Bad Ebay Experience

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by frenzyrumble, Dec 4, 2007.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Just a heads up to fellow board users. Lately, I've been buying A LOT of TFs via Ebay. A few weeks ago, I paid a seller with PayPal, and 3 weeks went by, and I never got my item. I contacted her and she assured me it was sent, so I asked for a tracking number, which she did not have. a week later, she refunded my money, only to put me back at square 1.

I gave her neutral feedback. I waited a month, and she claims she sent the item (still not here, 4 weeks from pay date)

She retaliated by marking my account with negative feedback, calling me a scammer and liar and thief. Anyway, there is a claim now via ebay in support of my case vs. her, and I thought I would be considerate to warn other TF fans and buyers of this seller.

downthemineshaftyugo

2. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    I bought from that seller once, didnt have the problem you had but I remember thinking...* damn, don't buy from them again*

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    rofl, she's sending my gmail account threats of "getting me back" AND getting a lawyer to sue me for harassment.

loooooney

4. bullgates

bullgates Well-Known Member

The Ebay feedback system is broken beyond repair. I'm surprised everyone doesn't have 100%

5. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    how is it broken? I have to go through so much paperwork to get that looney's feedback off my profile.

6. bullgates

bullgates Well-Known Member

The fact that the seller holds your feedback ransom until you post something about them. Even if they do wrong and totally screw you over and you pay right away; chances are if you leave a negative feedback (which they deserved) they will give you a negative feedback.

The feedback should be done independent of one another's. Now it's just based on retaliatory positive and negative. You give a positive , you get a positive. You give a negative, you get a negative. Absolutely stupid.

In a perfect system this is how it would go down:

1. You pay for the item (let's assume right after auction)
    2. Seller is notified of that.
    3. Seller leaves feedback. (which the buyer is unable to see, keep reading)
    4. The buyer receives an email indicating the seller has left feedback
    5. At this time the feedback is unavailable to be seen by anyone except the seller
    6. Buyer receives item in perfect condition
    7. Buyer can now leave feedback for seller (keep in mind they can't see what the seller has left them for feedback yet.
    8. Once the buyer leaves feedback an email is sent to both parties notifying them that they can view feedback.

Important rule:
    The buyer can not leave feedback until the seller has left feedback which will remain hidden until after the buyer leave feedback. This would encourage the seller to leave feedback immediately unlike Ebay's system.