Bandai Creation?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Smasher, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    So, I got home late from work and had a little Valentine's thing with my family.

The coolest thing ever happened.
    My son got me a Gigan from Godzilla: Final Wars!

I didn't even know these things were available in the States.
    The box shows the manufacturer as Bandai Creation. It shows four other Final Wars characters, the Big G, Anguiras and Rodan. I had already imported Rodan and Anguiras from BBTS a couple of years ago. But, it also shows the symbols for King Ghidorah, Mecha Godzilla, Mothra, and Space Godzilla.

I have seen some others at Toys R Us, but they come in orange packaging and stop at Burning Godzilla.
    Where did these things come from?
    Is Bandai making more?
    All I see on the web about them is this, mostly broken, link.

Anyone know?
    Flamepanther, are you listening?
    I imagine you would know about these

2. butz

butz slippery when wet

Those (the Final Wars figures) are actually the third wave of 6" vinyls from Bandai Creation (a subsidiary of Bandai).
    First wave was 1954 Godzilla, Rainbow Mothra, Burning Godzilla, and Gigan.
    Wave 2 was GMK Godzilla, GMK Ghidorah, Space Godzilla and MechaGodzilla '93
    There was a smaller GMK set, and a "Pack of Destruction" that had all kinds of tiny figures in it.
    They were originally supposed to be a KB (and possibly other select retailers) exclusive, but many of them ended up in TRU and even K-mart.

3. butz

butz slippery when wet

Some extra info, while I'm at it: while the molds greatly resemble those of Bandai's Japanese 6" vinyls (Godzilla Island/Toho Kaiju/ Movie Monsters/ whatever line) they are in fact completely new molds (and with much better paint apps; not sure about the Final Wars figures though, as I haven't picked them up yet to compare). There was supposed to be a Showa era Angilas, Destroyah, and Mecha-Ghidorah released in this line (I have pics of them somewhere) but they haven't been released yet.

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    GMK Godzilla?

I have got to get that Pupil-less Engine of Destruction!
    Are any of those available anywhere?
    My kid got me mine at CVS -of all places.

GMK Godzilla = Best Godzilla EVAH!

Thanks, butz.

5. butz

butz slippery when wet

I gotta warn you on the GMK Goji; his fins have a kinda stuck together look (I really wish they had modelled the fins more closely to the 8" Japanese mold). I still think he looks neat, but I've seen a lot of collectors gripe about it. I seem to find stuff from the older waves more frequently at K-mart; if you still have one in your area, I'd check there.

6. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I've got 1954 godzilla, final wars gigan, and final wars godzilla.
    I have to get another final wars godzilla though because the spines and paint are done horribly on mine. I thought they were all like that but it only turned out to be a bad batch. damn more money wasted.

you should check kb toys. they have tons of them now and at a cheap price $5.00 because they can't move the product.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Here in North Texas, KB and K-mart are just about extinct.
    (Must be something with the 'K'.)

I'll keep looking though -thanks.
    I need to replace my Trendmasters figures.
    The plastic has become brittle and broken on everyone except Space Godzilla and my Ultimate (American) Godzilla.

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    As I was reading this, my 4-5' Mechagodzilla 93's tail came out of the joint while I was fiddling with it....damn. Luckily the rest are still fine.

Anyone else collect the Trendmasters? Thoughts? Also, where can you get the Bandai figures in the UK? I'd really like to pick up a couple:-
    - Spacegodzilla
    - Destroyah
    - Anguirus (showa)
    - Gigan (showa)
    - Mecha-Ghidorah.

Also, on the topic of Bandai Godzilla stuff, My GMK Baragon and Chokogin Mechagodzilla 03 are awesome pieces.

EDIT: Anyone know a good online gallery of Bandai/Trendmasters Godzilla stuff, seeing as how Clubtokyo went offline.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dang! I love Gojira! In fact, I used to buy alot of them until I went into other toylines. Here's a picture of my 2 fave monster toys! LOL!

[​IMG]

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Nice picture!

And, I was going to ask "Anyone know a good online gallery of Bandai/Trendmasters Godzilla stuff, seeing as how Clubtokyo went offline?" myself.

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    What company makes those figures and how big are they?

12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    The Kong was made by Mezco and Gojira was made by Bandai. Both figures are around 12-15 inches tall. I believe the Kong can still be found but not so easily for the big lizard.

13. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

There are differences between most of the sculpts, with the Showa Gigan being a major example, but some are nearly identical to their Japanese counterparts. Space Godzilla, Goji '54, and Burning Godzilla come to mind.

The Final Wars Gigan's differences are immense when you compare the Bandai Creation figure to Bandai's 2006 6" mold. To sum it up, most of the claws and pointy bits are practically neutered. Chest spines and foot claws are a bit more dull on the BC version. Rodan is slightly larger in scale, and the neck's a bit different, but otherwise identical. Anguirus has his tail in a different pose, and is just barely larger. Final Wars Godzilla's hands are deformed and very odd in appearance, and there's some differences in the head I think. I remember his comparisons the least.

I used to own all of Series 1 and 2 of the BC Godzilla line, along with the Pack of Destruction. Tempted to get the Crumble Zone since I see it at K-Mart so often, but haven't bothered yet. The Series 1 figures are decent, and I particularly loved the colors on the Rainbow Mothra and the Gigan sculpt. Series 2, on the other hand, was quite crappy. Space Godzilla looks atrocious, though the Bandai version does as well, Mechagodzilla has duck feet, Ghidorah was just ok, and I was and still am not very pleased about the so-called GMK Godzilla. I've only kept Gigan and the POD, while Godzilla 1954 and GMK Godzilla are still looking for new homes.

This is the infamous picture of the Bandai Creation toys we never got. Destoroyah is not, and may never have been, pictured. One was definitely rumored, but the only pic anyone can find these days is of the tiny Des from the Pack of Destruction, not a 6" figure.
    [​IMG]

Anybody interested in checking out Godzilla toys (lots of focus on Bandai here) can check out www.vinylmaddness.com while we wait for ClubTokyo to get back up and running. It must be such a nuisance for Richard and Mike!

Oh, and Dirge121, Kiryu looks so much better in BLACK. :) 

14. butz

butz slippery when wet

Yeah, thats the pic I had, but for some reason thought Destroyah was in it.
    Its also noteworthy that while I agree both versions of Spacegodzilla are atrocious, the BC version's fins are not as bad as they are on the Bandai one (namely, near the gap).

15. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Chrome > Black

Unfortunately, I just have the bog-standard silver

EDIT: That Unreleased Anguirus rocks, the Final Wars version looked like ass, still, the toy still looks a bit gimpy if hes on his hands + knees, *wishes for an Anguirus in the pose from the games, or enough articulation to do both standing and running on all fours.

EDIT2: For those that want a 6-inch Destroyah, Bandai made one in Movie Monsters, Destroyah link:
    http://neonmartian.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=4&P_ID=210&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=132

Also available are:-
    - Goji 68
    - Anguirus 05
    - Goji 05
    - Goji 54
    - Gigan 2005
    - Hedorah
    - Godzilla (84 I think)
    - King Ghidorah
    - Mechagodzilla 03
    - Mecha-Ghidorah
    - Mothra 04
    - Rodan 05
    - Space Godzilla

And a very Interesting product featuring Toy Dream Projects special colour variation 6 inch toys:-
    Clear Blue Godzilla 1955
    Half Clear Red/whole clear red Showa Anguirus

These are a boxset based on Godzilla Raids Again, for some reason.

16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I actually have the 6" Destroyah.
    I ordered it from BBS a couple of years ago.

That GMK and Space Godzilla look pretty good in the picture.
    Do you guys think I can actually find a GMK Godzilla or should I look to order one online? He and the Godzilla 2000 designs are my favorite. And yes, I realize they are pretty opposite as far as Godzilla designs go.

17. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

$9 shipped and you could have mine!

Bandai Creation is carried in three different places - K-Mart, who have only stocked Wave 2 (with GMK Goji) and the two minifigure sets, KB Toys, which has at various points carried every toy in the line except the Crumble Zone, and CVS, a drugstore chain that has Wave 3, the Final Wars sculpts.

If you don't have those in your area, then it's online-only for you. See offer above. :p 

Well, I don't quite have chrome-Kiryu money yet, but the black version was the bestest Christmas gift I've ever given myself. I am thoroughly annoyed at having all the loose plates on the back that could fall out, meaning it's not as easy to play around with as my diecast Gigan (who IS chromed-up :)  ).

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Thinking about it...

19. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I suggest you can try ebay...I realize alot of dumping of Gojira toys in the last few months.