Repro/Sticker: Bah-weep-graaaaagnah-wheep nini bong!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by gbot, Feb 13, 2009.

1. gbot

gbot Well-Known Member

hello I`m new to the radicon boards so this my first item to show to you.

my family has worked in plastics, custom paints, and paint jobs for quite some time. my family has taught me many of these techniques.

anyway, I got really tired of looking at the sad little things known as cybertron keys; so I thought I`d put a little (G1) in to them.

here`s my take on the cybertron line keys which are modeled after the energon goodie snacks that kup offers to the sharkticons in the 1986 movie.

actually these "energon keys" have activated severial transformers from this line. these are made of clearer durable urethane plastic,the same material used to make machinery parts!

if you are interested leave me a post or drop me a pm I check both freouently and I`d be happy to answer any questions.

More pics and projects to come soon...

Disclaimer: these are for adult collectors only.

thanks
    -gbot

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    haha, that's cool, man. welcome aboard.

3. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

That looks awesome and sparkley. Though i'm still waiting for the day someone starts producing Vector Sigma-styled planet keys.

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I always wondered why no one has ever made energon goodie snacks candies. I want to eat one.

5. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    looks like candy

speaking of candy someone needs to make Energon candy and energy drink it would be awesome

6. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    Heh. Now you need to make one for those blasted mini cons.

7. gbot

gbot Well-Known Member

hey thanks for the feedback :) 

As four your question mastergeorge; i am working on somthing for the minicons, ''Energon cubes" :D 

if some one would like either, pm me.

I'm posting more pics of both prototypes (with figures ) in the next week

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  8. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

I don't have any figures from that line, but if I did I would seriously consider these. They look excellent!

Welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting business opportunities here.

9. gbot

gbot Well-Known Member

thanks for the complement. I was pleasantly suprised how well they turned out.
    for some reason, they seem to go well with the universe/classics 2.0 and my botcon 07 figs.

I have to say though I was only able to finish my project after I realized there were others like me who loved transformers and who wanted to be a part of TF fandom in a hands on artistic way.
    Having my daughter brought me back to my TF roots.

I truly like the Radicons work :D  hope to meet many of you at Botcon 09.

10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

fantastic and welcome

11. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Welcome to Radicons. Good to have a plastic modeler in our midst.

I love custom stuff. Be it reproduction parts or custom upgrade parts! Do you sculpt, design or make use of a rapid prototype machine? There is a lot of custom stuff I would really like to see!

I really like the idea of the energon goodie cybertron key. I don't use the keys myself (all my toys are on display) but I'm sure there are lots of people who would really like something like this.

iDD

12. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    That's pretty friggin cool....and welcome to the boards. :thumb 

13. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

Yummy!!! Great, Non-character add-on!!!

14. gbot

gbot Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, for some reason, the boards have been extremely difficult to get on - my guess is the N.Y.T.F.
    news download.

I am glad to receive such a warm response for my first outing- but that's what makes TF fandom so great.

iDD- to answer your question, I have a fine arts background - training that includes but not limited to design & illustration sculpture, hand painting, and airbrush, etc... I do custom work from scratch as well redesign by hand. I'm currently working on a scatchbuilt gun and the cubes.

I plan to post more pics when my Planent Cybertron Primus arrives next week. I want to show my keys activating Primus before putting them up for sale- this goes for my energon minicon cubes as well. I'll be putting up pics of the prototype gun also .

I'm a stickler for Quality Control; it upsets me to no end as a fan and collector when you get shoddy workmanship for your dollar. (ex. CC Joker face)

Thanks so much for the continued support I appreciate it greatly from all the community- you deserve the best :) 

-- gbot

15. gbot

gbot Well-Known Member

Hi guys, sorry for the wait.

Quick update: I'm waiting on my cybertron primus fig. to arrive still; the retailer has not shipped
    it out yet-not sure why- when it arrives, pics will be put up. By friday i'll have some new pics up with or without Primus. Minicon cubes are nearly done and in working order. ''Suprise gun'' (scatchbuilt and custom designed from previously existing hasbro concept art-- "man, i love the web"). Gun is working suprizingly well-- A few more tweaks and my favorite character has his peacemaker. :D  :D  :D  .

As for pricing; the Energon Goodie Key between * 9 to 12 USD
    the Minicon Energon Cubes (Set of 4) 20 USD
    "Mystery Gun" ------------------------- 12 USD

Prices do not include Shipping and Handling costs.
    Will ship to US and Canada.

