Back From Transformers!!! Spoilers will be plentiful

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by 0JazzMeister0, Jun 27, 2007.

1. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Alright... Review will be up soon, I'm typing it up in my LJ and will cross-post when I'm done.

As I've already warned for spoilers, they will be typed for all to see, so if you dont want to know anything about the Movie, dont look here.

EDIT: Here's my review, cross-posted from my LJ...

Wasn't feeling too well during the day so I was a little out of it in the cinema hall. Slight nausea and lots of excitement dont exactly mix well.

Crowd was the blandest, dullest I've ever watched with. There were very few fans in the audience I think. There were no reactions to anything, in fact it was only our group that reacted to anything. Sheesh...

Non-spoiler version: 4 out of 5 stars for me. Aside from my feeling like crap, I really enjoyed it. Autobot fans will adore this, Decepticon fans... maybe not so much.

Peter Cullen deserves an award for his work as Prime. Much respect to the man, his Optimus still has what it takes to inspire people to action.

Hugo Weaving's Megatron, despite the controversy, was really well done. If you didnt know he was doing the voice, you wouldn't know it was him. Hella scary man.

Spoiler version starts here...

Yes, Jazz dies. Yes, Megatron rips him in half. Yes, he dies trying to defend the others - distracting Megatron to buy the others time to get the Allspark out of the immediate vicinity. Yes, they mourn him at the end. That is all I will say on the matter.

Frenzy... I LOVE FRENZY!!! He is the sneakiest, most vicious, most annoying, most adorable little bastard I have ever laid eyes on and GIVE ME A FRAGGING FRENZY TOY LIKE NOW, DAMMIT! Little fragger gets in just about everywhere to cause mayhem, speaks a garbled mix of English and Cybertronian, flipped someone off, and I just want to hug him... even if it means he'll slice my head off with those killer CDs of his.

The Autobots are love.

Prime was awesome. Gentle at just the right moments, firm when he needed to be, downright vicious when he was forced to be (his "Get out of the car" to the Sector 7 guys would probably make a grown man wet himself), has a sense of humor. I'll be the first one to admit I REALLY like Movie Prime, ALOT. Peter Cullen, you the man! You rock!

Why do the Autobots use so much slang? Easy. Prime explains that they picked up English from the Internet. 'Nuff said.

Ironhide... Ahh good ol' Ironhide. Such a teddy bear. Kinda trigger-happy (he wanted to waste the Sector 7 guys) Good fighter. Voice was great! He had that slightly older, slightly more mature voice. You really get the Old Veteran feel from him, very much in character. I really wanted to hug him.

Ratchet. D'aww... I got the friendly neighborhood doctor from him. Also cuddle-worthy. Could have used a few more lines, but considering the amount of content in the Movie, he did get quite a bit of screentime. That cutting-blade on his arm was wicked.

Bumblebee... Again, this Movie made me LIKE Bee. Bee was adorable, just the cutest little thing ever. He's the audience's link to the Autobots and despite not being able to speak, emotes VERY WELL. Yes, he moved me to tears when Sector 7 started harpooning him and Sam was screaming and trying to stop them, and again when they were 'experimenting' on him. I'm sure Spielberg had influenced that. He gets his voice back at the end when he comes into contact with the Allspark.

Jazz... this was an edgier Jazz than we're used to in G1. Not as gentle-sounding. He was what I would call a mix of Blaster and Jazz, which fit his alt mode. Voice was spot on. He almost looks like he's break-dancing when he transforms and is quite the loyal bot. He was the only one to try and persuade Prime into going after Bee after Bee was captured by Sector 7. I wish we could have seen more of him, but well... he still went out a hero.

The Cons, well apart from Frenzy and Megatron, the only other two who get speaking lines are Starscream (again, another good voice) and Barricade. Not much character development for them, which was expected since the Autobots were the main stars of this. Starscream has some slick moves. Blackout shone at the start. Bonecrusher and Brawl (Called Devastator) blew alot of stuff up.

The story was simple enough to follow. Three main threads joining together at the end for the final showdown. Thread 1 - the Army guys; 2 - Sam, Mikaela and the Autobots; 3 - The Secretary of Defense and the govt. No Shakespearean plot twists or deep storytelling, and thank Primus for that. Lots of eye-candy.

DEWBOT!!! Yes! The Mountain Dew vending machine TF makes an appearance.

I need to watch this again with a better crowd. Far too much to take in just one time. I also need to be less "out of it".

2. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Yes! Spoileresque questions:

In the old script there is a scene where the sector 7 guys illustrate the allspark's power on an iPod, turning it into, I quote, a "nasty little sucker" XD. One of the SFX people bragged about that iPod transformer too. But now I hear he's a cell phone in the final version.

So what is it, iPod or cell phone? Or has the iPod been moved to another scene?

Are Op and Megs brothers or not?

Does the final scene still take place on Everest with Op's call to the autobots?

What's your favorite scene?

3. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    There's no iPod... They use a Nokia cellphone (yay product placement!). As soon as they give it life, it goes ballistic inside its little prison and tries to kill everyone. Cute little bugger, but deadly.

Prime refers to Megatron as "brother" at the end.

There's no Everest either. At the end, they're all on a grassy hillside. Sam and Mikaela are lying on Bee's hood, Ratch and Ironhide are in vehicle mode slightly behind them. Prime is standing in Robot mode on the crest of the hill and looking up to the sky.

4. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Does FRENZY actually kill the Secret Service agents aboard Airforce One? The comic suggests he does, while the kiddie novel says they're 'wounded'.

5. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Cool that you've seen the movie. :) 

I'm really glad you liked the voice of Ironhide, and said it was spot on. However, still stupid that they're calling 'Brawl' still 'Devastator'. I like 'Brawl' much more.

Kudo's.

6. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

What happens when BB reformats? Is it a slow-reveal ultra-product-placement or what?

7. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whats shaking bitches?!
    I want to hear jazz say that so bad.

8. fdny71

fdny71 Well-Known Member

Ha! Never thought I'd see a review where most of them would be considered huggable. But that's great! I feel like I'm going to die waiting for this movie

9. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

I'm back from the Singapore Gala premiere as well, and it is unlikely in my current euphoria induced state I can give a proper review of the movie. But this I can say. THE MOVIE IS AWESOME! Kudos to you Michael Bay, Your effort and our years of waiting have paid off. For the first time ever, the physics actually made them move and feel like real Giant Robots. Voice work was totally great. Hugo Weaving sounded alot like David Kaye at some points. Peter Cullen IS Optimus Prime. I think Frenzy stole the show whenever he was on, I really think given his ferocious nature, I would have prefered Bay's pet name for him, Soundbyte, which I think suits this little runt rather well. I think 0Jazzmeister0 covered most of it, and agree with her on most points.

I can never ever look at cars the same way ever again

SPoiler>> Barricade's fate is a mystery to me, I don't remember him appearing after Bonecrusher shoved him out of his way on the highway

10. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    your a girl arentcha?

11. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I'm glad to hear that a lot of people are liking FRENZY, especially given the initial reaction to his appearance. He seems to be coming across as a nasty little punk (which is, of course, perfect for him!) and I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.

12. Blackstarninja

Blackstarninja Member

Nah , Megan fox says to Shia that why if hes this advanced robot is he a crappy old mustang ?!

HAha

Bumblebee gets pissed and ejects them out of the car doors and drives off .
    Shia says " now youve made him angry " , Bumble bee drives past a new camaro in the tunnel theyre in and scans it as he drives past , then bumblebee returns to shia and megan reformatted into one damn fine looking '08 camaro .

Seems like all the transformers can scan whatever and then transform into it .
    So , its highly likely that prime could be a flan nose truck in the sequel as he would just scan another truck .
    Aweosme movie :) 

13. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

Not as long as he wants to be tall enough to fight decepticons.

14. Muck

Muck Active Member

Does Mikaela really say "Mustang"? Surely, if she is the car geek that promos make her out to be, she would know that BB was a 72 Camaro....

15. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Bumblebee just happens to drive past a 2009 Camaro concept in a tunnel? I would've rather he scanned the internet and hacked chevy's mainframe to get the specs for it.

16. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Okay..

Bee's reformat: Mikaela comments about him being a crappy-looking car. Bee gets a little offended and tosses them out, then drives off. They're inside a tunnel. Next minute, Bee gets up on two wheels (sideways) and drives past the new Camaro and scans it as he goes past (i.e - he's on two wheels thus exposing his under-carriage to the other car). I cant recall if Mikaela called him a Mustang, I doubt so.

Jazz says "What's crackin' li'l bitches" when all the Autobots re-group in the alley after they land on Earth and get their alt-modes. This is just after Prime states that they picked up English off the Internet. It didnt sound out of place, to me. It was sort of like Jazz was quoting something or the other.

Frenzy: yes, he is a little punk, but he's just so damn cute! As I've said before, he's a vicious little bugger.

Yes I am; and I'm sorry if this kills the whole 'Oh they're badass', but yes, I wanted to hug Ratchet and Ironhide.

17. neek_buster

neek_buster The One Man Army

News Credits:
    How 'bout brawl? how much is his involvement in the movie?

18. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Brawl aka Devastator shows up in the final battle and starts blowing the slag out of stuff till Jazz and the army guys manage to take him out.

19. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I just got back from seeing it too...Oh, this movie did not disappoint. Not that I expected it to - I've been a staunch supporter since day 1. Everyone pretty much said the things that i was thinking, but I did note one glaring error -

When Prime picks up the glasses, they're WAY too big.

But really, I'm not bitching. I can't wait to see it again.

Definitely "R" rated violence. NO doubt about that. GO SEE IT AND LOVE IT!!

20. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So when you say "final battle" does this mean that there is no room for a 2nd TF movie? =(?