Baldness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leadfoot, Jun 8, 2010.

1. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Boot camp doesn't count, as most of us looked downright silly with bald heads at the time. First and foremost, a shaved head then was for convienience/unit cohesion and not for aesthetic reasons. A pasty scalp isn't a sexy bald head. I, for one, looked like someone stuck a sickly white beach ball on my neck.

2. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i'm 28 and i haven't lost any hair. my father and my grandfathers on both sides kept their hair so i should be safe. i haven't even had any greys yet, and my dad didn't go grey until he was in his 40s, so i'm set i think.

3. honcho

honcho BW Megatron Completionist

Ebay:
    Baldness looks pretty badass IMO.

4. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I know what it was for, I was in the military myself after all. ;) 

Us girls just got a straight cut at the top of the collar, tho, if we hadn't gotten our hair cut before basic or were braiding and glueing it with hairspray every day. We envied the fact the guys didn't have to do anything hair-wise the entire time, even tho they all looked pretty funny for the first week.

--Moony

5. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I'm sure you have heard of the phrase "let themselves go". But if you have not then it means not caring about looks as much anymore as one gets older or get married or get into a long term relationship. You can call it becoming more mature and therefore accepting of ones appearance or just plain becoming lazy to doll themselves up but the outcome is the same.

There may be a backlash to plastic surgery but not a backlash to trying to look good. People still find ways to make themselves look physically better looking whether it be makeup, clothing, , weight loss, tan, etc.

Look, I'm not disagreeing that confidence, kindness, just plain good heart can make a person attractive. A very physically attractive girl who has a bad attitude/personality is very unattractive to me so I get the whole good personality thing. But you can't deny that physical attractiveness plays a major role, especially as a first impression. It may not be for you, but for the majority of the people it does play a major role. Physical appearance attracts a person. Personality keeps the person.

6. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

Jesus, what the hell is that?! :puke2: 

7. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    The wife has baldness all through her family tree. I'm going to have a little Charlie Brown. :lol 

8. Jingjing

Jingjing Well-Known Member

Nice! :lol 

9. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:

Sure I've heard it, but you don't have to be old or in a relationship to let youself go..it happens to people of all ages and races...Hell if you see news reports of children being more overweight now than almost ever in the history of humans..So big deal...it's out there..and should be dealt with as a health issue..not a beauty issue..:rolleyes2 

I think what should be taken away from this thread (which was about baldness, not good looks or plastic surgery, btw) is that we come with all kinds of shapes and ideas of what is sexy for each individual..and the only person who knows what works or doesn't is YOU. I may like a bald guy or balding guy and another woman may not..so it's our choice, ours alone.

You may be all about the appearance..well good for you..enjoy it while it lasts and spends thousands of $$$$$ keeping body parts or hair..where you want them.. I'm just saying that a more natural and pratical attitude is a winner in the long run..everyone who doesn't die at a young age will get older and their bodies will age as well..it is my belief that it speaks to the character of the person in how they age gracefully, keeping themselves fit and in shape naturally..or fight it with tons of plastic and saline.

So, if nothing else..let's agree to disagree.. I think balding is natural and still can be sexy thing for a guy!!! As long as he isn't worried about it, neither am I..YAY!!! WIN!!

10. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I hope that when you say "you" you don't mean directly me. I'm not all about appearance. I've never spent any money on plastic surgery. But I've been around enough people in life to know what's important to them. It's great to meet people who look beyond the looks but those people are few and far in between. For every person that tells you that you look great the way you are, there are 10 more people telling you you need to lose weight, dress better, wear makeup, etc. That's people. That's life.

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Good I'm glad to hear you haven't...:D  So what if there's 10 people who would have the nerve to tell you to lose weight or dress better...We all have "ignore" capability, I say "Use it"!!! Those people do not and should not matter..unless you let them matter..
    Let them go...they are not important in the scheme of things unless YOU give them that power!! And just so you know..YOU can be ONE should not give another power unless ONE wants to..just throwing it out there. Also, stick a fork in me, I'm done!!! with this thread and this subject..there's more important things to talk about, IMHO! :thumb 

12. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I'm starting to go thin on top. I just plan on shaving it when it gets bad.

13. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

That's Lion-O in the new live action Thundercats.

14. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

I started going bald when I was...you know what, I think I've been losing hair my entire life. I was the only one in junior high with a receding hairline. Decided one day that I had enough and hacked it all off and haven't looked back. I'll let a little fuzz grow and that shave it off on the weekend. The best part is not having to spend time maintaining it. I step out of the shower and it's set for the day. No hat hair, no mess.

15. Brawlastator

Brawlastator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Colin Mochrie tells me that balding men make the best lovers. You have that going for you.

16. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    <--Look at the avatar pic. I will break you. :lol 

I didn't like going bald (used to have a HUGE afro), but I refuse to be that guy that won't submit to the baldness. Thinning hair on black guys is funny. My best friends dad has no hair in the middle up top, just the sides. Think George Jefferson. When my hair started doing that, I shaved it off. Makes me more aerodynamic. :lol 

17. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I started in middle school, no joke. Had a bald spot on the back of my head, so unfair. What makes it even worse is that every girl I've ever dated has commented on how soft my hair is. I really don't wanna lose it. I'm gonna try rogaine or something now that I can afford it. If that doesn't work then I'm gonna keep my hair short or shaved.

18. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Apparently Rogaine works on bald spots, but not receding hair lines. Go figure. Seems to eliminate about 70% of the cases of baldness it could have helped.

If a real cure were ever to come along, I don't know what I'd do. It's a tough question. I really enjoy my bald look and it has been good to me, but I also like variety. Wearing my hair in different ways was fun. But since I'm pretty sure we're a few decades away from that, why would I care by then?

19. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I say the same thing, you know...cause of the ninjas.