Bah, let's talk about sumthin REALLY about the movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by littleiron, Apr 11, 2007.

1. littleiron

littleiron Little I.N.S.A.N.E IroN

News Credits:
    Come on, ain't there enough discussions about these aliens' faces? :D 

Let's talk about stuff like:

[Their Primal Purposes?]
    To all creatures known to mankind, their ultimate meaning of "to live" is food and reproduction, in order to keep their own species survive in the process of evolution. However, the Cybertronians were provided with life and Energon by the ALLSPARK. As a result, food and reproduction were never their concern.

So before the great war, what were their desires? What were their needs?
    Or maybe they never ever had desire or need, then were Cybertronians any differen than ants served their queen?

[Emotional Evolution?]
    So what would be the factor that teaches Megatron the concept of "ambition"?

If Cybertronians were in peace all along, and they didn't really lack of anything, where does the idea of having war come up?
    Is it that the ALLSPARK wants to taste this kind of experience and wisdom?

[Cultrual Shock?]
    Why did they need to transform even in peace era? An interstellar-jet like Megatron didn't even know the existence of "ice". Doesn't sound like the Cybertronians travel a lot or too far.

Do the Cybertronians ever know there're machines built by other lifeforms (carbon-based, humans)? Yah, I mean, when Bumblebee saw Beagle on Mars, did he see it as a living just like we see cockcoach?

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Excellent idea for a thread. Nice one.
    Your point about the Allspark does intrigue me, d00d. In a lot of ways its backstory seems similar to the Underbase from the G1 comics.
    For those who don't know, the underbase was the largest repository of knowledge on Cybertron before the great War. It was shot into space by Optimus Prime, to prevent it falling into Megatron's hands. Sound familiar?
    Now. the Underbase sailed through space for millions of years, gathering information, until it eventually grew SO powerful that by merely grazing a planet's atmosphere it would destroy all life on it. If the Allspark has been doing a similar sort of thing, it may well have its own motives.
    I'll have a ponder on the other points, and maybe post again after I've eaten. DAMN, I'm hungry.

3. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

Well most things/people/sheep that are created almost magically without struggle are usually without independent intelligence, ie appliances and generic robots, but since the Transformers did have intelligence one would assume they'd go back to the deep roots of survival, such as the need for order and government, basic economics, etc. Then the struggle and greed occurred out of a system that was working fine when those who demanded more made themselves known.

For example the basic structure of government that slowly
    arose, and since Transformers didn't have their own physical evolution to deal with they dealt with their structural and political evolution, creating their factions and orders and hence, Optimus Prime for one side of the aisle and Megatron for the other, both with opposing views.

Now, Megatron, considering his apparent intelligence, would have seen this harmonious utopia and decided that if what he wants is more, and if nobody is in his way to stop him, why not? It's like when a child is first growing up and is in a toy store, and sees a small open toy on the shelf. The child has no reason to take it, he didn't want it before, but since it's right there and nobody is around to catch him, why not grab for it? And with that reach, Megatron grabbed for the Allspark, and since he was the leader of his group, nobody with authority was able to punish him.

And for the last one...why do we wear ties? Why do we paint our houses different colors? What is the difference in buying this car compared to that car? There's more to life and purpose than neccessity, and Transformation occured to create life on the planet more streamlined and efficient while maintaining individuality. Why have a car when you can turn into one? Save the road space and just turn into the car yourself! Then, why go on land when you can fly? Megatron, already inspired by greed and ego, becomes that which is not constrained by any terrestrial obstacle, and is armed to the teeth.

4. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Thats a good point. Just because everyone is happy, or sees efficiency, doesn't mean there won't be variances in logic. I live in Arizona, where it is HOT all the time. It is well known, that a black car is inefficient as far as cooling goes, and a white care is tons more efficient. So, since we agree that black is inefficient, why are there so many black cars purchased here? Why are we not happy with white ones?

There is an Allspark that these being look up to. It must be like a "god" to them. It is not so far fetched to believe that one life form will want different ambitions for it because it is so important. Does the happy civilization span outwards into other planets to expand? Surely intelligent creatures have a thirst for learning, so naturally they would want to expand into other regions. Some of those "explorers" will have a thirst to conquer. Not because any one thing drives them to conquer, but because it is an internal drive.

5. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

Wow. An intellectual thread. This is scary.

Let’s see. Kweh.
    In the WW series before the war with the ‘Cons it was expressed that the Transformers culture was about learning, contemplation, and the study of their past. This seems highly probably for a utopian society that works at their respective reciprocals in the day-to-day norm to maintain function of their world. The citizens were content with their lives, but not all were.

I think Ops thought the ship was a weird machine with organic functions within it. “Communal” like a multicelled organism I thought he mentioned. It expresses his impression over the course of his travels to many different planets varying with each’s own separate diversity in evolution and what not.

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

this is making my heat hurt. gonna think on it for a while

7. dbec1

dbec1 Well-Known Member

whoa there sonny
    [​IMG]

8. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Yes, the white box with red X really does make me question our place in the universe ;) 

9. ogphat

ogphat Active Member

makes great since to me sound like maybe that can be a stroy told in a movie maybe a good hint on a story for a next movie they shoudl make i hope this movie truns franchise and they put out a couple more or maybe i am alone on this feelin what do you all think about a possible 2 and 3 maybe 4

10. dbec1

dbec1 Well-Known Member

Damn Sector 7 people got to it...:dunce 

11. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

Your...your what?

You better not be going through what my imagination is making me think you're going through.

And lets get back on topic, this thread has some interesting points.

12. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    No intellectual discussion for me.

If the action is intense,
    and the plot makes sense
    and the robots transform
    it will make me feel all warm
    and fuzzy

But seriously, I just hope to get my money's worth. I'm not expecting G1. I just want to see giant @#%ing robots transforming and kicking each others chasis up on the big screen.

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'm familiar with bay's MO.

i know how exactly its gonna pan out.

i dont have high hopes.

if it was a bryan singer or a chris nolan, i maybe wouldve felt differently.

at least we know it can never be as bad as the LOEG movie.

14. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

That is your opinion though. Personally, I think this movie will be a huge success just because of the mind blowing special effects, explosions, and action. It will be successful on that merit alone. It won't fail because of a few measly fans. But, that is my opinion though.

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    nobody said anything about 'failing'.

bays film has always had moderate to great commercial success, lets not dispute that.

you missed my point entirely.

but dont worry...thats just my opinion.

16. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    EDIT: Nevemind.

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Oh for God's sake. Someone tries a serious thread about the movie, and this happens.
    Read the first post, and comment on that; otherwise take the "it'll be great/it'll be crap" rubbish to one of the myriad of appropriate threads and STOP DERAILING THIS ONE.

18. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

In the prequel novel, Starscream comments to himself about the Sector 7 ship design and says something to the effect (don't have book to quote atm) of, "Carbon based life-forms are obsolete, eventually all intellegent carbon-based life forms create an artificial intelligence and that artificial intelligence will take over and subjugate the carbon-based lifeforms. It's just the way the universe works."

From that, I gathered that many, many, many years ago, the Transformers were engineered by a race of carbon based lifeforms and that they were used to accomplish tasks, like, make war, haul cargo, etc. and thats why they were designed to transform, to have multiple uses.

It would also explain why they were humanoid in nature, likely created in the likeness of whatever alien created them. Something like this could've happened so far in the past in Cybertronian history that most Transformers don't even know it happened like that. Transformers probably gained sentience and decided that carbon-based lifeforms weren't necessary (ala matrix) and wiped them out. Could also be that Optimus Prime knows this and that is why he works so hard to preserve a right for all life to live.

As far as motivations, I would think that the acquisition of knowledge would be the key endevour of all the Transformers. So, at some point Megatron learns something about the Allspark and it drives him mad. Maybe we'll actually get to see what.

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    interesting comment in regards to the prequel novel.

ive read scifi where the premise of propogation of civilizations based on the abandonment of life shells that are susceptible to deterioration (read carbon based lifeform) for new shells that are more permanent (non-organic), so yeah, interesting take on evolution.

stupid, but interesting.

20. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Not really, humanity ideally wants to evolve pass physical boundaries into mental/energy realm of existance, which is the true permanent 'shell.'

Transitioning from carbon to non-organic body is more of an extention of their life span, not immortality. A hard non-organic body can still be destroyed or the system might catch a virus or EMP can wipe out all the electronics, so in many ways more vulnerable.