Bangkok

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TwoKingMick, Feb 4, 2007.

1. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Hey everyone, I'm in Bangkok at the moment and fancy going on a bit of a TF hunt. Anybody been here before and found anything good? I walked down to chinatown today, lots and lots of the cheap hong kong style ko's on card backs, but i'd prefare something a little more authentic. Has anybody found the high quality G1 ko's, or any of the mini ko's here?

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For toys, Thailand is not "famous" for TFs or mecha...they're more into Ultraman.

3. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

I've noticed that myself. In general, most of south east asia's toy market seems to be made up of Chinese knockoffs. In fact, there's an entire knockoff toys'r'us in cambodia. That was pretty funny. I really should have set up a toy hunting travelogue before i set off on this trip. Hopefully singapore and hong kong turn out to be better.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    philipines, malaysia and singapore have established TF/SW market, generally western stuff.

the rest of SEA, not so.

oh yeah, and then you have HK. XD

i keep disassociating HK with the rest of SEA, i dont know why :) 

5. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Possibly because it's part of China? And not actually in south east asia.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i thought so. somebody was correcting me on that fact and i was like, whatever.

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Has one night there made you humble?

8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    What do you mean? By the way, HK is not part of South East Asia (SEA). With regards to TFs and mecha toys such as SOC, you would have a better chance in HK, Singapore and Malaysia but of course you must know where to go.

Most of the countries in SEA are infamous for KO toys because of the low level of income and the quality of life isn't so good. Sad to say, toy collecting is a rather expensive hobby.

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble.

10. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

walk sideways in an airport, because they might..

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey guys I know it's easy to poke through the obvious joke but please, this is a serious topic so let's keep it on topic. Thanks

12. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Dude, you are in Bangkok, forget about the toys and find some real fun in the city. ;) 

I was in Bangkok with my wife last year and if not for the fact that I was already married there were some mighty tempting shows that I wanted to see. :D 

Back on topic... while I was in the malls I visited the toy section and nothing but Gundam and some japan import.. very expensive too btw...but I don't remember seeing any Cybertron stuff and if there was some they would be overpriced as well.

13. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Huh? I don't get the joke...and yeah, that part of Thailand is infamous for its er, adult attractions.

Anyway, back to topic...TF toy fans will be hard pressed to find any deals there because as mentioned earlier, the toy industry over there focuses on Ultraman, Kamen Riders (Masked Rider), Sentai and whatever toku shows.

I would recommend Singapore or HK to get your mecha fix...Malaysia or the state of KL is ok but the prices can be er, pretty expensive compared to the above mentioned countries and the getting around town is not easy...

When you come to Singapore, take a cab (probably the cheapest in the world) to China Square Central...go to the 2nd floor and the back of the first floor to get whatever mecha/Chogokin fix you need.

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He got the joke..

One night In Bankok (makes a hard man humble) is an old 80s song by Murray Head.

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Guys, Spam=Fuzzy World, let's keep it that way MmmmK.

16. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Dirty minded people.

I'm here with my loving long term girlfriend, so i have no need or desire to partake of the adult attractions of bangkok. And if you take your minds out of the gutters you'll realise that when you are in shopppers paradise with a woman you do need to find something to do in the various shopping malls and markets.

In related news i found a Toy'r'us today. Quite well stocked in general, but only a few transformers from the tail end of cybertron. Optimus, metroplex, swindle and armourhide plus one blue crane guy who's name escapes me. Hell of a lot of very cheap road bots though.

Ligerprime, thanks for the advice. I'm really looking forward to singapore. I might not get much tf shopping done thought, i'll be there over valentines day.

17. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Unless it was from Energon, Mudflap.

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Take it easy, dude. The comments made here are tongue-in-cheek or jokes. Like I mentioned earlier...TFs are not that popular in Thailand.

19. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

My comments were tongue in cheek too. I'm sorry if it didn't come across that way.