Bandai METAL BUILD Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MechaFanboy, Jul 14, 2017.

1. PAce

PAce Member

Could be that they're buying / availing the extra stocks from YAJ sellers which right now are above 50k Yen (usually around 55k). At this point it would be better to just buy the already available original MB Strike Freedom which also at the same price range or lower if used. Or wait if it Bandai will do a general release just like with other Tamashii Nation event products. As for EVA01, seems that YAJ sellers are around 30k yen so again, it could be that they're sourcing additional stocks from YAJ.

Could be that they're trying to profit or could also be that they reached their limit and they're sourcing extra stocks from YAJ sellers or the likes which are currently around 30k yen.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I'm all for NY when I can get my preorders in there but yeah, marking something up after saying you are out of stock and cancelling my order at the lower price is an ass move. Mykombini did that with my VF-31A order too. If it's because they secured more stock later at a higher cost, that makes sense. Anyways, NBD in the whole scheme of things because I just consider preorder madness and website crashing the modern day toy hunt...You win some, you lose some.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bluevalkyrie

bluevalkyrie timey wimey elevator oscillator

Ouch. That reminds me of the Metal Composite Gundam Wing. The US p.bandai site wanted $240 for it before the site went down for maintenance. I think N-Y had a comparable price at first, and then they marked it up to 39000JPY. Now it's sitting at 49000JPY.

Well, they are a business. On the one hand, I do expect them to make some profit off the sale of rare/popular goods. It's the same-day/next-day shenanigans that are blatant and that can get ugly. If N-Y wants to profit off a rare item that is hard to find, that is their business. I'll look for a better deal, since that is my business. Like @Slave IV notes, it's crummy territory when a store has no qualms cancelling pre-orders and then posting the same item with a high markup a short time later. That's just one example.

The up side is that I was able to get a pre-order elsewhere, but bad customer service can be a drag on the hobby when it becomes constant.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Steph

Steph Banned

Ebay:
    Just a heads up to any one in this thread. I have a poison toys hurricane ( buster gundsm) in the 1/72 scale for sale. Has been displayed only I'm a smoke free home. 180 plus shipping

5. PAce

PAce Member

MB Eva currently available at MyKombini for 24990 (with preorder later option): february-2019/12458-metal-build-evangelion-eva-01-test-type-bandai-spirits-4573102550408 (can't still post full URL link)

• Like Like x 1
  6. decops

decops Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. bluevalkyrie

bluevalkyrie timey wimey elevator oscillator

Sold out. I didn't even get to see a pre-order button on either site. o_O  I continue to be impressed by the popularity of this figure, and Metal Build in general. It's mind boggling in a way. I haven't experienced this kind of pre-order madness for anything else before.

If this isn't a one and done thing, and Bandai intends to make a complete Metal Build Evangelion line like they did with Full Metal Panic, then I might be in trouble once future announcements materialize.

8. PAce

PAce Member

Eva is one of the more popular anime in the West so it's not that surprising. Not to mention the limited availability to those outside JP or PBandai market. And Metal Build is mostly about popular mechs such as Gundam thus the craziness during PO.

9. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Anybody in the UK, or who doesn't mind importing from the UK, this Eva is up for PO at Kapow. Was not a fan of the redesign but went for it at that price, and so locally.

10. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a general release, I'm sure more will be available at launch, although not at pre-order pricing.. MB Qan(T) was griped by pre-order madness, and it was widely available during its' release date. Here's a pic I took 2 months back at a tamashii nations event at compass point (SG).

[​IMG]

Sometimes, I wonder if this perceived MB shortage is a result of consumer hype, geuniue lack of supply or just poor distribution.

• Like Like x 2
  11. decops

decops Well-Known Member

At the time of this post It's actually back up at bbts.
    And it's gone

12. PAce

PAce Member

MB EVA01 available at USA Gundam Store for $239

13. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

You mean the Kapow Toys that no longer ships to the US?

14. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Ah, had not noticed that. There's still 28+ other countries within the EU they ship to, so worth the head's up.

15. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Settled for $260 picked up from a local seller. Not happy

16. TJDetweiler13

TJDetweiler13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Target locked on Twin Buster Rifle with Drei Zwerg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wing Zero is still going to a top gundam figure for me for quite some time. A lot of love and care went into it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm really happy I was able to snag one off of eBay. Flash sale helped a bit with the otherwise inflated P-Bandai + middleman mark-up.

The dumb Zwerg equipment is staying in the box. It's a great rendition of the Wing Zero Custom otherwise, though.

19. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a new kid on the block, and he goes by the name, Sculpt Lab. Sculpt Lab is releasing a diecast SRW Huckebein-inspired mech.

Credits to 谢双超

And there's an add-on pack that can be purchased separately. Some resellers are bundling the add-on with the core package.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2