Customs: Background Display Idea

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by fawnheart2000, Jul 29, 2011.

1. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

Mar 28, 2011
    I know these are made more miniature RPG's and are based off a 1 inch scale, but I'm sure they'd be great for making backgrounds for displays. They are alittle expensive due to needing the mold ($29-$34+s&h), and the plaster (plaster of paris is cheap, but some of the dental plaster can get $$$).
    Basically it's a mold for blocks that you can glue together to make things out of. Mostly used for miniature gaming like D&D. I have some of the Gothic and Fieldstone molds, but haven't gotten into the Sci-Fi molds, yet. Think about making your own Lego, as many as you need. The molds are super durable, mine are 7+ years old and good as new. I thought someone might be interested in them.

Hirst Arts Mold Page

Home page for Hirst Arts:
    Also has a ton of tutorials and tips and tricks for scenery.
  2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

Sep 1, 2006
    News Credits:
    GREAT idea, but that's because I'm an old wargamer ;) 

TF toys are by and large ROOOOOUUUGHLY in 25MM scale anyway so this would be a great way to build a diorama with some real dimension!

I used a similar mold set back in the day that was castle-themed, but these sci-fi molds are just glorious!

Great link and great idea!