Badcube Huff 2.0 and Brawny reissue

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 2003 Megatron, Apr 19, 2016.

1. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    Badcube replied to my comment on facebook stating reissue of brawny is after Huff 2.0. What do you guy's think of this news? My Huff is clear coated so no issue's with his paint flaking off. And I had to sell off my Brawny a little while back and regret it. I can't find even on overpay/ebay.

And Huff 2.0 would have to have some pretty improvements for me to buy it. My current huff looks pretty good and looks like g1 huff to me. I don't know how much better they can do? I have no doubt it will be better, but maybe not enough for me to justify to buy it. We shall see.

2. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    This is awesome! I would really like a bc huff with all the fixes!

3. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Totally agree. Best design, by far, of all the figures they have released thus far.

4. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

I'm gonna need that huff.

As much as v2 huff is exciting, I imagine another run of brawny with experience from wardog and sunsurge will pay dividends with a 2nd version also

Unfortunately I'm not chasing updated versions.... Exception being replacing a krank with a huff. And there was those new seekers I goT..... the Fanstoys variants. And all the mp10 ko's

But upgrading brawny is definitly probalably not going to happen....

5. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Haha, should've waited out for v2 Huff. The paint on mine seems to be holding out but his tolerances are lousy and he feels fragile. I'd be interested in an Outback if he gets reissued too. Hope the prices will be less than first run ...

Now if XTB will just re-do Wheelie.

6. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

Given that I have (and love) Brawny and Backland I am stoked about Huff 2.0. With that being said though, I had a heck of a time trying to get my hands on Brawny and Backland 8 months ago so there is obviously a demand.

7. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't own either and would be interested in both but need to know if this is a straight re-issue or if BC will be updating or tweaking the figures? Both are a few years old now and MP style and design has progressed a lot in the last two years alone.
    I guess Huffer can get away with it as he was always a kind of wonky looking guy even in the toon - he always seemed to be a less sophisticated physical design in the show so he can get away with it. As long as QC is dramatically improved.
    But I'd like Brawny tweaked to modernise his design a bit. Better joints, improved articulation, some BC transformation wizardry.
    Especially as XTB is going hard and fast on mini-bots as well and that group shot they revealed a while ago had two land-rovers suggesting Brawn and Outback. XTB has quality issues but they usually nail the look, so competition may make BC do some improvements?

8. duttry98

duttry98 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was fortunate to get my hands on a Brawny recently when Toydojo found that small inventory of them, no need there. As for the Huff..., eh, maybe. Krank has really begun to grow on me. It would have to be a hella impressive piece in order for me to drop loot for a figure that I already have a nice representation of.

9. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    I'm glad you like krank. But Huff to me if the far better G1 huff. I do have Stax for g1 pypes. Which I think he is great for. Very happy to have him and that mold for that character.

10. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    My Huff is still in perfect condition, but I dread the thought of finding the paint flaking one day. I pretty much don't touch it at all and it's one of the very few figures that I've only transformed once.

11. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

Can those of us who bought v1 get a rebate or something?

12. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

Amen, brother. Amen.

Never seen anyone/company do this, but it seems like the noble(?) thing to do. If a customer was one of your earliest supporters and bought your first product, it feels like one should get a discount or whatever to compensate for making the first figure obsolete in their collection.

13. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    LOL good question.

My Huff is fine, but I don't want to take any chances, so I'm all for the reissue.

14. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they wont mess with the sculpt or the transformation..All they need to do is better materials,tolerances and paint

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime!

Ebay:
    Personally not interested in Huff (but glad for those looking for him!) and I already have Brawny, but what about Backland? I still haven't found him at a reasonable price on the secondary market. Any word of a reissue for Backland?

16. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would speak to people on the boards here and work out a deal. The two pack of Brawny and Backland is generally available but most people only want Brawny. I'm sure someone would split the cost and the pack with you. I'd do it myself but I'm in Australia so it's probably too hard to sort out.

17. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

Means I can hold off on their Sunstreaker for a reissue. Huff transformation is pretty awesome, but I wouldn't mind improvements.

18. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

Over a rebate too.:) 

19. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    There is no U.S retailers that have brawny and backland 2 packs. And not even Robotkingdom. All sold out.

20. greatcthulu

greatcthulu Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. They need to fix it, not redo him.