BadCube OTS-15 Security Director Recon (Red Alert)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, May 11, 2018.

1. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    I mean, the door wings are really the only improvement I see here...

2. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Overall proportions are better, the smiling face sculpt is toon accurate, the tires on the arms are not just add one but still part of the figure, Pop lights along with the door and hood, as well as a better proportioned hood. This guy will definitely push my Red Alert MP14+ to the side.

• Like Like x 1
  3. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

I’m loving the toon-accuracy that Takara’s doesn’t have; toon Red is NOT a straight Sideswipe repaint.

I know the description says the robot back is toon-accurate as well (with the spoiler), but I don’t see any pics confirming it. If it is, this will be my MP Red.

4. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    To each is own I guess, I’d be considering red alert if they’d done the windows in grey like MP-14+ and grapferno, and they’d matched the alt. mode detail a bit better.

Both badcube’s sideswipe, and red alert also seem a bit too studio ox-y to me in the proportions area.

• Like Like x 2
  5. keef

keef You stepped on my toes

Not yet having bought the official MPs of these guys, the choice is very clear. Skipping the officials for these is a no-brainer. Just hope they don't have something annoying about the transformation like my Grump.

6. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Well I’ll not be selling my official one, either. Still has a place in my heart and home. Just display wise, this would go better. Hey, I hope Badcube can give you what you want. Options are always better so why not?

• Like Like x 1
  7. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But Hasui!!
    Yeah, I thought somebody else had a shot at the XTB stolen KO at first when I saw the Sideswipe . The doors arms,more accurate chest and back , and opening doors and hood are a nice touch, but the hollow knees, the undercarriage kibble, meh face sculpt and the fact Red Alert doesn't have blue windows!!!!:D  it doesn't seem like much of an improvement over a 6 year old mold.
    I like the fact he actually has feet and not planks but they just look awkward and unfinished.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    If I could add anything it'd be the 'FIRE CHIEF' on the lower door but I'm pretty sure Repro has that option for the first Red so I'll probably get them....or wait for a specific set for this.

Also:

20180511_165907.jpg

When he has his light covers on it's not even close. He could even have 'CHIEF' on the legs and 'FIRE' on his wings to be uber accurate.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I'm coming here from Twitter only having seen Sideswipe and I was like, hey that's nice. But shrug?

But this Red Alert? Mmm. That's nice. That's very nice.

10. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you purchase XTB's Hoist I have a feeling you will be greatly pleased. I am very hard to satisfy when it comes to definitive versions of G1 characters. In fact I still have placeholders for a definitive G1 Jazz and a handful of others just waiting for either an official or 3P bot to tie off those loose ends. However, XTB's Hoist (not so much Trailbreaker sadly) has IMHO tied off that character for me. I have heard rumors and rumblings that there are official versions of Hoist and TB coming-- and at least for TB I'm sure that will fill that slot nicely-- but for me I don't feel I need another Hoist after Keith's version. Just my two pennies.

11. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    I think we have a more urgent need for an IDW one, since the G1 MP is literally the only game in town, but, yeah, it is what it is.

12. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

well they got me. You know that I am all in for swipe, but this guy...he looks too good to pass up = ordered!

13. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

These arent blowing my MPs away.

I dont care for the face sculpts, but the smiling Red is decent. The only real plus in my opinion are the door wings and real shoulder wheels on Red Alert. The squarish, thin thighs look terrible and the MP Chest and Legs have never bothered me.

Is it me or does the head look too small?

Im concerned about paint. The white plastic looks a bit bare like MP Wheeljack. If I recall correctly, the official MP 14 alt mode is fully painted. Im not a huge Red Alert fan and I’m not dying to double dip on the character anyway.

I suspect the transformation will be typical “Badcube” so that will likely be another strike against it. We shall see.

Im definitely not interested in their Swipe, but I do love those door wings on Red.

Hmmm....

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Badcube really nailed the bot mode aesthetics to this guy. Toon accurate but not overly toon. It almost looks like Hasui resigned MP Red Alert.

• Like Like x 4
  15. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

I do like to have different versions when it comes to mold brothers, so I'm definitely keeping an eye on this, but I think I'll keep MP Sideswipe, as firstly, it feels right that (as a warrior) he's broader and bulkier, and secondly, the upcoming Generation Toys T-Beast Sideswipe "Red Bull" more closely matches the proportions of the MP, and they should work together aesthetically as well.

• Like Like x 2
  16. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Red Alert looks pretty good and accurate. Don't like the feet though. And I do hope the outer car shell is painted, otherwise it would lack that premium finish. Now if the KFC hands fit on these guys, then it's a done deal.

17. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

Oh hey, ballsy move by Badcube. I really like the way these guys look. The chest looks far better on the Badcube versions. Really digging the bot mode especially.

18. TylerB

TylerB We all know they're supposed to be chrome.

I guess the real question is; how well do they hold the hold their guns?

I like a lot of what I'm seeing, but the short, (disproportionately)skinny thighs and high knees bother me A LOT, nevermind the face cuz I don't see many being happy with it either.

I feel all the energy spent on this would have made an amazing Windcharger and Tailgate. Easy pass Badcube.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Okay, I see you BadCube! There are things that are less-than-perfect about these guys, but I don't think Takara is redoing them, and this brings both of 'em more in line with where MP toys are today. Plus they're both more objectively show-accurate and they're both better vehicle modes. Yeah... I'll put some cash down for these, especially since my MP Lambor and Alert are just KOs anyway. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  20. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Now if only he can extend his index finger straight out to show me where the fire is, I would consider this complete.