Bad Movie Beatdown: ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by Paladin, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  2. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm...

I'll wait until Red Letter Media reviews it.

3. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ah yes the typical bi curious I don't hate this yet I don't like this movie kind of review.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Holy fuck, I've been calling him "Film Brian" this whole time.

5. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Can't wait for part 2. I'm fond of Film Brain's reviews.

6. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  7. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Much like Noah Antwiler's review from 2 years ago, I agree with every single word he says here. Every. Single. Word. Fail on so many levels.

I apologize again if you liked it. But these reviews perfectly map out everything wrong with them.

8. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

Loved the review, but the things I don't agree with...

- He said that the movie "shamelessly copycatted" Optimus' death. If he knew more about Transformers he would know that every single incarnation has done that since...well, forever.

- I didn't think Anthony Anderson or Bobby B were morally dubious at all.

- WHY THE SLAG WOULD YOU TAKE DOWN THE POSTER FOR THE FIRST MOVIE???? NOOOOO!!!!!!!

9. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The twins weren't racist. They were meant to be youth. Young people regardless of race act like! Also they aren't illiterate, they were asked to read an ancient language. Wheelie is no created in the kitchen he is a Decepticon spy.

He fails on several facts. Yes the movie is a mess. But at least get the facts right.

10. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Was Wheelie even created from the Allspark? I don't believe there is any evidence of that apart from showing up a few minutes after the Kitchen scene.

No offense to anyone, but is there anyone black who is offended by this?

11. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    No offense, but I think that you're wrong here. Bay even said to Tom Kenny and Reno Wilson to talk like they'd learned English from hip-hop videos. And there is no way all youth talk like that....not even close.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    ...Sigh.
    "They're offensive."
    "Almost as bad as blackface".
    Wiping yourself with the towel of overstatement there, smiler. I can't even stomach the thought of watching the rest of this.
    What an intensely annoying little wannabe-hipster twatbag you've dug up here. It wouldn't matter if I agreed with his laughably overstated opinions or not, he's so amazingly annoying that his "review" (such as it is) would be improved immeasurably if a car suddenly rammed through the wall of his house and pinned him to his webcam.
    Oh.
    And.
    [​IMG]
    Are we learning yet?
    The more stupid elements do. I see them all the time. They think it makes them look cool.

13. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Also, the guys who actually wrote the film protested the racist depictions of the Twins.

So...to say that they were written and conceived without any awareness of race is flat out wrong. When the writers themselves protested it because of the racial implications, you can't really say that the production staff was totally innocent or unaware of how the characters would appear.

Learning would imply both a desire to learn and a desire to address issues instead of ignoring them because they're uncomfortable. This comic strip encourages neither. It also doesn't really understand the purpose of language. If his opinion had any merit, we wouldn't be able to use most adjectives at all. The moron would also say that the word "smelly" means that all of humanity would have to believe something has an unpleasant odor. Or that all of humanity would have to believe that something "large" is big. Or that something "tasty" tastes good. Please. That's not how words work.

Since when does calling something "offensive" means that you claim everyone is offended? I'm pretty sure never. It's easy to appear intelligent when your entire argument rests on a fact that you just made up.

Here's the definition of offensive:

Doesn't say anything about all of humanity being offended. The jackass writing this strip has no idea what words mean. He's constructing imaginary definitions to support his claim. On some planet, they may be accurate. Unfortunately for him, we live on the planet earth.

Just think about it for a second, it's asanine. The writer is trying to claim conventional wisdom, but it's just about as close to conventional ignorance as you can get. All the biggest dumbasses in American society feel the same way he does. They believe that if you can find an exception to a rule, or if everybody doesn't agree on something, it's universally false. What makes his total hypocrisy all the more hysterical is that he insists he's settling something "once and for all!" with his one dumbass opinion. You don't get twattier than that, not even in a lifetime of gynecology.

"Well, I'm not offended by the Jim Crowe laws, so clearly, they are not offensive."
    "Look, my black friend that occasionally rides the bus with me wasn't offended, so clearly it's not offensive."
    "Scientists mis-classified a fossil, so clearly evolution is a lie."

Same line of reasoning. Different idiots.

If you believe his philosophy, welcome to the 1950's. You don't need 1.21 jigawatts of electricity, just a crapload of self-centered ignorance, and a lack of empathy for other people.

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    damn film brain, i started to watch this review and he got so many facts wrong that damn i just had to shut it off, he is complaining just to complain

15. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

The Baddest movie beatdown well are we refering to all Continuities or Action Live Movies?

Well in G1 we have The Shuttle Attack and in ROTF well Optimus Prime getting ripped by Megatron

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No he didn't. They came up with their jive talk all themselves, which promted Reno Wilson to be surprised that he was apparently racist to himself.

17. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I do enjoy this guy's reviews, but he made far too many errors here:

--Wheelie was not made by the Allspark. Nothing in the film even hinted at his origins. He even plainly said that he was a "salvage scrap drone".

--Optimus Prime dies in pretty much every TF continuity. It's hardly "ripping off the old movie just to give the fanboys a boner" and his revival is not "Bay not having the balls to kill of a main character" (that would probably be up to Hasbro, really).

--The Twins are not racist. Why is this still an issue? Oh right, because he needed something to seal this movie as ungodly terrible.

--He apparently missed Jetfire being described as an ancient Seeker that explained his teleportation powers (not to mention The Fallen did it later), and Jetfire's explanation of it being a better way to travel. Plus, why would you fly four people in a cramped SR-71? That's just downright silly.

He hit the rest of the points spot-on, though. It really seemed to me like he was trying to bring up every little thing he could to stress the badness of the film (which, admittedly, is what he usually does).

Oh, well. Hopefully Dark of the Moon will be better (at least, if the novel is any indication, the plot will be decent).

18. Lord_Starscream

Lord_Starscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am sorry , but this guy is horrible .
    Even from the start, why turn Prime from Robot to Truck only to go from Truck to Robot (Over use of Special Effects)? Gee I wonder if it has something to do with the fact he can drive faster as a truck, then he can run as a robot .
    From then on he just rolled down hill for me .

19. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    To quote Film Brain: "SYMBOLISM!"

Funny, he's not that annoying to me. But then again, I'm not the butt who actually wishes the kid was dead.

Yes, how dare he have an opinion-based review! /sarcasm

20. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Updated! Tom Kenny Says Skids and Mudflap return for Transformers 3, Evidence Says No.

Direct quote:

"Were you surprised at the response to those characters?

TK: I was, yeah. Because I wasn’t thinking about it. Me and the other actor – Reno Wilson – we went in there and the director said that the characters mindset was informed by watching Bad Boys and old hip hop videos. They’re wanna-be gangsters. So we just did it. I would say there were some lines where I would say “Michael, are you sure?” and he would say “Yeah, it’s fine.” And then there was this minor shitstorm, but then Michael Jackson died, which took some of the heat off. Michael took one for the team."