Bad experiences (or good) connected with TF shopping

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nez Pierce, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    I always associate the Cybertron repaints of Optimus Primal and BW Megatron with the day I got into an accident with a tractor trailer. They are a constant reminder of the brief fear and extreme good luck of that day.
    On a less happy note I associate Quickswitch with my father's near-fatal fall down a long flight of steps.
    Do any of you have experiences you can link with a particular figure? Naturally the figure wasn't the cause, but just a trigger, an unrelated trigger, bringing back a memory, good or bad.

2. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    not a feeling of terror or fear per say...but i had been hunting for the TRU exclusive darkwind ( the blue and purple silverbolt repaint) for weeks when he got released...took my sister out for her birthday at a mexican food place near TRU...on a impulse after lunch...hit the TRU one last time and VIOLA! ..they had one last one in stock...

That TF has alway brought back a nice warm feeling...Got myself a transformer on my sisters birthday.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cybertron Vector Prime was the last figure I got before I told my Ex-wife it was time to move our seperate ways.

4. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    ETA lol, just re-read the OP. FORGET EVERYTHING I SAID.

Kinda sad for a 21-year-old to admit, but whenever I watch television/a film with my parents, I always bring down an action figure to fiddle with, as I'm one of those people who can't sit still when watching stuff. (The cinema is a really bad experience sometimes, unless the film is extremely compelling, like Inception.) So a whole bunch of my Transformers are now directly linked with my favourite television programs. The most notable is TFA Blurr, who sits with me when we watch the BBC's new Sherlock series. (Last episode tonight, I'm going to howl my eyes out.)

Oh, and I had my TFM Legends Bumblebee in my pocket when my Grandma and Mum had a bad argument. He's sorta tainted by that now. :|

5. Medri Fogmatio

Medri Fogmatio Autobot

This happened recently.

Me and my friend were going to Toys R Us, he's a Star Wars Collector, I'm a Transformer one. It was a Monday, late afternoon. And we were just going there for shits and giggles, there usually never is anything good there, but we took a chance.

Low and behold they completely restocked the shelves to the point where it was brand new. I found Generations Thrust and Drift while he grabbed a few Star Wars Figures. It was totally unexpected to find all that stuff.