.

10. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

11. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

I really liked the first one, though similar to Mario 64 I still think on it's own it's a great and fun platformer. BK2 however I think got bogged down with far too much junk to collect (making it more like DK64, which wasn't nearly as good as BK1).

It's kinda nice to see Rare give 3 a shot, I'm sure it'll look wonderful (even though newer, squarer Banjo looks a bit odd to me) and the music/sound fx in the video brought back some fond platforming memories, but not enough to get me to want to buy it or anything.