backed out from TFClub exgraver preorder

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by seali_me, Jun 30, 2011.

1. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

i pretty much did as well. too bad too sad for online retailers. TFclub should finally release the remaining figures.

from http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/423341-scalpers-hit-tfc-exgraver.html

speculations and rumours are floating around since TFclub is still sketchy about the last 2 bots

2. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They'll be coming and being previewed soon enough. My preorder is staying as is. BOUGHT!

- Gregg

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Meh, speculation and rumour. I'll keep going with these guys until I have some facts to go on which say I shouldn't.

4. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't understand why TFC wouldn't release the last two 'cons. 4 out of 6 is not only a huge investment for us, it's a huge investment for them. Keep in mind they only unveiled not-Scrapper in April, and not-Scavenger nearly 11 months ago in August (approximately).

Plus, if they are releasing them every other month, there's still 8 months of wiggle room.

5. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    This thread is absolutely pointless.

if you backed out that's your deal.

No need to post an entire thread about it.:dunce 

6. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Well It's not like they would want to release 4 and wouldn't want to release the last 2.

The theory of the worry is that:
    1.) There are problems with the design of Bonecrusher & Mixmaster
    and/or
    2.) Maybe there won't be enough of a return on the investment they've made in the first 4 to warrant doing the last 2. If you've made a huge investment and keep losing money, might be wise to stop.

I've gone back and forth on buying Exgraver a few times... a couple days ago I re-pre-ordered... still might cancel... but...?

7. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I canceled mine, too.

But I didn't feel compelled to make a thread about it.

Besides, with any luck there'll be a giftset out around tax time next year...

8. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

Ill sell you mine when they are all sold out for triple what I paid. I can see the crying thread now.

9. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    This is what I cannot stand. If he cancelled his order, who cares? Let him post, it's a free country.

But to say that people will be crying and the bs of selling at triple the price is a bit much.

I really sometimes don't understand this place. Most of the people I bought stuff from or dealt with here have been really cool. But then their are always people doing pissing contests and getting down on other people.

Here is the fact, both sides of this argument (or whatever you want to call it) are correct:
    1- For the people waiting to see all 6 figures, that is smart. The problem is, when the 6th figure is announced, you may have a chance of missing on the 1st.

2- For the people buying the figure now, that is smart. The problem is if TFC does screw up on the last two figures, then your out $400 if you bought all 4.

I just don't understand why people would have to get down on either of these people. This is what we will see in a couple of months:

1- OP: I cannot believe I missed out on the first 4 figures, now they are sold out.
    Replies: Sucks for you. You should have known better. You snooze you lose. I'll sell you mine for triple.

2- OP: I cannot believe TFC didn't release the last two figures. That sucks, I am out $400!
    Replies: Sucks for you. You should have known better. Maybe if you waited for reviews and to see all the figures like I did, you wouldn't have gotten screwed. If it make you feel better, I'll give you $10 for your figures.

I don't understand this thinking. I for one don't blame either party in the discussion and I wish most people would just lay off.

Having said that, I hope this thread forces TFC to show at least some Prototype images of the last two guys.

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I think the idea is that, its not a public decision; we have enough threads about people loving not-devy, people raging about the price, people about the height, people about not ordering, so why do we need individual threads about it? That's probably why some people came in here to share their 2-cents.

If each member post when they back out, or each member that preordered, post a thread about how they preordered, what else would we be seeing on the first 5 pages of the forum?

That's probably the reason.

That being said, the best way is really just to ignore the thread and let it sink,

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I canceled my order last week as well but moreso because I have limited funds and wanted to save up for the TF Prime toys.

If there's ever a giftset made with these guys I'll pick it up then. By that point reviews will have been made for all of them and I'll know for sure if it'll be worth spending that much on them or not.

12. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    The thread opener makes a good point! Since we havn't seen the Last 2 figures yet it might mean thier not happening.

Also I realized that since Arnold Schwarzenager hasn't announced that he'll be in Terminator 5 & 6, it's safe to assume that Robert Patrick Is coming to kick all of us in the balls.

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'm sticking with my pre-order. I mean, I obviously want Devastator and that's the only reason I even started investing in this TFC product, but I'm curious about Exgraver's quality and how they engineered it, even if the last two are never revealed or released.

14. kavemon3

kavemon3 Well-Known Member

Based off of what I have seen from the designs of the 4 figures, I'll stick with my pre-order.

15. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I'm sticking with mine - if he sucks, I just won't go for the rest of them.

16. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

maybe a gift set would be better.

its for interweb points. the one thing in life that really counts.

alucard77 read my mind with his post. i didn't want to say it out loud but yeah i want to see the last 2 bots. hopefully they will see it.

so yeah i cancelled mine. not buying more until the last two are shown. it makes more sense. when i pre-ordered it was more of an impulse thing to do.

peeps who disagree with the thread can ignore it. if you think its useless you should think twice about posting here then. no need to gain interweb points. :) 

online retailers should do something about it as well.

17. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Truth.

For myself, I haven't pulled the trigger on a PO yet. I figured if I wait and eventually miss out, at least I'll have an extra $600 (+shipping costs) in my pocket. I do want it, but just not that badly.

18. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    [​IMG]

19. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I had the same thoughts. Except I'll wait for when people start doing reviews on youtube to see if it's worth keeping the figure in my pile of loot. Even if I do get charged, I still have 15 days to cancel my order when the reviews start popping up, and I'm sure I can find something to buy at BBTS with $98 :lol 

20. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

[​IMG]