BadCube OTS-01 Huff and OTS-13 Piper (MP Huffer and Pipes)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

Im thinking the Cubex Huff is better looking than BC Huff. I might pickup the new version after reviews and temptation is just too much to ignore. Cubex Huff is just a statue today. Id like a version of Huffer that can be fiddled with. IF I crack on this, Cubex will be in alt mode. I dont mind having 2 copies/versions of the same character, but IF Takara ever releases one then Id have 3! Lol

2. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Same people but the factory they used let them down with bad QC for Huff so they changed their name with a better factory for a fresh start.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Banned

News Credits:
    I would have been quite happy with a reissued V1.0 that had all the problems addressed, but this V2.0 looks good also.

4. Nems

Nems Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I like the new Huff! And since I never got the original, I'll be picking this one up.

5. Saint Rygar

Saint Rygar Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just to repeat the same opinion of many others here to see if Badcube rethinks about it... please leave the truck cab as it was on Cubex Huff, it was perfect that way.

6. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, I too am in the minority of preferring the new altmodes. The more realistic vehicle look will fit in better with other MP's (remember: Takara designers where referring to this as the Real Car line for quite a while. Realistic alt modes are a key part of MP) I am wary about what looks like a bend or split between the cans and the trailer hitch. If that joint isn't properly secured I can see this folding into the ground. All up, Huff is good enough for me (better than XTB's and Cubex - though I'm still not a fan of BC's feet. They all look the same and all look a little off - though that's nitpicking now)
    But Pipes... what the hell BC? I get that these characters have big backpacks hanging off and towering behind their heads, but it's not a big, completely unaltered truck cab. Huff's compacts and folds up nicely to look just right but Pipes? No toon depiction showed such a massive unaltered cab on his back. This looks like some kind of McDonalds Happy meal toy, not a proper MP. And all the photos of Piper show him leaning forward, braced at hips, knees, ankles to stay upright. He's going to be a bitch to pose upright.
    What are the chances that Pipes backpack will be able to fold up like Huffs as an alternate transformation?

• Like Like x 1
  7. porkchop123

porkchop123 Well-Known Member

Glad I did not get rid of my V1 Huff. I will pick up Pipes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JBrock

JBrock Well-Known Member

Well I had sold off my Huff in anticipation of the new 2.0 and I'm regretting that decision now. Being a big BC fan, it never crossed my mind that this would be a step backwards from toon accuracy. Disgruntled customer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I imagine there will be a number of V1's going up on eBay over the next few months, probably pretty heavily discounted. Unfortunately folks will have to take a gamble on the paint, just like with the original purchase. At least this time around you should be able to have a look at photos of the actual figure you'll be getting?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm interested in Pipes and like the realistic alt modes as well.

Every picture of Pipes from the cartoon to the comic shows a full truck cab on his back. Look at the side window if you're unsure. The cab is just a different shape from this figure (and poorly drawn).

To combat this they could put a hinge below the windshield to allow the windshield and everything above the doors to tilt back. Have the upper rear of cab and everything above the doors to sink below the door line.
    This would allow a more toon looking silhouette with a windshield that slants back, and would compact the backpack slightly.
    Just a thought for those who want that.

11. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some sort of cab collapse engineering would certainly hit the mark. The cab is indeed what's on his upper back, but some transformational effects happen to deform it a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    I have Cubex Huff and XTB Stax. I was never satisfied with Stax, too plain, too floppy, too cheap-feeling. So I welcome a replacement. Huff is also floppy, and the paint and sprue marks... but I still think it looks better than this new version overall. There will be plenty of time to get more info and form opinions and stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hellscream12345

Hellscream12345 One shall fall, you Prime!

Not selling v1, but I like realistic alt mode better because it gets along with my Takara MPs. Legs looks good now, can it carry mp-10 trailer without adding the pin and hole thing on the back of the legs? Pipe for sure.

14. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I preferred the look of the alt mode of v1, but who keeps their huffer in alt mode? Still looks alright in alt mode, just not as good. The important thing is that bot mode, damn nice compact collapsing backpack, really impressed. I also love the bigger gun he is getting. Honestly very excited for this, I really love the look. I just hope this will be better quality than say their Grump so I can transform / play with it without fear.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  15. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Some things are better
    Some things are not
    For the price I can't hack
    One more C-list bot

I'll work with what I have, though a bother
    Don't need new Huffer from another mother

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

These alt modes make me :cry 

17. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

While I prefer the toy style alt modes for these guys, the more I look at them the less it bothers me !!!
    More excited that I'll be able to get both in the one hit !!! Since I was oblivious back when huff was first released. This hobby really does give fans a second chance all the time !!
    And they do look great in bot mode. Really like pipes more for some reason! !

• Like Like x 1
  18. darkmoon76

darkmoon76 Well-Known Member

Supremely disappointed. CUBEX Huff Was better in every way except QC. That new cab is terrible. I have an extreme fondness for the G1 toy alt mode. This just makes it worse that I had a V1 Huff ordered, but it never got past customs. I guess I play the wait and watch game on ebay and see if I can find one that isn't disgustingly priced for a QC riddled toy.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get different strokes for different folks and all so if you like your MP alt mode to look G1 then ok. But if TT were to do an MP Huffer, Im pretty sure they would not make the alt mode look like G1 toy/cartoon.

20. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

I may pick up huffer but really I couldn't care less about pipes. Always thought he looked ridiculous with a full truck can just hanging off of him.