Bad Religion: New Maps Of Hell

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shin-Gouki, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    So like always I picked up the new Bad Religion Disc today, the day it was released. Just like the 2 albums before it BR is Firing on all 8 on this one. Great disc throughout, mainly their trademark fast and furious in your face punk rock mixed with harmony, with a few Radio Friendly songs mixed in.

While I do not agree with all of the themes in the album, as always they put forward their point of view in a way that is clear and not blatantly inflammatory like some of their contemporaries like to do.

All in all this continues BR on the road started by "The Process of Belief" with them reestablishing themselves at the top of real, non-emo bullshit, Indi Punk Rock.

2. Numlock

Numlock Starving Artist

Day or two ago I posted up they were letting the world have a taste of the new album on their myspace page... don't think there's too many Bad Religion fans on the boards... :) 

Picked it up today, new album is solid... best songs, "New Dark Ages" & "Heroes and Martyrs"... ((IF YOUR'RE READING THIS AND DON'T HAVE THE ALBUM, go to www.myspace.com/badreligion and check it out, HEARING IS BELIEVING!!)) the rest of the tracks are pretty damn good but those two stood out immediately. Yup, the new life they picked up on "Process of Belief" and followed up with "Empire Strikes First" continues here... possibly my favorite era of BR (although if Suffer/No Control/Against the Grain had this kinda sound quality they'd be INTENSE... Brooks Wackerman EATS Pete Finestone on the drums ALIVE as well)

Probably gonna pass on BR on Warped Tour as I'd rather see a full set, them headlining... they do a GREAT live show! The old dogs can't be beat. Now just eagerly awaiting a new album by Pennywise and this and that'll satisfy my inner punk rock thirst for '07.

10/10 ='s Empire > Suffer > Grain > Process > Fiction > Control > NEW MAPS > Grey > Generator > No Substance > Recipe > New America ='s 7/10

3. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I thought you boycotted Empire Strikes First?

I didn’t realize it came out today, will have to pick it up.

4. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    No I still picked it up. BR is a band I'll support, and since they are on an Indi lable I'll buy their CDs. That and in Retrospect the parts of Empire I had issues with are handled with the usual BR tact, unlike say Green Day

5. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Don't start bagging on my local boys now. :p 

6. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    Hey I loved their stuff Pre-Dookie

7. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ya, I liked there old stuff more to. But I thought they stepped it up artistically with American Idiot and teaming up with members of DEVO to form the Network made me fall in love with them all over again.

8. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

Deffinatly picking this up at some point this week, new bad religion is not a bad thing

9. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

Man I never bought "The Empire Strikes First" because I was getting out of BR and punk rock at the time(used to be my favorite band). I really really really wish I hadn't sold all of their cds, as I did own "Suffer" through "The Process of Belief". Dammit.

I still have a copy of "Into the Unknown" that I made from downloading the songs, since the bastards hate their own album so much. God I love it. "The Dichotomy" is still one of my favorites. It's like BR meets Pink Floyd. Genius.

Now I'm really wanting to hear the new album and Empire, and maybe I'll start picking up their old albums here and there again. Especially since "How Could Hell Be Any Worse" is on cd now.

10. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    Get them back, especially since "How Could Hell Be Any Worse" through "Generator" are all available Remastered with Extras.

11. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Mmm. New Bad Religion. I love there stuff, even if I dont agree with about half the things they tend to 'preach' about in their songs.:D  It's not often you get that degree of musical talent in a punk band and their lyrics (even though I dont often agree with them) are clever and intelligently written.