Bad trade deals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sarmick01, May 22, 2011.

1. sarmick01

sarmick01 Well-Known Member

Hi there everyone, I've been on here for a bit doing the B/S/T thing and I gotta tell ya, it's getting worse as time goes by. I've been ripped off now at least 3 times that I can remember and 2 are ongoing as of now. I am on the Hybrid Prime train and was taken for a box of Beast Wars stuff by a guy named Scarecrow. WTF is up with people these days?

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This probably goes in bst feedback. Best thing to do is check the feedback threads. Also if they ask for a MO or check you put that risk out there.

3. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Beast

The sole reason I don't do trades on here anymore is because of the Hybrid Prime disaster, to put it simply. The best way to protect yourself is to pay with paypal (while not using the gift option) that way if the guy tries to burn you, you will have some extra coverage and paypal can pay you back. That happened to me on ebay, the bum never sent my legends Iron Man figure, so I started a dispute and got my $25 back.

4. sarmick01

I don't use the gift option anymore, unless I know the person. I guess what really upsets me the most is the fact that it is getting more frequent. At first it was once in 6 months to a year, now it's 2 in the last 2 months. Are people really that hard up to do this kind of thing? It makes it harder and harder to want to deal with anyone anymore.

5. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

This. I'll still do trades with people I've dealt with but new guys have to ship first from now on. I now take feedback, avg. posts per day count, posts, TFW supporter all into consideration. If activity is low, chances are I'm not gonna trade. Also, if you look at me sales, I no longer accept gifts as a payment on paypal.

Whats eman! I saw you at NJCC!

6. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Beast

You did? Did you stop by my table?? I knew I made a sign that showed I was from TFW, I just don't know how many of you guys noticed. Getting back on topic, those are some good points you mentioned, I'll only trade from now on if its someone I know, and only sending money through paypal as non-gifted.

7. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    Hybrid Prime Disaster?

8. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

As in Hybrid Prime keeps making deals with people to trade this for this and when they send the item Hybrid doesn't

What about someone who doesn't post all the time(like me) but is always perusing the forums?

9. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Beast

Wrong choice of words on my part?

10. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry about you being involved with the Hybrid Prime fiasco. It angers me to see fellow fans being conned at the level that this is happening. I can tell you that they are a small minority and there are plenty off good sellers here in TFW2005.

11. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Beast

I actually wasn't involved in what happened, but I was following all the events from the beginning to what it is now. I haven't been a member here for all that long but its by far one of the worst scams I've heard of, I hope he gets whats coming to him.

12. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Well there are still the other factors to consider. I think the gist was that I'm gonna be alot more careful these days.

13. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

I really enjoy buying selling and trading here and what stinks that Hybrid Prime not only rips a bunch of people off but he has now created an atmosphere of distrust among members.

14. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I was approached by Hybrid Prime, but thankfully I don't trade high-dollar amounts (I like cash) and he was a real asshole when I told him that.

It does suck when someone comes in and creates that much distrust, but everyone needs to keep in mind that there are plenty of sellers here that are class acts. Sancho has the right idea with forcing buyers to take the additional protection that comes with paypal, and I'm trying to think of ways to make my potential buyers feel comfortable while at the same time keeping prices as low as possible (because sometimes 150+ feedback isn't enough).

15. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I kinda get vibes from people here too so being active on the boards helps as well. For instance if sanchomaul ever sells something at a good price that I want I wouldn't hesitate (of course going paypal). Now if Joe bob with 3 posts and a membership from 2003 sells the same thing it's an auto skip for me.

16. sarmick01

I really like trading too and up until now I was ok with it but now I'm going to be ALOT more cautious when proposing trades.

17. GrandMaXimus

GrandMaXimus Party in my tummy!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    So far, I've been pretty lucky in terms of B/S/T here. the only thing I got scammed was 2 commissions by streetwise88. That was over 2 years ago and he only showed me 2 progress pics.

18. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

If they have an avatar, a signature, and some posts outside of their B/S/T thread, I'll deal with them. I often don't even look at threads that don't meet those requirements.

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to agree that all sales and trades are subject to disappointment. With that said, do your homework and trade with or sell only to members you 'know'. Whether anyone agrees with my opinions or not, they still know I'm a consistent member and an honest person.

20. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I'm here buddy! Check my sales often!!:thumb 

On another note, I did get burned once before. I sent a money order for $13 for an energon dlx prime. It must have gotten lost in the mail so the guy said. It wasnt even worth the trouble.