Back in 1984,I always viewed Megatron's alt mode as superior to the others.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

1984 Gun Megatron had the ability to convert his entire body into a power riffle gun. every ounce of his body could emit a strong fire power in gun mode to hit/destroy his enemies.

Megatron was the very first targetmaster. as he could transform his body into a gun & other transformers could fire the gun/riffle alt mode.

I really loved 1984 Gun/Riffle megatron's alt mode because it was unique & no other transformers at that time had such a different special alt mode.

often times when their were various transformers with similar or exact alt modes. those transformers just didn't seem that special nor unique.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I hated it because it had pretty much no playability. He became a giant gun. other transformers couldn't hold it, like in the show.

I absolutely hated G1 Megatron as a kid.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    if he is by himself he becomes useless in gun mode

think about that

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    As somebody looking at it as a post G1 era fan, its rather stupid IMO. The big bad Megatron transforms into a gun that ANOTHER had to hold. All it would had took was Starscream doing a transformation lock on him and throw him in a car crusher machine.

Then even Optimus Prime, the leader of the enemy holds him as a gun. If Prime acted like Optimus Primal, the war would had been over with at that point. Its one of those moments when Hasbro really should had been thinking more. A tank would had been better or a jet, anything but a gun. Heck even the gun mode he had wasnt the most powerful around.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    That, plus I still think it's quite retarded as an adult. Let me transform into something that makes me tiny, vulnerable, and requires someone else to do anything with.

Plus, if he is a Targetmaster, then he should be itty bitty.

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    He didn't need an alt mode, his arm cannon is more than enough.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Megatron's actually capable of firing himself in gun mode, just like Shockwave - having someone else aim and fire him is a plus, but not essential. Also, I believe he retains the durability of his robot mode when in gun mode. Unusual, but far from useless.

8. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I like the idea of Megatron being a gun only because a gun is the embodiment of violence..other than that, it was pretty pointless and unpractical.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    this is a startling revelation and i agree with you!

i cant recall megatron firing himself (hehe), maybe i forget, but for most part megatron definitely needed someone to aim him. shockwave was different because he had self propulsion/rockets. hes a space gun!

10. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Correct. I think their were a few G-1 Cartoon episodes & comic issues. where it was shown that megatron was able to fire himself in gun mode & suspend himself in mid-air.

11. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

The opening credits showed Megatron transforming and firing himself in mid-air, but I don't think that was ever the case within the actual show.

But yes, I always did and still do prefer Megatron as a gun. There's just something far more menasing about it.

12. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I always coveted the Megatron toy as a child (only managed to get hold of one for myself with the Book reissues) and thought he had the coolest alt-mode ever, the only transformer that turned into a realistic weapon. (I know about the gun-robos and Browning and all that now, but not back then)

Thinking about it logically, it is a pretty useless alt-mode compared to aircraft and tanks etc and has limited play patterns.

Looks awesome on my shelf tho.

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ^ sorry for the OT but the above 2 posters avy having same expression made me :lol 

14. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked it as a kid, as I felt it fit his personality. Looking back on it as an adult, it doesn't make much sense

15. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I loved his alt mode because as a toy I could hold it myself and use it as a toy gun (I still do). And in the fiction side of things, what better symbol for the leader of a destructive force than a gun; an instrument with no other purpose that to kill.

16. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If anyone actually remembers back in the day almost no one played megs in transformers (aside from being crappy to transformer). He was the ultimate toy gun back then. Add on silencer and scope aside he had weight!

When the last few g1 lines and the early g2 lines started showing transformers was a joke to me and the megs tank just validated that.

If megs were to be a war machine and not a gun, a tank is the last logical place to go. He should have become a seeker. Tank speaks slow, sluggish...you know, the retard of the playground. Sure he's strong but he's just not up to par with everyone else. That's not Megs.

17. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Except of course the fact that a tank has a giant gun barrel that shoots stuff. Like a gun. Only bigger, stronger, and mobile.

if there is ANY mode that's logical for a not-gun G1 Megatron, it's a tank.

18. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

You absolutely had no imagination as a kid.

19. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Some jets have turrets , missles and bombs. Not to mention all terrain ground vehicles that move faster.

A tank is something that is slow and dimwitted with retard strength.

Again, the last logical place to go. Seriously, the dude flys...flying tank? gah...how else to keep up with the other seekers?

20. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    How does a truck keep up with sports cars?