Bandai Figure ID Help needed

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Darth Trader, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Woah, I didn't realize you're from SG too. Didn't realize that dialects was actually banned in schools per se, since I sometimes speak in Cantonese to my friends (those who understand it, anyway). I can understand Hokkien, Teochew too, but Cantonese is the only one that I can speak in.

Also, I usually rent/buy TVB serials, which come in dual sound (Cantonese and Mandarin), so yeah...

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I dont watch TVB serials :lol . I find them boring... I do watch their dubbed anime though so much voices used over and over again. Nevermind the censoring.

3. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    I kinda like how they dub/redo the opening songs for their broadcasted anime/tokusatsu shows. XD

4. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I like some too though they lose the meanings in the song and just go for the theme of the show like Justfaiz was turned into fighting for justice and that sorta thing. Though why did they have to cut up the show so the opening starts first and then the recap and then the show? Just show it the same way as the japanese had it damn it.

5. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    Yeah, showing the recap and then the actual episode is kinda annoying... Over here, they just leave the opening as it is and simply dub the episode itself.

6. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    So you guys can rent TVB anime?

7. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    Nope, just the serials and variety shows. TVB only has the broadcast rights for the animes within certain countries, iirc.

Toku like Ryukendo/Justiriser/Riders etc are all dubbed into English here, but they're usually years behind. Kabuto just started here, and that's considering that they skipped Hibiki and reran Ryuki/555/Blade before airing Kabuto.

8. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Toku is behind in Hong Kong as well. Kabuto's ending soon (38 was last week's episode) so Den-o's starting soon. We DID get Hibiki but after it was uploaded bit by bit via torrent nobody bothered to reup them into one torrent or on megaupload so I never watched it in TVB dub :lol . It must have been hated quite a bit because we can still easily find TVB Faiz and Blade online :lol . I wish TVB air more anime over here. We're already on our third run of Ultraman Dyna...

9. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    Speaking of Ultraman, it's kinda surprising that Ultraman isn't shown here nowadays...

Also, they're showing Kabuto twice a week (at 6.30 on both Sat and Sun), so I suppose it'll end pretty fast too. Currently they're at the ep with Gatack's first appearance. Can't wait to watch Den-O here, if only to see how they're gonna screw up the Imagin's voices..

10. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I wanna see who portrays the Imagins in the TVB version. Despite ranting about the reuse voices I still like to see whom is voiced by whom. Guard Star's (from Brave of the Sun Fighbird) voice actor is used at least 4 times over the course of the eight brave series (Guard Star, Maito, Drill Silver and Ryu).

11. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    Just curious, are the guys who do the dubbing TVB's actors/actresses, or are they just voice actors?

Over here, the toku dubs ALWAYS have a sissy/gay/highpitched sounding guy as one (or more) main characters.

12. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Not sure. I dont really recognise any dubbers as actors I've seen. But dubbing anime isnt the only thing those guys do. The VAs turn up in adverts and live action stuff VOs as well.

13. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    Interesting... Any idea whether TVB did any dubs of the older pre-90s Riders? Coz I recalled watching BLACK and BLACK rx on VHS back in the early 90s that were in cantonese.... Not too sure whether those were done by TVB as well.

14. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Nope. ATV did Black and Black RX so I'm assuming it was only recently (Ryuki and up) that TVB purchased the rights to dub the series. I had all of Black RX in cantonese recently but I cant find my 1-30 disc... Damn it.

15. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    Oh crap, didn't know ATV was the one that did them... I dread ATV. >_>

Kuuga was also done by ATV, right?

16. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Yeh I saw their Opening song. It wasnt pretty. They also did Ryukendo and are doing Tomica Heroes...

17. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    I think they really should just leave the openings alone. Why redo the songs when they're just gonna mess it up?

18. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Yup. Thats what I think. Just use the japanese ones damnit. From what I remember, the Cantonese RX I have was not ATv. It was from the recent release on VCD. Its terrible. Thy messed up the music badly. When the opening plays during the fighting it cuts in and out for no reason while playing the japanese dub its fine. Ugh.

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa! So your family is similar to mine - as in your dad's a Hakka and my mum's a Cantonese also! Woot!

Can you post pictures of your Wargreymon? Mine is sadly somewhere is my house...and I'm wondering if we're talking about the same Wargreymon? Mine is transformable into the little dino Agammon (spelling?)

Yes, during my time is primary school I recall my teachers forbidding us to speak in dialects. When I say "ban", I meant as in its no allowed - not so much as imposing a fine.

You don't see me much in the Singapore Sightings forums because my interests are quite varied, dude! LOL!

20. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Sure. Heres some pics (seeing as I have no pics of the american Imperialdramon mode changing figure or any of my digiwarriors, I decided to take pics of them as well).

Agumon (chromed) and Imperialdramon Dragon Mode
    [​IMG]

Wargreymon (chromed) and Imperialdramon Fighter Mode
    [​IMG]

Imperialdramon Fighter Mode and Imperialdramon Paladin Mode (Digiwarrior)
    [​IMG]

Wargreymon (chromed) and Digiwarrior Wargreymon
    [​IMG]

Digiwarrior Wargreymon, Imperialdramon Paladin Mode and Omnimon
    [​IMG]