Baltimore residents, quick question....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Predakwon, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm think of heading off the the Inner Harbor for a Saturday with my girlfriend. Do you have any recommendations on what to do? I looked at the website, but it makes everything sound good. I'd rather hear opinions from people who actually have been/live there. Thx!

2. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Go to the Baltimore Aquarium. If the O's are home, check out a ballgame. Camden Yards is beautiful.

3. Arcee

Arcee Optimus Scourge Forever TFW2005 Supporter

The Aquarium is cool if you like to look at fish and stuff but skip the science museum, it's not as great as they make it sound. You have plenty dining opions. If you like seafood go to Phillip's and choose the buffet option. It may be $20 a person but you can eat whatever you want, including fresh osters, crabs right off the shell, and other things. Their selection is huge so you won't go home hungry (I suggest this for dinner). For Lunch or brunch I would suggest the little western looking place at the connor of I belive it is pratt street. They have the best waffles, hashbrowns, biskets around.

Other than that you have have a nice walk around and both pavillions are filled with shops and the Gallery is behind this building for more shopping. I haven't been to baltimore in 3 years so you might want to ask some locals what has been updated since then. Have a fun time.

4. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Definitely check out the aquarium. The price is nearly 20 per person because of the dolphin show, regardless of whether or not you actually see it. The rest of the aquarium is pretty nice, especially the new Australian exhibit. There's a submarine and a old US Navy sailing ship there next to the aquarium. You can also take harbor tours on a boat which is nearby to the ships. As far as places to eat. Avoid the Cheesecake Factory. There's always a line and you lose about an hour or two waiting to just get seated. Also because of that buzzing device that lets you know that you're ready to be served, you can't really leave the area if you want to eat. There's still plenty of good places to go in that pavilion as well as the one with the Discovery Store.

5. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I'll chime in and say the Aquarium is great and that you should go to an O's game if they're playing. Remember to get food from the street venders and bring it in with you. It will save you a lot of cash and the food is just as good.

Also, if you're a baseball fan, the childhood home of Babe Ruth has been turned into a small Babe Ruth museum and it's only a couple of blocks from the stadium.

I like eating at the ESPN Zone, but, again, that's really for a sports fan. My suggestion is to go to lunch very early - like 11:30 - so you don't have to worry about a long wait regardless of the place you choose. Then you'll be hungry when you head over to Camden Yards and you can buy a bunch of hot dogs to eat at the game.

6. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Highly recommeded. That's place is awesome.

7. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea Camden yards is one of the best ballparks.

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I used to live there for a few years...
    Aquarium is a must. Phillip's is awesome. And Camden Yards- one of the most beautiful places to see a game. I used to go as often as I could get anyone to take me :) 

9. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for your reply. Aquarium and Philips it is!