Bad luck moments threads.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bignick1693, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:

That's not bad luck, that's a freaking NIGHTMARE.

Did anything ever come of it? Find the perp? Get insurance money to start over?

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Tru shelves are full of f.o.c toys. No shockwaves.

3. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I'm paranoid now... That's beyond bad luck though and if you had the entire Victory line that's way more than a couple thousand just there................

4. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

I have a few. Will start with the weakest. Bought Generations Darkmount and opened it. Didn't get around to transforming it till the next day. Found his head wasn't included and my wife had tossed the receipt the night before, and today was garbage day.

Received G1 Megatron as a Christmas present in 1st Grade. My first Transformer (or should have been). When I opened it the gun barrel was broken off in the package. Transformers were the hot item that year and the snows were bad that year where I lived, so my parents were not able to return it for two weeks. No Megatrons left. Got Soundwave and never saw Megatron in a store again.

This year at Botcon bought MP-10 for $275.00. An hour later Hasbro announced the US version, complete with a trailer, all accessories, and what looks to be an equal or better paint job for likely $100.00 USD. Didn't find out until later that afternoon, AFTER I opened him and transformed him. Still love the figure though.

5. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I wish I could trot out a aseop of how the perp was caught and I received full monetary value for the loss of my collection but...
    YEah, I'm not that lucky. The thief was never caught and my insurance decided to be staffed by @##H0!# and after a legal NIGHTMARE about the 'supposed' value of my collection (even ones I'd had 'graded' as collectors items and the like-Victory and Masterforce mostly)
    Oh they were just plastic toys... oh I know you have multiple pictures, some of which we already had on file, and the like but obviously you didn't really own them... etc
    Basically I got s#it in return, not even 1000 in total... and most of THAT was for the china... which was bloody BONE china and worth more than 1000 on it's own.
    Needless to say after I got what I could from them, I switched insurance companies.

Basically... bad day to be an Alteron Sheng. :S
    For the most part I've adjusted to the change, especially the loss of my G1 range, and Rodimus collection, as they were mostly sentimental and display... the kitbash collection really hit hard though, as I'd spent days to months (to over a year on one or two) on them and was very proud and played with them often.
    However it's like a sore tooth, I'll be a happyfan and then I'll go 'oh hey I should take a picture of my Victory set standing behind my growing kitbash Victory set, that'd look AWES... wait...

I do hope that no one ends up having luck as bad as mine, with whole collections being lost... things like people grabbing hard to get items (like those two vehicons, OUCH, that woulda been a bad day) or finding that an item that I loved displaying was damaged... well that's stuff we've all had happen and probably what the thread was intended for.

At least I'm not the only one who bought some FoC toys online RIGHT before the re-release was announced!! I actually feel better about doing that now that I know I'm not the only one (sorry)

6. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Bad luck.... huh.... Nothing that compares to the "Entire TF collection + Inherited Fine China Stolen or Destroyed"

My Wreck-Gar's Handlebar broke off (anyone that owns the RTS Wreck-Gar knows how this happened) Though I was able to fix it and even "Remedy" the problematic tabs before the other one went, too. Now the hands are starting to show stretch marks and I'm afraid to stick his Axe in his hands.

My Energon Scorponok's Arm broke off (he was one of my favorites, too.) and I wasn't able to fix it (We were moving and my Super Glue was packed away, so I couldn't fix him so he ended up in the trash) I don't even think I would have been able to fix Scorponok's arm due to how much weight it bears in robot mode.

Trying to transform my G1 Sunstreaker, I didn't realize at first his feet pulled out sideways during transformation, so now my Streaker has unsightly gouges on his legs/sides.

7. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Had a hard time hunting down DotM Darksteel that was eventually gifted to me (I never found it personally). When I finally opened it, it turned out the Mechtech port on one side was drilled a bit too large and the Mechtech weapon wouldn't stay in thanks to the spring covering the hole.

At least the other two ports work fine, but it looks so awkward when the dud port is on the side of the car.

8. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    My HFTD leader Prime broke twice. He snapped in half, then one of his gas tank panels snapped off.

God, I suck.

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    My leader ROTF Optimus had his back panel break off...

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I think that's what I meant by gas tank panel. It's the panel that pulls out and swivels, right? They make the side of the truck?

11. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Broke an advance release Arms Micron sent to me from Japan. But it is not bad luck, more like stupidity...I made an error while assembling it. Good thing I never tried building DMK-01 :redface2:  Now I'll have to get a replacement later this month.