Bad luck moments threads.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bignick1693, Jul 12, 2012.

1. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    This is basically a thread is a bad luck Brian moment thread. They must be real and actually happen to you.

This week for me

Get first edition voyagers and live in America / hasbro Plans to rereleases first edition figures in America.

2. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I know that feel. I just got my Bulkhead on Monday, and now I'll be able to get another one for 1/3 the price. He's still worth the money.

Another bad thing that happened was when I was trying to transform my Hun-Grrr figure last year and one of the legs snapped off. The damn ratchet joint was too tight.

3. crazyjeffy

crazyjeffy Hammertastic

Got AM-12 Breakdown and his neck snapped. Fitting for the character, though. The ball part of the joint disappeared so I had to stick a piece of plastic in his neckhole and glob'd it in the socket with glue. No head articulation, but at least he has a head.

4. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just paid for Asia exclusive Springer. Good price though, so no regrets if i get him early.

Bought a prid knock out with two right arms

5. CybertronStreak

CybertronStreak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got a Generations Thrust with two right legs

PCC Heavy Tread with a busted right leg joint.

United Tracks with a busted wing

Generations Warpath with a busted waist.

and the list goes on.

6. Deszaras79

Deszaras79 I ♥ Brickformers

7. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Animated Magnus doesn't get released in my country.

So i buy one from eBay. It turns up with dead electronics.

I buy another one. Turns up with dead electronics.

I buy a third one....Electronics work, but paints a mess, hammer is missing.

I literally bought a few GDO items about 5 hours before US release was announced.....but it worked out about as cheap as it was cost me to get them in Nov/Oct anyway.

8. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    On Generations Wreck-Gar- well, you can probably guess what happened to him.

The first time I was transforming DOTM Ironhide part of his rear bumper broke off. Fortunately, it's rater small and looks enough like battle damage.

9. bazinga66

bazinga66 Well-Known Member

Went to walmart saw the new wave of Prime figures out, but no Vehicon
    a couple isles over in the Hotwheels section, see the reason, a fat F**K in sweatpants has four in his cart.

10. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Should have thrown a burger to distract him then take one.

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bought some accessories for my G1 Overlord and all is well, a month later when removing the cannon from his back, the peg snaps off in the hole...

Superglued back together but I am never plugging it in anywhere again.

12. bazinga66

bazinga66 Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!! shoulda, but didn't think far enough in advance to bring a burger with me.

13. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A year or two ago, I came home from work and found the door gaping open. I checked the house and the upper floors were untouched...
    Downstairs was another story.
    Not only were dozens of items smashed and clothing ripped/slashed...
    90% of my transformers collection had been stolen and about 6% had been destroyed beyond recovery. (Also, my great grandma's china was stolen)

Included in that collection was various US G1 toys hard-to-impossible to get today, the entire Victory, and Masterforce toylines, various other Japanese exclusive toys.
    My Rodimus collection (every current rendition or tribute to the character).
    Various American and Japanese Beast Wars toys (about 81 in total, including exclusives like Transmetal Ravage and Neo/II toys)
    Over 60 'general' toys from the more modern eras... Armada to the movie toys.
    Over 200 microns... Yes, it was a stupidly insane number... Shush, I loved the microns and a friend in Japan had quit collecting and sent me his micron collection for a song and shipping.
    About 4 dozen 'to sell' toys that I had
    And Over 200 kitbashed toys made from the classics and similar lines, ranging from slight repaints to the extensive work I'd been doing on the Dinobots.

Almost all the kitbashed items that I've posted since joining were among the items destroyed or stolen. My Swoop, for instance had been yanked apart and stomped on and about half his parts were missing, most of Slag and Snarl were similarly gone. This is a big chunk of why I have not posted updates on my kitbashing (the toys are gone and thus I can't update them or the base figures are gone and I can't get started)

So yeah. That was my bad luck moment. A few thousand dollars worth of toys gone, plus heirlooms from my Great Gram.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  14. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    That is awful, dude. I'm sorry. Never found out who did it either I'm guessing. Did you at least get compensated from insurance or something?

15. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:

Damn, man, that royally sucks. Hopefully insurance covered the monetary loss, but it can never really make up for the sentimental loss (especially family heirlooms).

I had some bad luck moments with TF figures but they're really minor QC stuff (and one time mistaking a KO for the geniune article--lesson learned there) and pale in comparison to this.

16. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    needed universe acid storm to complete my classics seekers. found one on ebay for $14.99. Tracking said the package was at my house. got home...no package...filed a case with usps...still no package. 3 weeks later bid on 2 acid storms...win both by accident...pay for both. the following week...receive 3 acid storms in the mail...

17. Hothouse Prime

Hothouse Prime Not old... Just older.

I was gonna complain about seeing an elderly woman buying two vehicons "for her grandsons" at a Walmart, but that story about an entire collection being stolen really put it into perspective for me... Damn.

And Bossman, I'll take an Acid Storm off your hands =)

18. Blairimus2563

Blairimus2563 Commander

News Credits:
    A week ago I found my PRID Soundwave on the floor(He fell from a top shelve)I picked him up and immediately checked for damage,none.I came in my room an hour later to check something on the Internet and I found this blue little plastic tip.My Soundwave was on my desk and then I noticed the blue little plastic tip belonged to Soundwave's backpack

Not as bad as Alteron story though.Such bad luck.

19. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Order FOC Wave one for 58 bucks
    Find them at TRU a day before they arrive.

20. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    An hour before the rerelease was revealed, I ordered every single FE figure. This includes 4 Vehicons. :(