Back in Black! But why?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Chrono Grimlock, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

I think the big question is whether or not the Black costume is the Venom Symbiote from way back when.

2. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I'm pretty sure it's just a simple costume, not a living one. I'm pretty sure he's used a normal one on a few occasions.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Spidey was wearing a cloth black costume when he defeated Venom at their first big battle at the church bell-tower. I'm pretty sure this one is cloth too. I see no reason Spidey would ever trust a symbiote again.

4. JD

JD Well-Known Member

That's because Peter's a racist jerk. Venom made Peter an unstoppable power house, and he ditched him just because he's an alien symbiote. RACIST! :lol 

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't been reading these comics but was curious as to what Mary Jane's reaction has been to the return of the black costume? Way, way back when Venom first showed up, he intimidated MJ, leading her to become unsettled by appearance of the black costume; this was one of the in-story reasons why (at that time) Peter switched back to the red-and-blue. This point was also brought up at once in the Clone Saga. Given that, has MJ's dislike of the black costume been touched on yet or has it just been removed from consideration (retconned, forgotten about, 'conveniently ignored', etc)?

6. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

According to the article Wizard had on the event, one of the writers ("Sensational," I think) will in fact be touching on this. Curious to see how they'll go about it myself.