Customs: Ball joint size

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by iconscons, Aug 24, 2007.

1. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I'm trying to put an alternator tracks head, on a alternator grimlock body. Unfortunately the ball on the mustang is far too small for the socket on the head. Clearn nail polish can be used to slightly tighten loose ball joints, but I don't think this large size differential can be fixed with it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or better yet, if someone has done this customization already, let me know how.

2. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    I did something similar with an Optimus Primal mutant head onto a spare Rampage body. The ball was way to small for the socket, so I just layered super glue onto the ball until it was a tight enough fit. It's basically the same process as tightening a joint, but this kind takes a bit longer. ^^;

3. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    I did something similar with an Optimus Primal mutant head onto a spare Rampage body. The ball was way to small for the socket, so I just layered super glue onto the ball until it was a tight enough fit. It's basically the same process as tightening a joint, but this kind takes a bit longer. ^^;

4. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

id say thats the way to go.

5. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

id say thats the way to go.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is what I do in that situation. I use a combination of nail polish and superglue though to give both agents something to "grab" on to so neither will flake off.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is what I do in that situation. I use a combination of nail polish and superglue though to give both agents something to "grab" on to so neither will flake off.