Bad Nights...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tyjos, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Twitter:
    Well I think I had one last night, couldn't sleep after midnight due to my mother being up working. Tried to get back to sleep but couldn't cause my brain wouldn't stop thinking....feels like my head went through a depression or something....thinking regulary, then getting fed up with it all, then trying to get myself back to my normal fair in the middle [Not insane, but not totally sane but split evenly down the middle]

Sigh...I swear it must be this house we live in I cannot sleep up to 3am [that's even with Tylenol PM that normally knocks me out pretty good] cause the darned Fed Ex Jets flying low over our house. I live under the Glidepath of Memphis International Airport so there is a ton of jets flying out....

Last couple of weeks I've been kinda grouchy due to getting woken up by the jets even though we've lived here about 2 years since our last move....

Anyone else have bad nights that make you wonder if you're still sane?

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hope things look up for you man :(  Are you 21, maybe drink one beer at night for sleep.

It's about 44 degrees outside here

3. Sideways

Sideways Banned

I get nights like that man. My house is supposedly haunted. ( saw my closet door open and slam close.)
    I usually drink 2 or 3 beers before I head to bed.

4. Tyjos

Twitter:
    I'm 24 actually.....

Just weird thing is seems around this time of year I never can sleep that well....worrying about too much things I guess that keeps my brain awake at night.

But eh, I'm sure once 2009 rolls around I'll probably be back to my old self....

Probably just the usual holiday stress that everyone gets around this year....

Still working on getting my sleeping habits back on a schedule....not drinking as much soda as I have been...[maybe it's probably with drawl from soda affecting my head too]

As for drinking beer....no way for me....I'm one of those people who like to stay in control...so I probably will never end up drinking beer in my life....

5. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I sleep in the basement. If I could buy a bomb shelter I would live in that, I would. Sensory Deprivation is the best.

My next house I am going to get one with a nice basement and make it the master suite and super-insulate and soundproof it. And then I will sleep there.

And don't worry about beer Tyjos... Losing control is what 'people' do. Beer doesn't do it to you. If you are responsible and take care of yourself, you are not going to begin doing out of control things on beer. People who get out of control are already irresponsible and usually assholes and have very little self control when sober and being drunk just exacerbates it. And they can blame the beer for thier own poor decisions.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ear plugs. They work wonders. Been using them for over a year. I live right in a fly over zone and I hear nothing with them in. I have the alarm loud enough that I can hear it go off. Also, think about adding extra insulation to the room.

7. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

Buy a air purifier, have it running on max. All that white noise will put you right to sleep. Plus that fresh air.

8. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

You live by "Westside story"? All that snapping and dance "fighting" would keep up and drive me crazy too...

[​IMG]

9. Bat Trap

Bat Trap Makes the Pie Higher

I have night like that every now and then. Generally I try to stay in bed til 4:30 or 5. I find taking a hot shower, doing some exercise, and reading a book are helpful if you feel restless. If I've done all that, and I'm still lying with my eyes open at 5, I just get on up. No point in trying to sleep at that point. I'll just need to nap some the next day. I get up, click on the TV and see what's on, get some coffee, get a comic book, and surf the net. Not being able to sleep is rough, but if you can't sleep you might as well have fun.

10. Tyjos

Twitter:
    Well funny you should mention comic books I just got a a dozen or so in mail I pull out a TPB or two when I can't sleep...that works most of the time to help me run down my energy...and with the room the way it is [mentally re-arranging and moving stuff around all the time] sometimes I get up and move things around...though I have to be pretty quiet since my mother has cat like hearing....

11. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Me and the wife keep a box fan running year round. Started doing it years ago as a means to get cool air from the AC in another room into our room. Now, we can't sleep if its not on.

12. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

My house seems to amplify outside noises. Someone on the street behind me plays their freakin music all night long and the police won't do shit about it.

13. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Interesting. I didn't realize drinking a beer = the inability to control oneself.

14. Sideways

Sideways Banned

If you drink a case of beer, then maybe you'll lose control.

15. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Talk to your doctor about anxiety meds. That should help you with your worrying. Other than that, buy some ear plugs so you don't hear the jets.

16. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Sorry, but when you're a jet: you're a jet!

17. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Why would you ever not want to hear the Jets?

YouTube - The Jets - Crush on You (1986)

18. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Beer smells like shit and probably tastes like it too. :thumbdown 

Stay sober 4 life.

19. shortround

shortround Banned

my dad drives up and down memphis towing fed ex trucks all the time

20. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    My worst series of nights were five sleepless nights in 1990. My dad was dying and I was so worked up that I didn't sleep for five nights. By day 3 I was hallucinating someone walking behind me everywhere. Day 4 I was seeing mice running everywhere. On the morning of day 5, a Care Bear walked into the waiting room of the intensive care unit where I was waiting for news on my dad and told me that it was "Time for beddy-bye."