Ball Joints: Where do I get them?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by jbxfit, Jun 13, 2012.

1. jbxfit

jbxfit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I have no idea where to post this as I'm relatively new to the customization stuff so I looked and looked and settled on this page. So here's my question, I'd like to get some ball joints to customize some necks but the radicon page suggestion leads me to a website that is in Japanese and even when I google translate the page iI can't figure out how to order anything or where anything really is. Does anyone know where I can find some ball joints that are as reliable as the ones in the radicons suggestion (Yellow Submarine) are? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    You've got a few options. Number one is a hobby shop: they sell kits with durable polymer balljoints and swivels. However, those are pretty basic. If you want specialized body parts out-of-the-box, go Gundam. They provide literally everything you need.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you want to do a little kitbashing, I'd suggest checking out your clearance sections at your local retail stores. Take random figures, cut off the ball joints, and add them to your figures.

4. jbxfit

jbxfit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Awesome. So where do I find a "Gundam" kit? I found one on eBay but is that what you're talking about? Gundam parts Ball joint Detail- Up Mg Bandai Gundam kit Hot sale flesh-colored | eBay

I actually did kitbash a bit. I used Arcee's arm/wrist to create the neck but the reality is the connection between the two ball joints (super glue) wasn't strong enough to deal with too much movement. This is a commission project and I don't want anything to be sub-standard. If there's a way to do something better I want to give it a try. I have heard of some figures with double ball joints (HFTD lines primarily) but I'd rather have twenty ball joints for the price of one just to avoid this problem in the future. Thanks so much for the suggestion though. It definitely might come to a little more kitbashing!

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I posted this in aledromo's thread a few days ago....

Bowei Blocks are a good source of ball joints. They're pretty good for scout-deluxe-voyager class limbs as well as deluxe-voyager-ultra class heads.

bowei blocks | eBay

6. jbxfit

jbxfit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Those look pretty awesome. Thanks for the info!

7. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

hobbylinkjapan hlj.com has ball joint kits (just ball joints and sockets on runners) but it's going to be shipped from japan, or you can salvage them from gundam kit for smaller joints or lego bionicles/hero factory for larger ones, and of course other transformers.

8. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

I forgot to thank you for that, by the way. Good stuff.