bad toys...bad!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by eyeballkid, May 30, 2007.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

This movie better be good...cause the toys look like shite! Who the hell is accurate in scale with ANYBODY else? Price points in a transformer MOVIE toy line is so fucking stupid...! Soltice bigger than a camero? Bonecrusher? WTF? Barricade is a joke!

No thank you! Megatron is beyond retarded...I like voyager prime enough to maybe buy him...thats it!

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Substitute Leader Prime for Voyager Prime and you have pretty much said what I think

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Well, to be fair, scale has ALWAYS been an issue in TF toy lines. Every single one. So I don't know why we should start complaining now.

It would be nice though, if they made a bit more of an effort to maintain some semblance of scale in the movie TFs. But there may be a method to the madness... considering how wildly disparate the sizes are, it seems like if you mix certain figures from certain size classes, you -could- in theory end up with at least one full set of mostly accurate sized figures.

Granted, I think most of the Autobots would have to be tiny Legends class figures. And considering that Deluxe BB and Jazz would have to be in the same class, it does seem weird that the solstice is so much bigger than the camaro.

I'm thinking that needs to be the next horizon for Transformers... a full line of TF's that actually ARE scaled accurately to each other. Now that licensing of real vehicles has been re-introduced, it could happen.

(I know Alternators fits this description, but I mean a full range of vehicles... not just consumer cars)

zmog

4. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

A man with reason!

5. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

Eh, I don't care about scales. The toys are fun, and that's all that matters. For me, anyway.

6. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    wah wah WAH wah wah wah

... anyone ever watch Charlie Brown? Good stuff.

7. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Great well thought out contribution...thanks! The chinese factory owners commend you good sir!

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    With only one price point and/or everything in scale, Hasbro wouldn't make much money.

9. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I know that..and i dont care!... I want scale movie robots dammit!

10. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I think my bigger problem with them is the designs. I mean look at the "Hands" on the Decpticons, the thing that the put on swindle instead of a head, Starscream looks like he's constantly taking a dump, and Megatron is just pure garbage.

But that just means I have more money to spend on 25th Anniv Joes

11. IronhideTF

IronhideTF Give Stare Over There.-->

I agree, The toys are really fun, I mean what can be funner than machines transforming into machines, sounds wierd but its FUN!

12. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    We already saw that they're doing Starscream and Brawl (the biggest characters) as Leader-class figures later and we've seen Voyager Megatron and Prime, I think that puts most figures in better scale. Who's to say we wont see a Voyager Bonecrusher to even it out?

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I don't think leader SS was ever confirmed, though it'd be nice to see.

Anyways, I have to completely and utterly disagree with every single thing the TC said in this topic.

14. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Actually as far as scale goes, it could be a lot worse.

Take a look at G1 Galvatron standing next to Trypticon or Metroplex. Cus that scale is so much better than the movie scale.

Rid seemed to be fairly in scale though.

BW didnt even seem to try, just chuck all the soldiers in Deluxe, and bump the leaders up to ultra. Nobody will notice that Dinobot was bigger than Primal.

Armada/Energon/Cybertron seemed pretty inscale though, except with Cybertrons Giant Planet guys and Primus.

The movie has a couple of crappy scale choices, Bonecrusher being the worst (hooray for leader Brawl), but considering how minor Bonecrusher seems to be in the film, its not really a surprise.
    That said, I would so buy a Voyager Bonecrusher.

EDIT: Also, Blackout is terrible scale-wise, smaller than Ratchet WTF?

15. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

That's the one thing I'm really pissed off at so far. That guy deserves a supreme.

16. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The pricepoint/assorment system that Hasbro uses for TFs has roots as far back as Beast Wars. They're not going to change 11 years of product designation for a toy line that last 6 months. Jazz is by far the smallest character in the movie, sure they could ship it as a toy smaller than a deluxe, but retailers push for assortments so what other toys would it ship with?

On top of which, there's a limited amount of characters in the movie, but Dexlue assorments have traditionally been quite large. It's because of those two factors that Bonecrusher has been demoted to a deluxe, and Jazz has been promoted to a deluxe.

I'd like to have seen most of the Decepticons at a larger scale too, but Hasbro have quite clearly decided the market won't support it. Three leader class toys and an Ultimate class toy is already quite ambitious.

You said it.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Welcome once again to the latest in "Me hates it!" threads! Sure it looks like all the other "Me hates it!" threads, but this one has an Eyeball on top! ;) 

18. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I was about to say the same thing.

Look eyeballkid, if you don't like the scale of the movie toys, or the toys in general, or the movie itself, that's YOUR opinion. But please, in the future (and this goes for everyone here), let's not make any more "I HATE THIS MOVIE" threads. The movie's not out yet, so get over it. It's really pissing me off that some members here seem to think that they know the movie will suck. Hell, I used to be one of them, but at least I keep my opinions to myself.

19. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Transformers have never really been concerned with scale. You need. . . imagination. It seems some fans have less than others. To me Metroplex will always be as big as a city, and Fortress Maximus (a Metropolis) needs to go sub-orbital to have the space to transform.

20. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    I wondered what this thread reminded me of. ;)