Bandai's EVA-01 HG kits - help needed! :D

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LigerPrime, Dec 3, 2007.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys, I'm interested in the Bandai;s HG 1/100 EVA kits do I'm wondering how good are they? Do they come molded in colour like the Gundam MG kits? Below is a sample:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN56322

2. Bumblebee78

Bumblebee78 Well-Known Member

I have bought a few and they are quite nice. I would grade them about the same as high end HG Gundam kits. They have a lot of accurately colored pieces but you have to paint some of them for an anime correct look.

3. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    They are molded in color, and are extremely bendy. There are foil stickers to color those parts which aren't the right color, or you can paint them for a nicer finish. Overall, the kits look quite nice and the finished model is pretty big. Arm articulation can be kind of limited due to a rather fancy rubber sleeve that is molded around the elbow to give it a seamless instead of hinged look.

If you want a fairly nice looking and flexible set of Evas but want something bigger than the SOC and Revoltech offerings, they're certainly a nice option.

EDIT: Oh, and make sure you pick up the LM-HG kits ... NOT the LM kits. Those are much smaller, molded in one color, and have an extremely limited range of motion.

4. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I built the extra finish kit, pretty nice overall except the poseability. No elbow joints at all. Also, the weight distribution on it kinda sucks. I keep it in a kneeling position with the rifle in hand, there's no way to keep it free standing without it falling over.

5. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Thanks for replies, guys! Where can I find picture galleries for the kits? I'm interested in the HG kit that I posted in the link, anyone have him? I find the swords cool! :D 

6. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I had a KO of that(and the seller said that it was complete, but it was missing some important runners, add a negative feedback to his list) and I had the BanDai of the 01 w/o frame. They're nice, I guess, but the elbow joints are crap. I snapped the ones on mine(both kits), so now I have armless Evas. Also, they feel very hollow and light, and the horn on 01 could break. The area that needs the most paint is the umbilical cable and the socket for the cable, they're a greyish blue in the anime, but they're black plastic.

There are 4 swords in all, one long, one short, one long in sheath, and one short in sheath. They're molded in grey.

7. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Didn't they make new kits for Rebuild of Eva?

8. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    The kits released for rebuild are the same ones as LM-HG Eva 01 and 00, only cast in different colours and with new weapons.

I have three of the LM-HG kits, none of them are really good. Very nice leg articulation, decent body frame but sucky hands. The elbows only bend around 45 degrees-any more and they'll snap inside the rubber encased arm, effectively making them unrepairable.

Weapons are cool and all, but with only three points of articulation in the arms, they're not that impressive.

In my opinion, the ultimate Eva figure is the newest SOC Spec. It's just as tall as the kits, just as well armed, EXTREMELY poseable and has die-cast. It combines revoltech articulation, model kit detail and makes just about the best EVA.

9. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

The new Rebuild kits have a few differences, like the black knee guards not being able to move, the thighs look a bit different, etc. The shoulder fin on 01 also opens for the prog knife, unlike the original which was just closed. Like Knightdramon said, new weapons, but the biggest is that 01 has an AT-Field accessory

10. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Man - the vibe I'm getting from you guys isn't that good! Looks like I will be passing up on them, then.

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least, up until the Movie Realization version comes out. The thing looks killer, and it actually has removable Type F armor.

12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Good grief! What is that?! A model kit or another of Bandai's SOC beauties?!?!

13. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    It's a relative of Bandai's Super Imaginative Chogokin line, much like the Lords of Byston Well figures. It's from the "Movie Realization" line, which currently includes some Spider Man figures and I think a couple of Kamen riders. No die-cast, but clear parts and lots of sculpted and painted detail.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN949502

This particular eva is awfully tempting, as it looks drastically different than any of the other offerings... Even owning so many other Eva figures, this one appeals just because its so different.

14. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I see, I see...its just like the movie realization "Devilman" from a few years back...the removable armor makes this EVA so...tempting! By the way, check your inbox dude for my thoughts on my latest Lords of Byston purchase! XD