BadCube's Claymore, Hypno, and Kickbutt (Masterpiece Style Insecticons)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by nellie131, Jan 25, 2015.

1. CoRDS

CoRDS Well-Known Member

i got my collectors set yesterday

a little underwhelming
    they're really light and they feel hollow but they look good enough next to my fanstoys ones all the hips and knees on these guys have a bit of wiggle/give before each of the soft ratchet notches (knees) and hard ratchets on the hips, which are also a little lose for my liking and there seems to be no way to tighten them

2. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You don't happen to have a photograph or twelve of this triple-trio, do you? I would love to see that.

3. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which set did you get? The Value Pack or the Collector's Edition? The solid yellow chest Value pack has no diecast. The Collector's Edition has some die cast but I don't know how much. Did yours come in a brown box like before?

4. CoRDS

CoRDS Well-Known Member

As mentioned i got the collectors set that came in individual coloured boxes with clear chesets
    They have some diecast but they're still very light

• Like Like x 1
  5. dmarsee

dmarsee 变形金刚粉丝,自1984

Would you say that BBTS is the best place to buy the clear chest versions, even *after* shipping costs?
    (Time is no object for me. Happy to wait for a slow boat to deliver)

6. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I think the Collector's version were originally sold as 3 separate bugs at around $80 each. BBTS is offering all 3 as a set for $140 clearance price. That's what made me jump on them as I haven't seen them go for less than that. Maybe someone else has?

• Like Like x 1
  7. CoRDS

CoRDS Well-Known Member

i got mine from robotoybase (formerly chimunmung) for $129us

• Like Like x 1
  8. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    For anyone that has both the collectors pack and value pack, could you comment on whether the difference is noticeable or worth the upgrade

Ive got 2 sets of the value pack already, plus a set of the ft bugs. Just debating whether I really need a collectors set as well

• Like Like x 1
  9. dmarsee

dmarsee 变形金刚粉丝,自1984

Thanks, all!
    Purchase made.

10. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    I would love to get a set of those clear bugs!

11. Sportimus

News Credits:
    Got my set in today. They are packaged in each of their own boxes just like before. All three are well-made (my copies anyway) with good joints, no floppiness, and of good quality. They are a lot lighter than the Fanstoys, but that's not a bad thing. There's enough weight to feel good. I'm very happy to have these in hand at a great price. Still going to get the MMC bugs, but these are fantastic. I love this Collector's Edition set.

12. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should get this set. I have the FansToys version as well, and love them. But, I really like the changing Chest plate on Bombshell, and like how clean the bug legs store in Robot mode. This is a really nice set.

13. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I got the Collector's Edition for the translucent amber chests, chrome parts, and die cast bits. So far, I am very happy with these three bugs. And I also like how much cleaner their backs are compared to the FansToys versions. I DO like the FT Insecticons, but they're not worth the frustration in finding Forager or waiting for it to be reissued. No issues with their quality or design either. But they are the most expensive now compared to BC and MMC's upcoming set release. I think FT's quality exceeds BadCube's bugs, but from the set that I have in-hand, I'm very happy with the quality of these three. Everything is the right tightness, feels good to the touch, plastic doesn't feel cheap, paints apps are sot-on and clean, articulation is great, and they looks they should to me. Perhaps BadCube truly has improved on their QC. I'm super excited to have their Sunsurge and now these bugs.

14. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

Both sets are very nice. The collectors set has more a toy look to it with the chrome parts and translucent chest. If you are a big fan of the toy look, get them. If not, stick with the value pack.

Both sets come with the same accessories.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  15. lbock

lbock Well-Known Member

I was pretty underwhelmed too. Nothing squeaked, had ridiculously tight tolerances, or broke out of the box like my FT bugs.

I will say the BC figures aren't as good at being paperweights as the FT figures, but for half the cost, they are pretty nice and have a similar feel and quality as the other BC figures. They don't feel as premium in hand as the FT bugs, but I like the paint and the fact that they don't have a bug leg kibble backpack.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CoRDS

CoRDS Well-Known Member

yeah i must admit i didnt feel like i was going to break anything at all when transforming them into their bug modes and the clean backs are nice as well. I am glad i have both BC and FT bugs

• Like Like x 1
  17. lbock

lbock Well-Known Member

The FT Bugs just really irked me. Grenadier was just absolutely amazing and one of the nicest 3P figures at that price point. Mercenary was pretty good except the tolerances were ridiculously tight on the legs to the point where it was difficult to transform. Forager was just an absolute mess and I wouldn't recommend that figure to anyone. I ended up selling all of them because of how poorly Forager turned out. I'm pretty happy switching out from FT bugs to the Badcube ones at this price point.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  18. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They just arrived. A huge thank you to whoever it was that pointed out the BBTS clearance price for this bad-ass trio. I was not prepared to pay the average re-seller price I was seeing online for this set. But at $140.00?? Hell Yes.

And yeah, that completes my collection of '84 Decepticons. 20170524_153027.jpg 20170524_154333.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  19. Sportimus

News Credits:
    Congrats! They all look great together. Got my set as well, just like yours (Collector's Edition), and For $140, They're pretty great!

• Like Like x 2
  20. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yup, it's the price that made me jump on them. I'm happy knowing that Claymore's gun is silver instead of purple like the reviews had shown. But I wish this version of Hypno had the chest color-change gimmick. Oh well, I still think it's a great set and well worth the price.