All products made from quality urethane plastics.

* I would like to hear your input on the pricing for the Energon Goodie Key-- between 9 to 12 USD how much?

Sincerely,
    gbot

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  16. gbot

gbot Well-Known Member

Hey guys!

My apologies for the delay, family obligations changed my schedule slightly.

Pics are indeed posted :D  It's in the Items for Sale or Trade section. Later today, I'm posting the link here
    and more pics as I've been asked for a size comparison shot of the energon minicon cube with different class sizes. I'm now taking orders for the Cubes and Keys and preorders for the "Mystery Gun", whose owner's identity has been revealed!

Also, for those wanting to try out the energon minicon cubes before they decide on a full set are in luck!
    For 1 month only ,(Feb 23 to March 24 / 2009) you can order 1 cube (limit 1 per customer) for $5. +shipping . Any additional cubes must be purchased in the set of four.

So, please check it out and spread the word! :) 

It's titled: energon minicon cubes and keys for sale special custom gun preview

If you're interested in placing an order or a have commission request; I'd be glad to help.

Please email me at: gbot2.0@gmail.com for details.

So, Please my fellow Radicons, post and tell me you think. Am I Nuts for doing this??

Thanks,
    gbot

p.s. - Now I'm going to crash! ...zzzz...lol

17. gbot

gbot Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Here's the link to my sales and trades thread: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items...bes-keys-sale-special-custom-gun-preview.html

It has pics for the gun, keys and cubes. It's Hound's trusty Handgun!

Here are some more new pictures, which show the scale of the cube with universe/classics figures. I also included the energon keys for comparison.

The keys Do work with Primus! :)  Pics will follow.

I am working on a smaller scale cube without the minicon port for those who want it. These will be much less expensive however i need posting feedback to continue on with these smaller scale cubes.

Again, please tell me what you think in terms of pricing-what's too much? Remember, I'm not Hasbro, just one transformers fan who does this for his family; plastic costs a certain amount and I at least have to break even; if not marginal profit. I'm very flexible, but I need feedback to be able to accommadate what you guys might want. Try me, and I'll see what I can do. :) 

More to come,
    gbot

Attached Files:

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    it'd really be awesome to have cubes scaled to cartoon size for deluxes and voyagers. I realize these you have are pretty good for voyager size.

19. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Heh, were you trying to re-enact the scene where the decepticons get drunk on energon? That's an awesome scene!

I was wondering if these cubes are hollow or solid? And what kind of weight they have to them?

For my part I wouldn't mind hollow cubes, or even cubes that were not plastic all the way through (inner core of some other material for example) if it would result in a less expensive product. Not all the people might feel that way though.

Also to clarify, are the cubes we see here the "minicon cubes" you referred to? Or are they regular cubes? I'm just trying to figure out if these are the 4/$20, or if they will be more?

If you do have decent sales, woudl you ever consider making "compressed" energon cubes? Everyone always does the regular ones, so I think the "compressed" ones would be really interesting to see...

Redline, the only problem I see with him trying to make a "cartoon size" is that there is rarely any accurate scale in transformers toys (G1 being the worst offender). The cubes were supposed to be roughly the size of soundwave's chest, right? These look like they are around there...

20. gbot

gbot Well-Known Member

Hey, what's up Redline, Bruticus? Thanks, for the feedback you guys; It's something solid and tangible that I can use going forward from here- Really appreciated. :) 

Bruticus: yep, they're partying like it's 1984- with soundwave preparing the kegger...lol

BTW, I had originally made these with the universe/classics deluxe scale in mind. The cubes shown in the pics are the minicon cubes that are compatible with all minicon ports. This includes all ports that require a minicon figure to activate them. This is why I chose plastic for this project; the reason being, is that the minicon port peg doesn't form fully in other materials because they're too pliable and/or too brittle to withstand much wear & tear.

Bruticus, As for the possibility of compressed energon- I'd like to brainstorm with you and anyone wanting to contribute to see if it can be done.

The minicon cubes in the pics are 4 for $20 (for that size cube) + fixed shipping rate- tracking included
    For a months time, ending on march 24th I'm having a Special where you can buy 1 cube for $5 dollars and your choice of shipping method (must have tracking ) to try them out.

thank you again, to both of you for posting.

sincerely,
    gbot :)