Bandai METAL BUILD Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MechaFanboy, Jul 14, 2017.

1. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Functioning Addict TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Long overdue Thread. MBs are great Bandai releases. This looks nice but another 00 release so many in MB line. (assuming that's what this is...). Plus I did the removable armor years ago with Metal Material Gundams years ago not executed fantastically but this time might be better.

3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Man I regret passing on the Exia Repair. Bandai ever announce plans for more FMP mecha like the Arbalest?

4. MechaFanboy

News Credits:

Bandai did showcase a prototype of MB Arbalest late last year. No word on its' release date, though it's speculated to be released alongside the new season of FMP (which has been delayed).

[​IMG]

And Bandai did reveal an option flight set for Laevatein, though it's not yet known if it will ever see mass release.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Yasssssss I want that Arbalest! Also the mech Kurtz used. I remember the option set but forgot about it.

6. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure the arbalest will launch when the series launches (FINALLY) in Spring of 2018. But anyways lets discuss the new hotness that is the 00 Quanta. First of all, I see that Bandai has seen the 3rd competition and is now putting LEDs in a 00 suit. Furthermore, to go even further they included the full burst mode, which I figured they would go with since MB engineering has advanced a lot of since both 00 gundam and Exia. Sadly there's no full sword mode.....and that will most likely be a premium exclusive. On the plus side the partial burst mode is a nice addition that they didn't have to do, but I appreciate that they went the extra mile. Sculpt wise it looks aces. Hopefully there will be further improvements to articulation. The price is like $70 to $80 more than Exia and it feels like a cash grab along with strike freedom. But damn, I think Bandai knocked it out of the park.

7. Happynick

Happynick Well-Known Member

Could not agree more, they even toss in a effect part this time.
    IMG_1500.JPG

8. Happynick

9. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    I'm assuming these have lots of diecast?

10. MechaFanboy

News Credits:
    There's a fair amount of diecast, most of it located in strategic positions such as the joints and the internal frame. It's difficult to create sculpted details on metal surfaces, hence the outer "armor" are casted in plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sup3hobo

News Credits:
    At this high price point I'm glad they threw in some kind of effect part. The lack of effects parts with higher end figures irks me sometimes. Like how much more expensive can a little clear plastic be?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I noticed this line tends to focus on mecha that pose dynamic as hell in the anime. It basically is half Kanetake Ebikawa's line since most of it is from Gundam 00 and FMP.

Some dynamic Gundams I think would lend themselves well to this line are Build Burning Gundam, Shining Gundam, Gundam Spiegel, RX-178 and Zeta Gundam.

13. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    Speaking of MB trying to flesh out my collection. Just got Blue Astray shitty phone pic.

IMG_5622.JPG

14. Sup3hobo

News Credits:
    If Bandai makes some MB or GFFMC G gundam and 0083 suits then I'll be done with collecting gundams. Back to the current MB line, I remember the Nu gundam won the survey for the next design bandai should consider for the MB line. Can you all imagine how much a Nu gundam would cost? I can see it reaching into the 30k yen category. :cry 

• Like Like x 1
  15. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    I would love some Wing especially Tallgeese. Not II or III, Tallgeese.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Holy crap....with that huge Psycho frame and funnels....:bay  plus...can't have Nu without Sazabi! This line was already pushing it towards $200 for a thin suit like Exia and a smaller suit like F91...I love me some Counterattack but DAMN...
    I want I and III, there's incentive to make Tallgeese I since it can easily be retooled into a Leo.

I'd love to see Turn A and 08th MS Team in this line...also the RX78-2. Sure the latter is covered in GFFMC but articulation isn't the emphasis there whereas it definitely is in METAL BUILD. I want a METAL BUILD RX78-2 that can move just as good as the HGUC Revive kit.

17. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    I agree with all of that, exactly, exactly, exactly.....

I feel like MB is keeping to the "fancy-pants" designs so I won't hold breath for the 08th MS Team but I would Walmart Black Friday trample people for some MB 08th MS.....

18. paramedicprime

paramedicprime Well-Known Member

The lavatein Arx was my first metal build figure. I was in love with the line after that. I'm still in on the line but it's gotten considerably more expensive with each subsequent release . My exia repair and arx were 125 each. The reissue seven sword is 229. Lol. Bandai knows when they have a good thing and people will pay

• Like Like x 1
  19. Happynick

oh , Bandai knows that way too well. The Metal build pricing is definitely going up with every new release but if you want to get it cheaper you will need to be up on preorder night to get it with preorder/discount. The MB 7 Sword/g was under $200 shipped.

I can't wait for the 2018 MB Arbalest and the Booster option parts . not sure if they will release the XL-2 or the XL-3. maybe they can release one that can change from XL-2 to XL-3 :) 

• Like Like x 1
  20. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    That's cause you have excellent taste.

• Like Like x 1